Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just randomly clicked on the thread because I was curious on what level of irony the threat title was running, and it turned out to be an awesome project wagon, and really bummer with your friend. Sometimes cars are bad, drive safe goons.

A few weeks ago I signed up for our local gambler equivalent's winter edition. Start is end of February so I had time, but still needed a car since I didn't have a stable of Accords. Ta-da:

Got it cheap because it barely ran due to a cut TPS wire and faulty EGR valve and had cosmetic issues. The former is fixed and it drives well now (for the 82hp it's got) and the latter I'll tackle after posting this. Basically my plan was similar to what you've done to the Accord, minus the subframe lift.

How did the tires do? I have some generic winters on right now, and unfortunately can't (legally) put bigger tires than 175/65 R14 (or 165/55 R15). The best I could find are these Ziarelli Mud Power at 185/65 R14 which might be close enough to fly under the radar.

Also, any ideas on lifting the thing on the cheap, is it feasible to DIY somehow? I don't really want to spend half the car's cost on the kit that I won't keep on permanently (the rear suspension isn't adjustable for toe).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU