Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

trouser chili posted:

Florida man buys car. Gold smells the best.

Edit: Oh yeah, I live in Florida now.

Ha! You poor, dumb fucker.

How do you like it? poo poo's nuts 24/7. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

trouser chili posted:

Given everything we’ve found wrong on that car I’m surprised it drove from California to St. Louis.

Those cars always were pretty hardy.

Witness my '92 Vigor being perfectly drivable with the trunk crushed up to the rear window. I had a '92 Accord wagon that withstood a 90° hit to the front left corner at 30mph. Not only did it still run, but it tracked straight afterwards. They both had problems before being wrecked and still worked.

I miss those cars, especially the Vigor. Not quick, but it handled very well and had no speed limiter. Accord, but better and far weirder.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

benro posted:

mine has been hit in passenger rear. hard enough to earn it a salvage title and all that. trunk doesn't close quite right and passenger rear door is kinda wonky, everything is shifted to up and to the right slightly but other then that it's all good.

The Vigor was my mother's. She wanted me to have it for a first car but couldn't afford another vehicle. I found a little Saturn for $800, put $200 of brakes and tires on it, then traded her for the Acura.

It was, maybe, too fast of a car for me. Got me through some hard times and kept me safe during the crash though. I still measure steering feel and handling against how that car was.

Traded 3/4 of a Vigor for the Accord wagon outright. Wagon was kind of a mess. My mechanic's girlfriend's show car. They yanked the speaker boxes, put the stock wheels back on, and threw the back seats in without bolts. 2 inch lift, A/C delete, power steering delete, 4 inch exhaust from the manifold back, with a fart can on the end, neon everywhere. Neighbors hated it until they needed to move something, lol.

I'd leave the keys in it in the middle of the worst neighborhood in Huntsville. Sometimes you'd see someone had moved it half-way out of the parking spot, then had given up fighting the steering.

After the wreck, the car was given to my best friend. Her husband drove it for a year, then gave it to one of our friends. Said friend gave it to his brother, who gave it to his cousin, who finally had the head gasket blow.

Long story, I know. Shows you how well these things lasted.

Hats off to you for nursing an old soldier!