Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Fneeb posted:

I stopped playing this just as the first DLC pack came out because it just seemed like too much of a grind. I want to play with some of the new characters but it looks like they've doubled down on the grinding, is there an easy way to get a load of enhancement points or those Shield tokens?

Delta Danger Room is the best for getting SHIELD Tokens. You also get extremely high amounts of money from doing it if you're looking to buy enhanced XP Cubes. Just remember to do it online against other players and have Events enabled if appropriate since that piles on even more bonuses.

Enhancement points is just pure grinding tbh. There's a few tricks you can employ to make this easier on yourself though: Get 16 (or 20 since they're upping the ISO-8 Slots) Team XP ISO-8s (White ISOs btw) and upgrade those to the highest level. Those drastically cuts down on the grind. Second, use the Wakanda Lv. 48 Rush on Lambda rift; Miles, Gwen, and Miss Marvel spawns periodically there and there's a Strange boss once you're down to the last minute which drastically speeds up the grind. With this, you can take a character from Lv. 80 to 200 frighteningly fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
I haven’t even seen one team xp iso :( I’ve loaded up with rare iso drops and just using Ms Marvel’s spin to win, but I’m looking at a hex grid that isn’t even half way done so the fourth slot is out of my reach. Just have to hope they won’t balance much content against the new level cap!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Fneeb posted:

I haven’t even seen one team xp iso :( I’ve loaded up with rare iso drops and just using Ms Marvel’s spin to win, but I’m looking at a hex grid that isn’t even half way done so the fourth slot is out of my reach. Just have to hope they won’t balance much content against the new level cap!

If you get a white ISO that says "increases the drop rate of white ISOs" that's the one you want to use.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

So Reed might apparently be better than Ms. Marvel.

Also, the unlockable characters are Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Thing, Dr. Doom, and Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet holy poo poo!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

So Reed might apparently be better than Ms. Marvel.

and Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet holy poo poo!

This might make me buy the DLC now.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The mission is like 90 minutes but extremely good (other than some bullshit jumping stuff you can just use colossus to bypass)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The real challenge of the DLC is hallways.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If anyone still plays this I’m looking for online pals.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'd like to finally play it in MP.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We should totally do that, friend!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am just at the beginning of this game but I will play it with you

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think I'm pretty close to the beginning as well, haven't played it since I first got it a while back. How the hell do I share my Nintendo info? They make it so much more difficult than Xbox or PS.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think I'm pretty close to the beginning as well, haven't played it since I first got it a while back. How the hell do I share my Nintendo info? They make it so much more difficult than Xbox or PS.

It's the number at the bottom of the add friends option.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 25, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thanks

SW-5944-7040-6908

Feel free to add me for this and Smash. I’ll be on later tonight.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I just got back in to this game and also want to play with some folks, I'll post my friend code when I'm actually close to my switch

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
New friends!

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I am ready to spam Storm's ice tornado online soon

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I would like to actually try the online as well, need to redownload tonight, but will be on during the week.

3499-6684-7486

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Alright, my FC is SW-0109-9963-4794

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

mine is SW-1411-1842-2628

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I added the poo poo out of you people.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Double post

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 29, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Are any of y'all on any of the discords? I have one for Mario golf we can use if needed. Just feels easier to contact through that rather than whatever Nintendo thinks it's doing with the online messaging.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Picked this up ages back, never tried it, gave it a shot today and seems fun enough so far. Anything to know before I get too far in? Any characters who are unusably bad/super good; is the dlc worth getting early or wait to clear main story first; what should I beeline for on the hex grid, etc.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ElegantFugue posted:

Picked this up ages back, never tried it, gave it a shot today and seems fun enough so far. Anything to know before I get too far in? Any characters who are unusably bad/super good; is the dlc worth getting early or wait to clear main story first; what should I beeline for on the hex grid, etc.

Characters don't auto-level to match your active party so at a certain point you're basically gonna have to commit to a party to actually finish the story. Also if you wanna unlock bonus characters I hope you like grinding.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 3, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

TwoPair posted:

Characters don't auto-level to match your active party so at a certain point you're basically gonna have to commit to a party to actually finish the story.

I'm not sure what this means.

And I'm always looking for people with which to play this online.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Like, say you don't play as Hulk after he's introduced at level 5 or whatever and then later when everyone's like level 50, you decide "hey I never played as Hulk, he might have some cool moves". Hulk will still be level 5 instead of accumulating XP like the rest of the team (which is how the first 2 mua games did it iirc) so you're just gonna have to go back and redo the whole game again to level him up to match the rest of your team.

Oh and if you're looking for character advice, Ms. Marvel is real good. She's got a spinkick that does decent damage and keeps enemies at distance very effectively.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 3, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I ran with Gwen and Ms. Marvel because they both had good AOE specials (Kamala's is a little better). Also Elektra and Psylocke for bonuses.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh yeah, now I know what you're talking about. Thanks.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

for the hex grid, go for things that heal you first. the most easily available is going to be, i believe, heal on ultimate. your ultimates do shittons of damage, so once you get enough of those nodes, your ultimates should double as full heals. i think there are some other ones, like "heal against stunned enemies" that can help out. sustaining health is one of the bigger problems early.

nobody is "unusably" bad, but there are bad characters. scarlet witch and doctor strange among them, because one of their slots is dedicated to a heal, and the heals suck. the two primary measures of a character are a) their inherent stats and b) the abilities and how their abilities synergize. scarlet witch, for instance, has awful synergies and barely fits with anyone.
as enemies get more difficult, your primary method of defeating them is to use the power combos to break down their barriers, then do a bunch of damage while they're down. so, you need good synergies to do well.

the dlc is mostly about whether or not you want to play the characters. only the fantastic four part has an actual story chapter, the others just have various danger room challenge stages, added nodes to hex grid, and other powerups you can buy. two of the most broken characters in the game are dlc folks, in invisible woman and phoenix. phoenix being especially unique because she has an ability that drops a ring on the ground that MASSIVELY restores the resource you use to cast your skills. like, increases it so much that you can pmuch just spam things forever.

how much you want to go deep in the game will depend on how much you like mindless grinding, because the primary way to level characters never changed from the base game, and it involves grinding the exact same stage over and over and over again.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
The game points you toward synergy combos but imo it's kind of a trap - as things got harder I got way more mileage from using the individual skills that list 'does bonus damage to shields' or whatever it's all called to break that bar then dump on the synergy combos for damage. Lot more mana efficient that way, especially if you do some character swapping to spread out the meter usage.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

teh_Broseph posted:

The game points you toward synergy combos but imo it's kind of a trap - as things got harder I got way more mileage from using the individual skills that list 'does bonus damage to shields' or whatever it's all called to break that bar then dump on the synergy combos for damage. Lot more mana efficient that way, especially if you do some character swapping to spread out the meter usage.
but even those moves will do considerably more damage to barriers if they're part of a synergy. the weird thing about the game is that when you're playing alone and hold R to use the automatic synergies, it costs way more mana for both characters. if you do it "naturally" by actually using the skill at the right time or hitting a during the quarter second window when it prompts you, it costs the same as normal.

spamming the break shield abilities is a good strategy regardless cause the ai will sometimes accidently synergize with you. it really did make the gameplay a little more unsatisfying when so much of it was based around getting shields down before you could do anything.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The story dlc has some of the worst segments of the entire game. Basically anything with the celestial.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm going to be playing this game again if anyone is still interested.

Haven't gotten to the DLC yet.