Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Game's still under review embargo, but Famitsu gave M:UA 3 some pretty high scores.

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/07/10/marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-earns-33-40-review-score-from-famitsu/

33/40, or 8/8/9. I don't know exactly how they do things but I'm assuming this is good?

I am quite confident the game will be good, as the formula is hard to mess up. The worst game in the ultimate alliance/xmen legends series is ultimate alliance 2, and its still a fun romp.

Famitsu is an outlet infamous for taking bribes for review scores so its not exactly an outlet I would look to for a review, for good or for ill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

I am quite confident the game will be good, as the formula is hard to mess up. The worst game in the ultimate alliance/xmen legends series is ultimate alliance 2, and its still a fun romp.

Famitsu is an outlet infamous for taking bribes for review scores so its not exactly an outlet I would look to for a review, for good or for ill.

M:UA 2 was fun as hell...maybe I should pop it in the PS3 and play it a little bit...

The story just...wasn't...that great to be honest, but I know the devs tried to make the characters fun, at least. I was around on HeroHQ back when that was a thing and the devs were super active. Glad to see Psylocke finally got in!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Famitsu scores don't mean much, they gave Umbrella Corps a 36/40 and MGSurvive 34/40, they're not a good publication for indication on game quality

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I wouldn't pay attention to famtisu. They're known for giving Japanese games much higher scores (didn't they give ff13 a perfect 40?) than they really should be. They don't have a great review process.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just take it from me the game will be good. You will get to play as Queen of the World Elsa Bloodstone, destroyer of worlds and Carla Danvers, noted funny and cool person.

Famitsu is for the birds. Nightcrawler and future DLC God Colossus are not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The selling point for me with this game is all of the heroes you get to play as. I'm positive MUA3 will be fun, it looks fun and I enjoy action RPGs a lot.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Just take it from me the game will be good. You will get to play as Queen of the World Elsa Bloodstone, destroyer of worlds and Carla Danvers, noted funny and cool person.

Famitsu is for the birds. Nightcrawler and future DLC God Colossus are not.

This endorsement makes me want to cancel my pre-order.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cool goon BowsettesHeel posted this in discord.

22 minutes of delicious gameplay.

https://youtu.be/saiyQq9o0yc

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

post your ultimate team

https://marvelultimatealliance3.nintendo.com/ultimate-team/

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I can't make an all Captain America team?! 0 out of 10.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Last choice was a toughy. I'll start with this, maybe.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Still a little torn but these are my favorite heroes

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Lol i was gonna post that link but legit couldn't figure out who my team was gonna be

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Magento, master of magenta, Horse Rider, Vernon, and a war criminal who has yet to apologize to the state of Israel

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I was gonna go MSP, but gotta color coordinate those VFX

Starring Lord. Strom. Psyfu. Vernon. Yeayhhh. Real answer tho is Psyfu and whatever 3 chars other goons are playing :c00lbutt:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Kinda dunno which one I want to play the most, but I am excited for black panther & wasp

I may swap out Drax for Moon Knight.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Welp, my phone isn’t letting me make this, so my ultimate team is Cap, Spider-Gwen, Ghost Rider, and Venom.

Props to them that we can also make the New Fantastic Four!

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Retrowave Joe posted:

Welp, my phone isn’t letting me make this, so my ultimate team is Cap, Spider-Gwen, Ghost Rider, and Venom.

Props to them that we can also make the New Fantastic Four!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I think this is me right now, at least for the time being as I continue to waffle:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

And Captain Marvel. Were Phoenix an option, she'd replace Thor.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Anyone know if Prime Day bonuses can be used on preorders? Got $10 from Whole Foods' Prime Day promotion and I'd love to use it on this to knock the price down a bit.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is what I chose.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

:britain:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

4 Luke Cage is the only real choice. Or maybe 3 Luke Cage and 1 Deadpool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If Laura or Gabby are dlc I will shove money in my switch for that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

who is Gabby? I would be surprised if X-23 is in the XMen pass but then again idk who else they'd add besides Gambit

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

idk who else they'd add besides Gambit

https://i.imgur.com/0i6jEvh.gifv

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if I had to guess--and assuming Cyke and Piotr are just NPCs--the Xmen pack would be Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, and Jean Grey. Crossing fingers the story content will be XORN or some batshit crazy stuff like Cassandra Nova/Onslaught.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I decided to start with dudes I've cosplayed at one point or another

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

if I had to guess--and assuming Cyke and Piotr are just NPCs--the Xmen pack would be Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, and Jean Grey. Crossing fingers the story content will be XORN or some batshit crazy stuff like Cassandra Nova/Onslaught.

Cyclops and Colossus have battle ai, unlike Jessica Jones, they are base game unlocks like beast.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Thanks man!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DLC Inc posted:

who is Gabby? I would be surprised if X-23 is in the XMen pass but then again idk who else they'd add besides Gambit

Gabby is Honey Badger, a young clone of X-23 who can't feel pain. She's like if the movie version of X-23 was best friends with Deadpool.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Cyclops and Colossus have battle ai, unlike Jessica Jones, they are base game unlocks like beast.

I want this to be true.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gavok posted:

Gabby is Honey Badger, a young clone of X-23 who can't feel pain. She's like if the movie version of X-23 was best friends with Deadpool.

why do they keep giving Wolverine weird clone daughters when he has a perfectly good psycho son in Daken

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

I want this to be true.

I refuse to believe they cut Scott or made him dlc.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

We're gettin the gang back together

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

I refuse to believe they cut Scott or made him dlc.

How has Marvel been treating him in the comics lately? I think they're trying to make this mirror the comics as to who's popular and who's not.

I mean...Elsa? She showed up in Monsters Unleashed. Then there's Crystal...the lone Inhuman.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

DLC Inc posted:

why do they keep giving Wolverine weird clone daughters when he has a perfectly good psycho son in Daken

Because Gabby is wonderful. And her interactions with Daken are actually strangely charming. She’s the most socially well adjusted of the Wolverine family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Gavok posted:

A clone of a clone? That's a start, but there also needs to be time travel involved somehow.