Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

if I had to guess--and assuming Cyke and Piotr are just NPCs--the Xmen pack would be Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, and Jean Grey. Crossing fingers the story content will be XORN or some batshit crazy stuff like Cassandra Nova/Onslaught.
I assume to make the packs slightly cheaper to make the X-men pack will have Cyclops and Colossus and the Knights pack will have Jessica Jones if they're not in the base game.

Just like Team Ninja's Fire Emblem Warriors had DLC of NPCs from the base game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

How was the DLC for that anyway? Pretty decent for the price? The only recent DLC I've gotten is Spider-Man PS4 and the costumes were good but the story was really, really hard.
I actually didn’t get it. I did for hyrule Warriors and if it’s at all the same it was a lot. I don’t think it was possible to actually beat the hyrule warriors game and dlc. There were so many maps/challenges added.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Looks like previews will be up tomorrow and reviews will be up Thursday.

Also, there should be a day 1 patch on Friday, but you'll get the patch today if you preordered the digital version.

I loved her powers too. It wasn't Psylocke but it was still good. One of the Vicarious Vision developers REALLY wanted Psylocke in and even made a mock-up M:UA 2 Gold Edition cover for if they ever made one with Psylocke front and center. I wish I saved that because it was really cool.
What are you talking about? Psylocke was DLC for MUA2 and totally in the game (just not base). It was an x-men heavy dlc including Cable and Magneto.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

More Datamined spoilers:

There are more costumes found data mined which also say EV - could that be event?

Other characters possible from datamines are apparently: Medusa, Blackbolt, Valkyrie, Viasion

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Game will be delivered sometime today, but I’m out of town till next Tuesday. Excited to play when I get it though.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Update came out. Briefly played through it. There is gauntlet mode, which was pretty short and low level. A new nightmare mode which I think is just the regular game mode with vampire enemies? For beating up vampires you get medals which can be sent on all sort of upgrades (ISO-8, AEP points, XP Cubes) or character specific stuff (mainly voice lines and a few costumes). The costumes/characters are the stand out part. I also ready the level cap is raised, but I wasn't close to the old level cap so doesn't really affect me.

Costumes, which also have an additional recolor:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cams posted:

given that iso stuff is the only real "loot" system in the game, just letting you delete more than 10 at a time would go a long way for quality of life.

level cap going up, new characters (hadn't messed with cyke or colossus yet) and an infinite survival mode are enough to give me tons of new gameplay hours, but lack of any new story content, and thus new enemies/maps to play on, are a real bummer.
I agree. Wanted new enemies/bosses. Did the first five gauntlets to unlock the new characters. I think I fought Elektra three times?

Most levels are chill and easy to play while listening to podcasts, which is what I will predominately do I guess.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

Picked this game back up to check out the DLC. It’s a little obtuse to actually unlock them, but drat Blade is awesome. Gauntlet mode is pretty fun, it’s a great pick up and play mode. And I still have to unlock Loki & Thanos...
Higher level gauntlet’s take too much loading time for me, because you have to load between each level. I like the idea of them though. The higher level ones give alt costumes for the unlocked characters. I like these costumes better, they’re still recolors, but more effort went in to them. The blade and moon knight costumes are great.

I just unlocked Thanos actually, mainly so I could unlock the Planet Hulk costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm still struggling to get Cyke and Colossus...should I just beat the main game first?
I think I was about 3/4 through the game? Colossus’s mission is weirdly hard (especially three starring it for the symbiote suit). What level are your characters? Level is pretty important. If you can’t get it I’m free later tonight and can help out in the mission. They’re my favorite two characters in the game so far.