Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

My voucher is loving ready!!!!!!!

Can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

when are they adding squirrel girl

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

actually luke, peanuts aren't technically nuts. they're leguuuumes.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

this game's roster is real good though, we're back into a golden era for marvel video games with spiderman and MUA3, i'm hoping.

want to get three friends together and co-op this whole thing

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I hope Moon Knight makes a reappearance. He was a ton of fun in Ultimate Alliance 1.

Until then I can roll w/ Black Panther.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Sea Lily posted:

Thanos is in, there's a slight chance she finishes the fight.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

I hope Moon Knight makes a reappearance. He was a ton of fun in Ultimate Alliance 1.

Until then I can roll w/ Black Panther.

Ill be shocked as hell if he isn’t part of that Marvel Knights DLC. Moon King rules.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game is gonna own

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
If we're getting Elsa then my main man Captain **** better be coming too, we need more Nextwave rep

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

HebrewMagic posted:

If we're getting Elsa then my main man Captain **** better be coming too, we need more Nextwave rep

Monica got referenced in Captain marvel so anything is possible lol

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
We would also need alcoholic Machine Man too.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I’m tired of seeing “ISO-whatever” in Marvel games. In all of the mobile games, it’s the micro transaction currency so it just gets a negative reaction from me. I don’t think it’s being used for that here but I still don’t like it

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

I’m tired of seeing “ISO-whatever” in Marvel games. In all of the mobile games, it’s the micro transaction currency so it just gets a negative reaction from me. I don’t think it’s being used for that here but I still don’t like it

it's just a thing marvel invented to make sense in a video game context. they made up ISO-8 and lol canonized it so there could be a currency for games.

it's at least a step up in creativity from having gold or orbs drop. idk what I'd do differently. it's a game and something's gotta drop when you kill an AIM guy.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So how much content do these games tend to have? Is it like diablo? I would love to have something that could replace the marvel heroes shaped hole in my heart.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

DrManiac posted:

So how much content do these games tend to have? Is it like diablo? I would love to have something that could replace the marvel heroes shaped hole in my heart.

I'm guessing the main single player story will take up about 5 hours and then there are another couple hundred hours of playing with idiots like us, for absolutely no reason or reward, and you keep doing it and you don't have any logical explanation why.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The same dev team did the hyrule warriors game which has dozens of hours of stuff to do with a dlc that tripled that for the same price point as the mua3 announced dlc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After you complete the storyline, what will there be for post-game content?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

the friends you made along the way

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

The infinity trials are similar to the adventure mode from Hyrule warriors, where missions are on a grid and completing one opens others on the grid like minesweeper depending on what objectives you complete in said mission. This is how you unlock characters, skins and presumably collectibles like art.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

How is Team Ninja as a dev? Are they good or better than Ravensoft and Vicarious Visions at least?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

bushisms.txt posted:

The same dev team did the hyrule warriors game which has dozens of hours of stuff to do with a dlc that tripled that for the same price point as the mua3 announced dlc.

Well, half the dev team. Only Team Ninja and not Omega Force (they are usually the ones to dump a bunch of extra modes in their games).

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

How is Team Ninja as a dev? Are they good or better than Ravensoft and Vicarious Visions at least?

They are currently working on nioh2 and nioh 1 is considered one of the better souls variations and arguably better in the combat.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

They are currently working on nioh2 and nioh 1 is considered one of the better souls variations and arguably better in the combat.

So probably won't be too bad then. I've not played those games, are they pretty long? Any chance of the series being dumbed down even more than XML1 to 2 to M:UA 1 to M:UA 2?

Last time with M:UA, Vicarious Visions tried to scale people to their comic selves so I wonder if they'll try that here too.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Oh wow, wow! Didn't know developers of known top 10 games ever Ninja Gaiden Black were making this (pls ignore their other titles). Feeling even better bout my preorder, let's goooo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThermoPhysical posted:

Team Ninja had like two serious missteps in Other M and Yaiba Z, the first which wasn't really entirely on them. Besides being a DOA factory they made the best Warriors game in the franchise and the best response to From Software's games yet, they're really solid and judging from the content they made for Hyrule Warriors, they have a fantastic track record of giving you like a hundred hours worth of poo poo to do.

ThermoPhysical posted:

So probably won't be too bad then. I've not played those games, are they pretty long? Any chance of the series being dumbed down even more than XML1 to 2 to M:UA 1 to M:UA 2?

Last time with M:UA, Vicarious Visions tried to scale people to their comic selves so I wonder if they'll try that here too.

the ISO-8 customization systems for characters and teams plus the challenge rifts/expansions in the pipe alone make it seem like MUA3 is a leap forward rather than backwards. It looks like it's the kind of game they want to support for a while and put things in place to keep you busy. Not surprising coming from the people who plunked down like infinite content for Hyrule Warriors.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 8, 2019

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Really odd that Ant-Man is an NPC but Wasp is playable, really didn't see that coming.

That crazy dude who was into wasp from the marvel heroes forums has some pull with this company it would seem.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

That crazy dude who was into wasp from the marvel heroes forums has some pull with this company it would seem.

Can't wait for a copy of mua3 to be the best man at his wedding to Wasp

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Sea Lily posted:

Also I'm seconding this, give me Doreen or I riot

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Didn't you hear? Squirrel Girl is offensive now.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I don't even want to know what you're getting at there homie

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

HebrewMagic posted:

I don't even want to know what you're getting at there homie

A joke article (apparently), but I misremembered. It was about how Marvel are bigots, or something, for canceling Squirrel Girl.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

That article sucks poo poo and I wish people would stop giving it attention

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Zelder posted:

That article sucks poo poo and I wish people would stop giving it attention

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Marvel didn't even cancel squirrel girl

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
switch can't render enough bones to include squirrel girl

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I preordered this game but I was really hoping for more mutants in the starting roster. They keep doing my boys Iceman and Gambit dirty. :(

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Two of my favorites too Eddain.

There must be some internal poll that says Gambit and Iceman aren’t popular yet everywhere I turn, both of them have incredibly strong fan bases.

I really don’t get it. Iceman especially.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Look all I want is the sparring mode from Xmen Legends back

Let me shoot Thantos with the riflemans

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm just glad we got Nightcrawler, he was always my favorite X-man.

Peter Parker/Miles Morales/Kamala Khan/Kurt Wagner let's fuckin goooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I literally bought a switch to play this, used by GST to pre order it. I loved the first two, so I don't have any doubts that i'll love this.

Lots of Waifus, just need Squirrel Girl and Gwenpool. Maybe Wolverine.

Is there going to be MP? Either Local or online? I'd love to be able to play with my friends with switches when we get together, or with goons. For as long as I've knowing ICR on here, I don't think i've played with you directly more than once.