Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Little Bit
Apr 17, 2003

trouser chili posted:

You just wait till we get your mother in here. @Little Bit, you out there?

Wait...Ben, you have drugs?

I'm here but really not sure if I want to be......

@benro

I've been a goon since before you were born and drugs are bad, meh k?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
haha amazing.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Ben, let's go raid mom's drugs. The bottles say one thing but there's usually four or six different pills in there! It's roulette any way you go about it.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

trouser chili posted:

Ben, let's go raid mom's drugs. The bottles say one thing but there's usually four or six different pills in there! It's roulette any way you go about it.

seems like a good way to end up begging on the highway exit ramps, mom's drugs are different :goshawk:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Good times happening in here.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
this thread has completely derailed from its intended wagon purposes

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yeah it got pretty weird

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Try living with these people.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

What do you mean, "these people"???

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
These people I live with, it's weird I think due the normality of it all. Probably shouldn't be; but I continue to fail upward. Ladued Bigasski over here, have you seen my new rug? Really ties the room together, can't get that yellowish stain out the center of it though. poo poo's weird, man.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I was going for tropic thunder, but Big Lebowski works too!

I still can’t get into standing desks. Like I like the idea, but I don’t think I could do it.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
You can sit at it too and I do. It's motorized with more memory presets than a Honda Odyssey.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

Krakkles posted:

I still can’t get into standing desks. Like I like the idea, but I don’t think I could do it.

Same here. I’m too stuck on my broken old L shape. If there was a L standing desk for relatively cheap, I’m down.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
A wild RL appears.

It’s name is “RA RLY” cause that’s about all that’s left of the badges on the back. Price was free except the fuel to get it home from southern Florida. Bombs down the highway at 90mph with ease, but we had to take it easy cause high RPM was causing oil to spray out the valve cover gaskets onto the manifolds. :supaburn:

Also the micro-v belts are all cracked out and the t-belt is fifteen years vintage in FL heat. But it made it home so it’s mine now.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Spa day RLY?

Ra, rly.

This car is going to clean up so nice, except it's black and black cars are only clean for 15 minutes at a time. Given it takes more than 15 minutes to work from one end to the other, I will spend eternity cleaning.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 24, 2021

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The family that shitposts together stays together? :v:

Also, god drat that RL is choice.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

trouser chili posted:

This car is going to clean up so nice, except it's black and black cars are only clean for 15 minutes at a time. Given it takes more than 15 minutes to work from one end to the other, I will spend eternity cleaning.

Alternate car name: Sisyphus

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

IOwnCalculus posted:

Alternate car name: Sisyphus

Solid suggestion and pairs well with Schwagg's surname, Theseus. I like it as a middle name, RA Sisyphus Rly

It is also not without some more serious cosmetic fault.

On this section near the back of the roof I'm able to pick the clearcoat off with a fingernail, and you can clearly see a large cloudy area of clearcoat delamination. Where the clearcoat remains well-adhered to the basecoat, there is fairly heavy environmental damage. I don't really do the carshow stuff so I'm not that great at making a thing pretty. I'm guessing I should pick off the loose and delaminated clearcoat, do a light fine-grit sanding of the area, spray a couple coats clear, then wetsand.

I've waxed the hood, roof, and trunklid now and I can still see waterspots under the wax, I'm guessing there are multiple layers of wax on this thing and some of the waterspots and environmental damage are below the layer I put down. When you run your hand over the paint, it's largely smooth feeling but you also feel little points of grit throughout. Maybe a claybar to fix?

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 25, 2021

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If there's still a detailing thread, head there. But yeah, clay is the next step before polishing. I've heard vinegar works well on water spots but haven't really tried it personally. :effort:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Touched the great white North and turned back. Killing thousands.

Wonder if the racoon did my bumper like that.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Florida man buys car. Gold smells the best.

Edit: Oh yeah, I live in Florida now.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 24, 2021

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

trouser chili posted:

Florida man buys car. Gold smells the best.

Edit: Oh yeah, I live in Florida now.

Ha! You poor, dumb fucker.

How do you like it? poo poo's nuts 24/7. I love it.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Florida is pretty awesome for me, honestly. Politically it's a dumb as Missouri, ain't nothing really changed. I still own the house in MO as well and the car is for driving between the two because Schwags ain't gonna cut it and the Odybus is just no. Anyway, I live on an island, got a dock, got a boat, got cool neighbors...it's great here.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
hey guys... long break in posting. i've been gone in camp and with senior year, school has been ramping up. :thumbsdown:

did a cool 21 day trip on the yellowstone river and beartooth mountains as well as a 14 day trip from rainy lake to lake superior. but that's not car stuff, so let's get into it.

i came back from camp to learn that my wagon's clutch was slipping (wonder who could have done that while i was away for 2 months :crossarms: ) and that we had blown the poo poo out of the o2 sensor . oh well, we have a donor drivetrain so we replaced the very heat-treated clutch with a stock (i think) clutch from an f22a. i did not anticipate that trans being that much of a PITA to get out and back in.

we replaced the out sensor with one from AEM along with a gauge from AEM. Things were going well! until about 2 seconds into running the car, where we were met with the 3 dashes of death on the gauge. it read correct for a minute or two, but alas, it died.

i'm hoping that big ro (dad) will come on here and explain this in more technical detail, since he's smarter then me and has been working on the wagon more then i have recently.

i don't think i have any pictures at the moment, will upload some later if i do find them.

:cheeky:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
AEM says the gauge is poo poo. Then they said to smash it and they'll send me a new one. Sure hope I didn't call the wrong number.

Gauge was pumping 4.5V to the ECU on D14 O2 sensor pin as measured backprobed on the pins (using both ECU ground and direct battery ground). The Hondata S300 only reads 3.8V on the same pin, but I figured out that's cause D14 is a bitch that way and is capped at 3.8. Some folks say go to D10 ELD sensor pin and chop resistor R136 and R138 from the P28 ECU to make work. Even Hondata says you need chop them resistors out.

Gauge didn't fuckin care how much more fuel I added to the tables, always just gave 4.5V output, which is way lean, and it's supposed to swing from 5 to 0 volts in order to say what fueling is/was (I'm shooting for 2.38 for stoich), so it's hosed. What a gently caress, I've still got a PLX wideband setting here as well, but the o2 sensor it uses is hosed and not compatible with the AEM, so I'm hosed till parts show up.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
benro here again with some never-before-seen pictures of the rallywagon before we parted it out.

found these while me and dad were looking through my camera dump folder. completely forgot i took em.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
I need to know more about ambulance-tow-van.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Where the van-life meets the death-van.

Really dig the thread and these hondos, give 'em hell.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
It’s a 1992 Ford E350 cutaway chassis with a Wheeled Coach ambulance body fitted. It served life as an ambulance somewhere, then was refitted for the Nixa Emergency Tactical Team (NETT), which is basically the City of Nixa, MO SWAT team. The refit consists mostly of ripping out the life support stuff and application of black paint.

It has all its lights, sirens, and a PA. It’s powered by a surprisingly spry 7.3 IDI nonturbo diesel. It’s not fast but it’ll jump to 25mph in fairly short order, basically it beats most poo poo across the intersection, and that’s about it. It cares not what weight you ask it to carry, the fuel mileage is best understood in gallons per hour.

You can see where they just scraped the old NETT markings off the side. I don’t own it, it’s belongs to a friend. We found it on Craigslist for $2,500 maybe a decade ago. It’s eaten a lot more money since then. Biggest expenses I know of was ripping out the rear air suspension for conventional leafs, and tires.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
:five:

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
did some work on my wagon yesterday. not exactly happy with the pictures but oh well.

replaced the old shitness evo 8 fuel injectors

the top orange o rings left orange poo poo all up in my fuel rail. cleaned it out with a rag and carb cleaner. they were pretty gnarly in general.

with new hotness Deatschwerks 550cc Evo 8 injectors

they even came with a nice flow report of each injector.

these old fuckers were so stuck on the rail. it was like somebody had used locktite on the o rings that were in the rail.

we quickly figured out that the spacers and o rings that fit into the intake were not gonna cut it. so dad whipped up a o-ring/spacer widener.

in the background you can even see the rallywagon's intake, still as dirty as the day i took it off.

he held the rings on the sandpaper while i held down the button. like this!

who needs gloves when you're a dad!!

got the injectors nice and snug. we had to cut down the rail spacers as well, for a tighter fit. that was achieved with a sander/grinder/hard thing that spun at approximately very fast. i can still feel the plastic dust in my lungs.

very happy with how they fit. also very happy with Deatschwerk's injectors and reports. they also have tuning data on their website.
dad has now scurried off to florida, where some wagon work may occur (hopefully not), but certainly no work on my wagon, as i'll need his help with some finishing touches.

you can barely tell anything is broken from this picture!!!

he has also left me with the keys to the brand-spanking-new TLX. don't worry, i'll baby it. :angel:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Nice update. Too cold to do poo poo I imagine now. Rip the A/C if you can.

This was fun.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 4, 2022

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Schwags got cleaning.

This shits for boats, it’s fine.

Results.

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

Long time no see, my friend. Nice zip ties keeping the license plate on, Classy. :)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

toaster_pastry posted:

Long time no see, my friend. Nice zip ties keeping the license plate on, Classy. :)

Whoa, haven't seen you around in ages. Used to love the old threads of yours.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

toaster_pastry posted:

Whoa.

I keep trying to get into your part of the world. They won’t let me in. Maybe 2023 now. じぇふさん さようなら

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

toaster_pastry posted:

:whatup:
Blasts from the past ITT

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Finally saw another Goldie Boi in the wild, of course I’m drivin the shitbox.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Wagon poo poo happenin.

RIGHT.loving.NOW.

It’s gettin low in here.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Where's the obligatory Zippo at ground level as a height gauge?