Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I guess Spider-Man PS4 has just spoiled me on the concept of alternate outfits but everything just being palette swaps is incredibly disappointing.

e: jfc Corvus Glaive is a sonofabitch. Took me like 9 tries to beat him

e2: I tried the Spider-Man glitch after seeing people post about it here but unfortunately I think the last patch took it out.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PureRok posted:

It's never crashed for me.

:same:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

teh_Broseph posted:

:thejoke:

For me all boss fights are basically boiling down to

1) Pick character with a good A stagger move
2) Dodge an attack
3) Either heavy or light string cancel into A stagger special (not synergy version or it burns all your mana)
4) After stagger, use synergy move to stun
5) Switch chars and loop light string into A damage special until stun wears off
6) Switch back to char with good stagger move, repeat
7) As EX meter is up, use all of them when the boss's stagger gauge is at like 10%

For the most part just ignore adds and stuff and just focus on going ham on the boss

e: On bosses especially, and really in general I mostly just use synergy attacks to trigger stun, otherwise it's easy to burn through mana too fast

Hot boss strats:

1) Pick Ms. Marvel
2) spin kick forever

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chazani posted:

I'm looking for couch co-op that is good for short plays, like 30-45 minutes sessions max.

Diablo has been our main game for this, but we need a new game now. Basic idea of MUA seems fitting, punch people, get rich.

Would we get any meaningful progress in this game in short bursts?

Oh yeah. Couch co-op is the way to go

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ElegantFugue posted:

Picked this up ages back, never tried it, gave it a shot today and seems fun enough so far. Anything to know before I get too far in? Any characters who are unusably bad/super good; is the dlc worth getting early or wait to clear main story first; what should I beeline for on the hex grid, etc.

Characters don't auto-level to match your active party so at a certain point you're basically gonna have to commit to a party to actually finish the story. Also if you wanna unlock bonus characters I hope you like grinding.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Like, say you don't play as Hulk after he's introduced at level 5 or whatever and then later when everyone's like level 50, you decide "hey I never played as Hulk, he might have some cool moves". Hulk will still be level 5 instead of accumulating XP like the rest of the team (which is how the first 2 mua games did it iirc) so you're just gonna have to go back and redo the whole game again to level him up to match the rest of your team.

Oh and if you're looking for character advice, Ms. Marvel is real good. She's got a spinkick that does decent damage and keeps enemies at distance very effectively.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 3, 2021