Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
the old man is busy so i figured i'd post a little update on the wags and the ITR

my wag is running okay-ish, we put the JDM ITR rims on with some old Falken Azenis' that were originally on the ITR.
neither me or dad can tune a car for poo poo. she doesn't like to engage into VTEC at wide open throttle at all and my rear bumper looks like somebody's rubbed charcoal on it from the car poppin', bangin', and flamin' all the time.
i'm planning on lowering it even more on some BC racing coils when i feel like spending the money and not just looking at my cart.

we got the teg running, here's a sexy picture of it all wet
you can see my fart can exhaust and bumper in this picture, it's gotten way darker then that.

i'm trouser chili's son if you didn't figure that out already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

trouser chili posted:

That's father, son, and mother there. Looks like white wheels were the dominant gene, but the boy has no hope for torque.

Out of those three engines, the Miata has the least amount of torque and the B18c5 has the most. Although my H22A1 is definitely lacking cause of the tune + big ol’ hot air intake.

edit: I was wrong. The H22A makes more torques then the B18C5.

benro fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 24, 2021

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

sharkytm posted:

Little trouser, get to making babies so we can have 3 gens in one thread.

not anytime soon lol, babies are yucky and they look weird.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

And props to your wife for rocking them, but those Blues plates are pretty, uh, plain. Illinois can get Cardinals plates but not Blues. What bullshit that is.

i think the blues plates are good looking, the new missouri plates are pretty plain anyway you go about it.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
:golfclap: touché, father, touché. :golfclap:

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

trouser chili posted:

You just wait till we get your mother in here.

Mom has a loving SA account? I am late to the party.

Krakkles posted:

Also Ben you have to share drugs, didn't your father teach you that?

Getting called my name by somebody named “Krakkles” is loving weird.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

trouser chili posted:

Ben, let's go raid mom's drugs. The bottles say one thing but there's usually four or six different pills in there! It's roulette any way you go about it.

seems like a good way to end up begging on the highway exit ramps, mom's drugs are different :goshawk:

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
this thread has completely derailed from its intended wagon purposes

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

Krakkles posted:

I still can’t get into standing desks. Like I like the idea, but I don’t think I could do it.

Same here. I’m too stuck on my broken old L shape. If there was a L standing desk for relatively cheap, I’m down.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
hey guys... long break in posting. i've been gone in camp and with senior year, school has been ramping up. :thumbsdown:

did a cool 21 day trip on the yellowstone river and beartooth mountains as well as a 14 day trip from rainy lake to lake superior. but that's not car stuff, so let's get into it.

i came back from camp to learn that my wagon's clutch was slipping (wonder who could have done that while i was away for 2 months :crossarms: ) and that we had blown the poo poo out of the o2 sensor . oh well, we have a donor drivetrain so we replaced the very heat-treated clutch with a stock (i think) clutch from an f22a. i did not anticipate that trans being that much of a PITA to get out and back in.

we replaced the out sensor with one from AEM along with a gauge from AEM. Things were going well! until about 2 seconds into running the car, where we were met with the 3 dashes of death on the gauge. it read correct for a minute or two, but alas, it died.

i'm hoping that big ro (dad) will come on here and explain this in more technical detail, since he's smarter then me and has been working on the wagon more then i have recently.

i don't think i have any pictures at the moment, will upload some later if i do find them.

:cheeky:

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
benro here again with some never-before-seen pictures of the rallywagon before we parted it out.

found these while me and dad were looking through my camera dump folder. completely forgot i took em.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
did some work on my wagon yesterday. not exactly happy with the pictures but oh well.

replaced the old shitness evo 8 fuel injectors

the top orange o rings left orange poo poo all up in my fuel rail. cleaned it out with a rag and carb cleaner. they were pretty gnarly in general.

with new hotness Deatschwerks 550cc Evo 8 injectors

they even came with a nice flow report of each injector.

these old fuckers were so stuck on the rail. it was like somebody had used locktite on the o rings that were in the rail.

we quickly figured out that the spacers and o rings that fit into the intake were not gonna cut it. so dad whipped up a o-ring/spacer widener.

in the background you can even see the rallywagon's intake, still as dirty as the day i took it off.

he held the rings on the sandpaper while i held down the button. like this!

who needs gloves when you're a dad!!

got the injectors nice and snug. we had to cut down the rail spacers as well, for a tighter fit. that was achieved with a sander/grinder/hard thing that spun at approximately very fast. i can still feel the plastic dust in my lungs.

very happy with how they fit. also very happy with Deatschwerk's injectors and reports. they also have tuning data on their website.
dad has now scurried off to florida, where some wagon work may occur (hopefully not), but certainly no work on my wagon, as i'll need his help with some finishing touches.

you can barely tell anything is broken from this picture!!!

he has also left me with the keys to the brand-spanking-new TLX. don't worry, i'll baby it. :angel:

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
we went crazy on wagons today.
tuning, wrenching, goofin', goonin'
dad got me BCRacing BR series coils for me wagon. and it was nice out today.
i put another o2 sensor in the car cause it loving eats them. we also re-wired where the o2 sensor goes into the ECU, so now it's correct :)

and of course we lowered the coils as far as they'll go. will upload pictures tomorrow with banana for scale.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

madeintaipei posted:

I had a '92 Accord wagon that withstood a 90° hit to the front left corner at 30mph. Not only did it still run, but it tracked straight afterwards.

mine has been hit in passenger rear. hard enough to earn it a salvage title and all that. trunk doesn't close quite right and passenger rear door is kinda wonky, everything is shifted to up and to the right slightly but other then that it's all good.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

trouser chili posted:

Ya know, I think we got a friend down southern Missouri way with a frame machine. Well, she used to. Maybe we could get it pulled. It’s just so slightly bent somewhere that a straight pull could bring it out.

we also have a tractor and ratchet straps. and hammers.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
so i got some pics.

she's low low now. and no banana for scale, had to grab an orange instead.

the ITR is monstertrucking compared to the wagon now.

fitment is pretty tight, wish i had some 16 inch white TE37's to through on it though...

ugly old coils. yuck yuck
i wish i had taken a picture of the BC BR series coils before we put em on, i was too busy drooling over how nice they looked.

here's a comparison to the next gen wagon and an odyssey.

i know that i'll have to make it an inch higher, cause it scrapes on pinecones now. i'm just enjoying it how it is right now.
anybody know how to tune? could really use some pointers cause we can't tune for poo poo. it's the only thing that's stopping it from driving now.

other car updates:
i fuckin destroyed a tire on the TLX... pothole after snow clearing got my rear end.
RL has to get registered in missouri like yesterday.
ITR is up for inspection.
my car is FAR past inspection date. it doesn't get driven though, sad
since dad flip flops from Florida to Missouri, it's hard to get work done sometimes. i'd like to say that's what has stopped us from getting the wagon driving again, but i think it's also my general apathy towards the car. i swear it fights us on everything

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
hello all. it's been a while.

the wagon didn't run until a few months ago. maybe 2.

tuned by a wizard over the internet. he did a good job.

2 weeks ago, me and TC ran the car at a smooth 100mph all the way down to Florida, where I go to college. where it promptly broke.

3 hours from our destination we found ourselves stranded with a car that would crank but not start. all that was running through my mind was fuel pump.
we waited for about half a day at a gas station for a tow truck to come, he never showed. we got bored so we started taking things apart. \

https://i.imgur.com/Xo2JSgF.mp4

what do you know. distributor rotor had no screw holding it on, so it self-clearanced. got that fixed with a part from autozone and we were back on the road.

flash forward to a week and a half later. i go to check the oil on the car.

(sorry for big image size, am noob)
oh no. oh no. oh no.
that's gas. a lot of it. in the oil.

so that's where the wagon is at now. any suggestions would be appreciated.
i've already put Rotella 15w-40 heavy duty diesel oil in it and I haven't driven it once since I found out gas in oil.
it's most likely piston rings, which would make sense because this car didn't run right until 2 months ago.
i've pretty much ruled out injectors, as those are brand new.

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

trouser chili posted:

Given everything we’ve found wrong on that car I’m surprised it drove from California to St. Louis.

this. is. foreshadowing.

:gbsmith:

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP

trouser chili posted:

Regardless of mode, from a dead stop the TLX bangs off three gears and walks a carlength ahead before the ITR hits VTEC.

I absolutely ran the ITR a few months ago in the TLX from dead stop. That was amazing, made me realize how much harder the TLX puts down but the ITR still wins my heart.

The TLX-S is not a car that’s built for racing. It’s built for cruising on the highway and walking on 90’s/2000’s Honda’s that think they’re faster.

Every time I drive that car I enjoy the looks it gets and peoples faces when I tell them it’s stock/not tuned. It’s the best pulling car I’ve felt out of a corner. It can really dig in and power out when you want it to. That being said, 400-450 hp would be better in that big bad chassis. 350 hp is a little slow for that car.

The buttons are horrid. So many buttons. I had the TLX at college for a few months and I was still learning what all the buttons did by the end.

The transmission is good, but I’m not a fan. They put the same 10 speed auto in the TLX as a Honda Accord, which means it can’t stand up to more power. Apparently it struggles to hold 350 hp, as the loving thing blew. Should’ve given us a 6 speed man, not a magic-based auto. Big let down on that car.

I’ll be posting an update on this thread about my wagon sometime soon. Very busy at college. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benro
Apr 22, 2021

BEEP BEEP I'M A HEEP
My wagon has been pushed into the garage.
:alonso:

The wagon makes the ITR look clean :lol:

Here's how close it is on either side

Pulling engine maybe this weekend. Will update.