Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I'm having a good time with this game. I like to pick it up when I'm cooking something that takes a while, clear an old level and get some xp for characters that are lagging behind.

I'm not really getting the combo playstyle, though I understand synergy attacks and extreme attacks. Any tips would be appreciated, but I get along just fine.

Characters without flying seem like a waste. It's much easier to fly around to dodge stuff than it is to time dodge correctly. It seems anything can lock me down for three or four hits before I can dodge or jump out, and I'm not even into chapter two yet. Also I am always on the move so I hardly ever straight up block attacks.

Overall fun game and I like it and I think I'll do a slow burn which should keep things interesting.

Favorite characters to play as so far are: Crystal (like whoa), Scarlet Witch, Capt. Marvel, Starlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I figured out the stagger/stun thing with synergy attacks and the game is immensely more fun, and I was already having a good time with it. Just beat Ultron and will go back and level some characters in Infinity or something. I don't like moving forward with only 3-4 characters at current level.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I've been running with a 4-Spiderman squad to power-level him and he's up to 54 now which is great. Did they patch this yet? I see that I have an update but I haven't downloaded yet just in case.

I'll probably power-level the other solo rift characters too.

e: Looks like they did fix the dupe glitch. Good to know. Not downloading that! https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46853/p/897

TheDK fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 3, 2019

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Midniter posted:

Most of the people in this thread know this, but for anyone who just picked it up or hasn't mastered the game, this is how you play:

(keep in mind this refers specifically to brutes with a stagger bar and bosses; peons with normal red health bars may be disposed of as you please)

1: mash heavy attack until stagger bar is depleted, while rolling to avoid damage from the enemy in between your own attacks
2: once stagger bar is depleted, immediately trigger a synergy attack to stun the enemy
3: use your highest DPS ability/synergy/EX until enemy is no longer stunned
4: rinse, repeat

It sounds simple but some of the more challenging fights turn into a kind of bullet hell where you're rolling a lot more than you're attacking. During combat, I really don't move with the left stick and almost exclusively roll. The invincibility frames during the roll will largely keep you from getting whacked by an unexpected attack/charge/explosive from an enemy.

Personally, I never ever use the guard move, where you sit still and still take chip damage.

I'm halfway through Ultimate difficulty and still having a blast with this game.

Yup this is a good explanation. One thing to add is for point #2, you can trigger a synergy attack when the stagger bar is almost depleted and you can stagger/stun in one attack. A little more risky because you might not empty the stagger bar all the way but when it works it is very nice.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Whoa I don't know who/what Visage is but that looks cool