Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
There's absolutely local

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

They'll probably do online too...maybe. Local co-op is 100% confirmed since they did shitloads of that at E3. Luckily, if you're not doing co-op, you won't have those rings around the characters while you're playing. That really distracted me during the E3 vids.

I wonder if you'll be able to drop the other 3 in the team and solo the whole game literally by yourself, no NPCs to help or hinder you. That made playing as Dark Phoenix in the PSP version of X-Men Legends 2 REALLY loving fun. I might pull that out and play it for a while before M:UA 3 drops.

Does anyone know if you can pre-order games on Prime Day and still get to use special Prime Day Amazon money? I got $10 from Whole Foods coming and would love to get some cash off of this game.

Though, Prime Day is 16-17 this year and it may be too late to preorder it when you're so close to launch.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

From Nintendo's page for MUA3.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-the-black-order-switch/#game-info

"Local and Online Multiplayer – The game can be played offline or online* with up to 4 players** on a single screen or using multiple systems."

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My body...is ready

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zelder posted:

Monica got referenced in Captain marvel so anything is possible lol

That was only fair, Monica was calling herself Captain Marvel 30 years before Carol was.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Two of my favorites too Eddain.

There must be some internal poll that says Gambit and Iceman aren’t popular yet everywhere I turn, both of them have incredibly strong fan bases.

I really don’t get it. Iceman especially.

Iceman's been in all 4 Xmen Legends/MUA games. Gambit was in XLegends 2/MUA2. I'd say both are probably going to be in the expansion pack. Gotta save some characters for DLC.

Marvel Knights will probably be Moon Knight, Shang Chi, Cloak+Dagger, and Punisher

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Can I be a hero who's power is to just get really tall?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rufio posted:

probably Ms Marvel or Mr Fantastic

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rufio posted:

Vince McMahon get out of this thread.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rufio posted:

Ant-Man is not playable. :/

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw a commercial for this game and it looks real bad. Hope it ends up being better.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Empress Brosephine posted:

I saw a commercial for this game and it looks real bad. Hope it ends up being better.
Was it this one?

It can't be that bad from where I'm sitting.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Iron Fist? Sold

Spider family? Double sold

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Supraman

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hard as a rock for those gifs. Looks incredibly awesome.

Scarlet Waifu
Ironing Fist
Spoder
Cabin Boy

I’m set.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I want to solo this with Thor. Just Thor. No NPCs.

Though, my biggest gripe is making Rocket and Groot one character. It's like making Wolverine and Collosus one character just because of the fastball special.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want costumes too, lots of unlockable costumes.

Awesome, I'll be able to play 4 player with my friends. Finally, I can be the center of gaming!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ThermoPhysical posted:

I want to solo this with Thor. Just Thor. No NPCs.

Though, my biggest gripe is making Rocket and Groot one character. It's like making Wolverine and Collosus one character just because of the fastball special.

it works since separately Groot isn't interesting enough on his own and his shapeshifting aspect got co-opted by Ms Marvel. I'm sad Colossus isn't playable though and neither is Thing (yet) so I guess Hulk/Wolverine will be the default fastball duo, assuming this feature is even in the game?

twistedmentat posted:

I want costumes too, lots of unlockable costumes.

I've seen a lot of videos saying unlockable costumes are in but I've never actually seen any of them, only the reward screens for Rifts telling you about them. MUA had at least 4 per character.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Wait. No Rogue? This is a travesty.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

DLC Inc posted:

I've seen a lot of videos saying unlockable costumes are in but I've never actually seen any of them, only the reward screens for Rifts telling you about them. MUA had at least 4 per character.

They better not cheap out like they did last time and only give each character one phoned-in costume.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

They better not cheap out like they did last time and only give each character one phoned-in costume.

That was Vicarious Visions with Activision. Vicarious isn't touching this one and it's a reboot to the series anyway. They probably should've called it M:UA: The Black Order and dropped the 3 since it's not in the same continuity but eh. :v:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

ICR hypes, destroys, and then abandons games within days of release.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
He DOES buy them though

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

a mysterious cloak posted:

The harbinging consumer of death :(

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I for one, welcome my confirmed death of a game overlord.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hey man, Div2 is still going strong!

On topic though, I have legit been waiting for another MUA game since I finished MUA2

Might wait and get it until my upcoming holiday. I'll need something to do on a 14-hour flight...

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This game got me so excited I decided to replay X-Men Legends. I played for an hour then it broke my Xbox. RIP my Xbox.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

X13Fen posted:

Hey man, Div2 is still going strong!

On topic though, I have legit been waiting for another MUA game since I finished MUA2

Might wait and get it until my upcoming holiday. I'll need something to do on a 14-hour flight...

My friend, I know! It’s still very fun. Just waiting on things to improve is all. :)

And you’ll need THIS for your 14-hour Flight.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

DLC Inc posted:

it works since separately Groot isn't interesting enough on his own and his shapeshifting aspect got co-opted by Ms Marvel. I'm sad Colossus isn't playable though and neither is Thing (yet) so I guess Hulk/Wolverine will be the default fastball duo, assuming this feature is even in the game?

Every character gets a team up move even if it’s just simply elemental buffs. I have seen footage of the fastball special specifically so I assume there will still be some deep cut team up moves.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

a mysterious cloak posted:

Ah come on Destiny 2 and Division 2 are still chugging along

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Sad that the Fantastic Four are DLC, but super pumped we're getting them at all.
Hope that Future Foundation costumes are in and that I can run Reed/Sue/Ben/Peter all in their FF gear as they own. (Sorry, Johnny)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m liking that new camera angle.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DLC Inc posted:

Yea, which was good because it defaulted you to that dumb Ultimate Thor outfit. And yea, don't just give us one alt costume which is some half rear end thing cooked up by the design team.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, which was good because it defaulted you to that dumb Ultimate Thor outfit. And yea, don't just give us one alt costume which is some half rear end thing cooked up by the design team.

I think this is a thing Marvel's doing with their games now. Even the mobile ones. They let Netmarble make their own characters (Captain America - Sharon Rogers), Insomniac got to make their own Spidey Suit as well as multiple others, Crystal Dynamics....uhhh...I dunno. I guess the base suits are something they came up with?

Then you have the base suits in this one. Wolverine's and Spider-Man's come to mind.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad Wolverine actually is in a suit because for most of the old games they just literally made him "dude in a shirt and jeans" for his default or even just a generic uniform with no mask. He has an awesome costume as long as you put mesh detail into it like MUA2 and this game does.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ThermoPhysical posted:

I think this is a thing Marvel's doing with their games now. Even the mobile ones. They let Netmarble make their own characters (Captain America - Sharon Rogers), Insomniac got to make their own Spidey Suit as well as multiple others, Crystal Dynamics....uhhh...I dunno. I guess the base suits are something they came up with?

Then you have the base suits in this one. Wolverine's and Spider-Man's come to mind.

If this has as many costumes as Spider-Man, i'd be super happy.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

If this has as many costumes as Spider-Man, i'd be super happy.

Check your discord PM!!!!

But yes.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

ThermoPhysical posted:

Sort of. I saw the behind-closed-doors demo at E3, and if you know the comics, you can tell where their inspirations were. Cap's outfit is clearly based on the armored suit from a particular writer's run on the Avengers comics, Black Widow's is her usual comics suit with a few MCU-style additions, and Thor's wearing the chain mail from J. Michael Straczynski's run on his comics about 15 years ago. I think the only character who's been shown so far who actually has a Crystal Dynamics original is Iron Man.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How long a game hour wise do you think this will end up being?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Game's still under review embargo, but Famitsu gave M:UA 3 some pretty high scores.

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/07/10/marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-earns-33-40-review-score-from-famitsu/

33/40, or 8/8/9. I don't know exactly how they do things but I'm assuming this is good?