Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hell yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You can also make a passable installation tool using a bolt of the same thread as the rivnut, and a nut and a star washer that are big enough for the bolt shank to pass through but small enough that the head of the bolt puts pressure on it. The nut and the star washer pin the rivnut and keep it from spinning while you torque it and compress it.

The star washer is highly consumable in this setup but if you only need to install the one, then you should be good.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Krakkles posted:

Dang, dude. What a story.

I’m sorry you’ve lost two great friends.

If nothing else, it says a lot about Matt - and about our beloved OP - to earn a eulogy like that.

Condolences, dude.

Also, water crossings are awesome.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

trouser chili posted:

The way I caught him and the girlfriend the other day I think they may be trying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvPvnwbYEPU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

trouser chili posted:

This car is going to clean up so nice, except it's black and black cars are only clean for 15 minutes at a time. Given it takes more than 15 minutes to work from one end to the other, I will spend eternity cleaning.

Alternate car name: Sisyphus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

benro posted:

i've pretty much ruled out injectors, as those are brand new.

New just means not used, new does not mean good unfortunately.