Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013
I'm looking for couch co-op that is good for short plays, like 30-45 minutes sessions max.

Diablo has been our main game for this, but we need a new game now. Basic idea of MUA seems fitting, punch people, get rich.

Would we get any meaningful progress in this game in short bursts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Chazani posted:

I'm looking for couch co-op that is good for short plays, like 30-45 minutes sessions max.

Diablo has been our main game for this, but we need a new game now. Basic idea of MUA seems fitting, punch people, get rich.

Would we get any meaningful progress in this game in short bursts?

Oh yeah. Couch co-op is the way to go

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Whoa Dooms Fantastic Fours main villain? Major spoilers in this thread!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Costumes coming with the new update:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1209156944910405635?s=21

I knew in my heart that the Moon Knight alt wasn’t going to be his suit look because they let him glide using his cape, but I was still really hoping

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Whoa I don't know who/what Visage is but that looks cool

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No idea either but he looks like he from a What If...The Vision became Sorcerer Supreme.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Scrap Dragon posted:

I knew in my heart that the Moon Knight alt wasn’t going to be his suit look because they let him glide using his cape, but I was still really hoping

Some sweet costumes in there.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Scrap Dragon posted:

His alt's alt color though... holy hell is that one amazing...

Anyways, it's out. Much like in Curse of the Vampire, you unlock the new characters through the first part of the new Gauntlets. Iceman comes first, then Gambit and Cable, and finally Phoenix.

Iceman seems to be a specialized hybrid, being all about his ice attacks. He has good damage and a buff that applies ice and damage reduction to himself and others but lacks ways to stagger.

Gambit and Cable are long-range attackers with crowd-control aspects. Gambit's Explosives-synergy attacks only blow up when it's synergized with, either by Gambit himself or an ally. Cable can lay down turrets and has a shield which he can use to synergize with said turret.

Phoenix is support. Her Extreme Attack can revive downed teammates and puts a self-buff on her that revives her when she gets downed, and she gets a field that deals DoT and absorbs said damage as EP for herself and her teammates. These two things are the main reason to use her since her other abilities are unimpressive and I have heard she's extremely squishy without good damage resist ISOs. At least she can stagger well if you need a staggerer on your team since she packs the traditional attack for that (a charge attack).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Folt The Bolt posted:

Phoenix is support. Her Extreme Attack can revive downed teammates and puts a self-buff on her that revives her when she gets downed, and she gets a field that deals DoT and absorbs said damage as EP for herself and her teammates. These two things are the main reason to use her since her other abilities are unimpressive and I have heard she's extremely squishy without good damage resist ISOs. At least she can stagger well if you need a staggerer on your team since she packs the traditional attack for that (a charge attack).

I started playing this for the first time since before the first DLC pack because I like Gambit and Phoenix, and that EP generating field is incredible. Grinding with Ms. Marvel's spin-to-win kick is no longer dependent on blue orb drop luck. Don't sleep on Phoenix's damage potential, though. Her charge kinda sucks because of the long startup and end lag, but her centralized burst is pretty fast and decently strong when not charged and her third special is fast and covers a huge conical spread in front of her.

I've almost got Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, Captain America, and Rocket/Groot to 200 now, and after that I'll pick one or two more people who will synergize better with the group, train them to 200, and then hopefully steamroll some Danger Room stuff for costumes.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

TheDK posted:

Whoa I don't know who/what Visage is but that looks cool

It's from a really old issue of his solo book. The same look ended up as his DLC alt in UMVC3.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/3/3c/Doctor_Strange_Vol_1_177.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080727021527

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I started tackling X-Men Gauntlets to get the new DLC characters' alt colors, and my team of Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, Magneto, and Cyclops ran into a brick wall on the level 160 one. I looked up a video of someone completing the level 180 gauntlet and saw Colossus doing work, so I quickly ground him and Wasp (she has amazing synergy with Ms. Marvel's spin-to-win kick and is pretty good besides that) up to 200. Turns out Colossus is basically amazing and him being a big ball of survivability let me clear the level 160 gauntlet and then first try the level 180 gauntlet for the red Phoenix color.

Now I get to do that Danger Room nonsense a bunch for those new alt costumes.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I started tackling X-Men Gauntlets to get the new DLC characters' alt colors, and my team of Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, Magneto, and Cyclops ran into a brick wall on the level 160 one. I looked up a video of someone completing the level 180 gauntlet and saw Colossus doing work, so I quickly ground him and Wasp (she has amazing synergy with Ms. Marvel's spin-to-win kick and is pretty good besides that) up to 200. Turns out Colossus is basically amazing and him being a big ball of survivability let me clear the level 160 gauntlet and then first try the level 180 gauntlet for the red Phoenix color.

Now I get to do that Danger Room nonsense a bunch for those new alt costumes.

If you do Delta Danger Room, you get 10 points if you win, and 5 points if you lose so long as you're playing against other people. If it's against the CPU, Delta Danger Room awards 5 points for a win and nothing for a loss.

Since each tier needs 5 points to unlock, that means you could at best make do with 15 plays or 30 plays at your worst if you're playing against humans.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The rewards for Danger Room are way too low for how long they take. It sorta balances now while the event tiers are up but once there are no special reward tiers left it’s going to be reallllllll too low

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Fumaofthelake posted:

The rewards for Danger Room are way too low for how long they take. It sorta balances now while the event tiers are up but once there are no special reward tiers left it’s going to be reallllllll too low

Ironically, I think Danger Room is also the best way to farm SHIELD Tokens right now because it takes less time than the Gauntlets.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Folt The Bolt posted:

Ironically, I think Danger Room is also the best way to farm SHIELD Tokens right now because it takes less time than the Gauntlets.

Actually it’s pretty good no matter what if you play online against people. A win is pretty solid. I retract everything

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Oh yeah. Couch co-op is the way to go

Bought the game during holidays and it's pretty much perfect for what we needed. Checkpoints seem plenty, so short sessions work excellent

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I actually had alot of fun with the game my first playthrough. The actual difficultly was a surprise but a welcome one. Only gripe I had was characters like Scarlet Witch are almost unusable. Why would they not give Spider Man hella synergies? They should know who the popular characters are. They could've at least patched the game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm glad the dlc follows the trend of raising the max level (so that I can finish the base content.)

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

They balanced them differently so it’s actually faster to go from 150 to 200 than it is 100 to 150.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is there a way to mitigate the defense down debuff in the Danger Room? If I get it I pretty much lose.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Is there a way to mitigate the defense down debuff in the Danger Room? If I get it I pretty much lose.

Sounds glib but best way would be to not get it. I find in online a lot of time my allies don’t appear to be paying any attention to the buff/debuff challenges

Barring that maybe use colossus and tank it with his def skill or play as Phoenix and bank a self revive by using the extreme attack

One thing that may be helpful to know is that a full party wipe leads to a team revive in 10 seconds so if you’re the last one standing just take a dive. Will have better odds after your team is back than trying to claw your way back alone.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

To no one's surprise, but to many's excitement regardless, Dr. Doom is coming:
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1221794991762096129

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Four new costumes dropped today as well. Gwenom, antivenom, ms marvel and miles streetwear

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I'm assuming it's a no but there's not been any patch that improved the local coop experience is there? My wife and I were playing around launch but repeatedly we'd be in fights where the camera position made it impossible to see both characters in some fights making them extremely no fun. Bullseye was the worst example but they all had some level of issue for us. It was enough we stopped playing around the mansion level.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

They fixed the control sync issue some people were having but as to your issue nope it’s still bad

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh yesss:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1230160114423869440?s=09

Incidentally, with March 26 as the release date, we've basically had every major DLC Pack out every third month or so.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I finished both Battle Passes with like 3 hours to spare on the older one. Now I wait for this DLC.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Defenders (& Deadpool): https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1240669745545801730
Avengers (& Crystal): https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1241031777189105664
Guardians of the Galaxy (& Thanos): https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1241472493925228544

The Defenders and GoTG (& Deadpool and Thanos) look amazing holy crap!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

They're doing daily reveals so there should be another set of costumes revealed this evening, too. And yeah, those costumes are all pretty great besides maybe Falcon's being boring.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

They're doing daily reveals so there should be another set of costumes revealed this evening, too. And yeah, those costumes are all pretty great besides maybe Falcon's being boring.

We are already done with every character that was in the base game (thanks to GoTG + Thanos being shown last night). That means the only ones left are the season pass DLC X-Men.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1241833118975156225?s=20

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Gambit is now in Smash.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh my:

https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1242119421432217600?s=20

New boss fights y'all.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Gambit is now in Smash.

Age of Apocalypse Gambit, the saddest Gambit of them all.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That is a bad rear end looking Celestial.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

That is a bad rear end looking Celestial.

Another note: The Celestial looks eerily similiar to one of the Celestials depicted on the Murals detailing the Infinity Armor on Wakanda. That might be a big clue to what this pack will give us!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I think we got Dr. Doom's boss render guys:
https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1242482053540483074?s=20

EDIT:
Shadow of Doom patch notes holy poo poo:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MAU3/comments/fodi0g/patch_notes_story_mode_and_extra_iso_slots/

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 24, 2020

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh, the Fantastic Four characters also come with the possibility of getting their alts:
https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1242843831218794496?s=20

And surprising absolutely no one, Dr. Doom himself is the fifth Fantastic Four DLC character.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

as this is likely the last dlc we see for the game, i am disappointed we never got some quality of life changes to iso-8 management, was by far my biggest complaint about the game. it gets easier once you know what is garbage (most of it) but is still a hassle for long play sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
I stopped playing this just as the first DLC pack came out because it just seemed like too much of a grind. I want to play with some of the new characters but it looks like they've doubled down on the grinding, is there an easy way to get a load of enhancement points or those Shield tokens?