Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
We now know the max number of characters in the base game (thanks GameXplain). I'll put it in a quote:

quote:

It's 36. You unlock 32 characters through the story, while Electra, Magneto, and the two we don't know about yet are unlocked through Infinity Trials. There's also a theory going around on who the final two characters are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

Loki has been leaked by the inside box art cover

Combined with the synergy boss for God's and demons the conclusion is Thanos

Yeah, that's how the theory goes, and Loki backs it up pretty well.

(And that means the two villains I most wanted to be playable in the base game are likely both playable in the base game.)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

And now (Final MUA3 character spoilers!) Thanos has been leaked as our final playable character.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Lucas Cage, I’m coming home!

You'll be pleased to know he's an early joiner.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Woozy posted:

Is there any reason to not immediately rank up skills? I saw they took some special currency but it didn't seem very rare.

Saving some for heroes later down the line if you like them more. Unless you're doing Infinity Trials, upgrading abilities to their highest points takes about 12 orbs for each hero which doesn't seem high but can rack up fast if you're just upgrading heroes willy nilly.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Question for those that have played through the entire game: is it possible to beat the main story mode using pretty much anyone, or does the game require you to use the 'best' characters in the game?

I'm having a lot of fun playing as Star Lord, but I've played similar games where I picked a character that seemed fun but half-way through the game I'll need certain characters to progress and I'll need to replace my leveled up squad with someone with a skillset the game decided was more important.

Good news for you; Star Lord's toolset makes him one of few characters who are able to use synergy attacks by himself through his whirlwind ability, and whirlwinds have some of the nicest Synergy Attacks in the entire game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Seedge posted:

I may have missed it in the thread, but when I find a rift in story mode, do I need to go into it to add it to the Infinity Trials screen? I'd rather not disrupt the flow of the main game if I can avoid it.

No. You just need to see what it is.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Scylo posted:

I know this makes sense because his heavy is just throwing his liquid stuff at them but he's a giant muscular thing with Super Strength and anything other than Strength just seems wrong to me

This is useful though because last night I was certain Psylocke was mastery and gave her my +500 mastery ISO-8 but I guess I need to chuck on a strength one now as well just to help out the basic attacks a little

One of his skills keys of Mastery as well.

On another note, unlocked Loki and cleared Mighty difficulty yesterday. Now to level him up to use him in my main team.

Oh, and on Dr. Strange, it was weird using him, but his light and heavy attacks (and Flames of Faltine) is what I use for bosses.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Anybody tried playing on Superior difficulty yet? Does anything change besides the level scaling?

New Infinity Rifts for the Lambda Trials and a lesser amount of treasures (though they come with better rewards).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Wanderer posted:

So what would you do about team composition in MUA3? One brick (Thor, Hulk, Cage, etc.), one long-range caster, one melee damage dealer, and one wildcard spot?

I'm a little irritated that you never really seem to get a high-level brick as you go the way you do with every other big group role. My Luke Cage has ended up higher-level than everyone else because I stuck with him through Shadowland and Dark Dimension, which means he's still lagging behind characters I just picked up.

Durable tanks with good charging staggers and an AoE (Hulk, Thor, Venom, etc.) seem to be the most useful to have more of, but including one DPS with good synergy for your team and one crowd-controller should also be beneficial. Or you could get a support.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Thanos get! Now I finally have my dream team assembled!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

RatHat posted:

Did anyone else find the final boss of Asgard to be hilariously easy or am I overleveled/Ms Marvel is too strong?

Also I thought Magneto was going to complicated to gear but turns out you just spam heavy attack so I geared for that.

No, I managed it with Thor, Dr. Strange, Venom, and Ghost Rider and it was still pretty easy.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Did you use one team for the challenges? And what level/who was on your final team to beat Thanos’ challenge?

Thor, Dr. Strange, Loki, and Venom. Not too bad, but not too good against the Thanos Challenge considering I was overleveled (and used XP Cubes to replenish health at some point during the match). Also had to get through Deadpool and Star-Lord's Solo Challenges which wasn't too bad, though both made me work for it. Deadpool's is a solo fight against Juggernaut, and Star-Lord needs to solo the Thanos fight. Thank God one of the challenges work good for leveling people up to the 60s-70s range.

I probably would have fared better if I swapped out Dr. Strange for another durable, high-damaging stagger hero, like Hulk.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

PeePot posted:

Just realised how similar it is to the bosses in Hyrule Warriors. I thought that mechanic was everyone's biggest complaint, and why they made it easier for the Switch version.

They only made it easier for one particular boss. Everything else remains the same. (Unless you're playing the 3DS version in which case they were in fact made easier in general.)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

jerry seinfel posted:

Really they should just make it let you do custom colors so I can have hot pink Vernon as god intended rather than navy haha what the gently caress ??

From what I've heard, navy Venom is actually something in the comics so that recolor actually has a purpose behind it.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

We now have a tier list based around lv. 100 characters doing the most difficult fights (boss fights, primarily).

https://imgur.com/HBktNDP

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

RatHat posted:

Looks like nearly every npc and boss in the game has full battle sounds recorded(including emotes) except for Blackbolt, Medusa, Valkyrie, and Cosmo. These are probably for if they ever decide to make these characters playable in the future, and most will probably never see the light of day, but it gives me hope for post release content beyond the announced DLC packs.

If I can get Sandman, Electro, Mysterio, and Kingpin, I would be so happy.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

With the ability to upgrade your abilities a fifth time, Thor is basically the God he was always supposed to be now. Highly damaging beam move that buffs him and others for a while, extremely good staggering thanks to his charge move, light attacks, and heavy attack, and good AoE CC with his throwing move, applies what is hands down the best status effect available on the hero side, and when he's buffed with it he can apply it with every attack and move he has. In addition, for damage-boosting, he only needs ISOs that boost the damage off of and focus on the Shock attribute since all of his abilities have it and his ability to self-buff with it grants him the attribute for his normal attacks too, meaning he's a hybrid character who eliminates the need to boost multiple things at once. And of course, he has useful synergy properties for every move in his arsenal and can put them to use with other good characters (and some not-so-good ones too).

He can essentially do almost anything you want to do.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

On the MUA3 Discord, it seems Daredevil might be a better Ms. Marvel. He comes with a barrage move, a spin2win, and his debuff on top of being buffable with any of the three elements (meaning he can be buffed with Shock).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

LOL! If you won the lottery and scored perfect double Shock Ability damage boost rainbow ISOs, Thor would out-DPS everyone else.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Holy poo poo! Captain Marvel looks so good... I'm definitely using that over her default look.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Here's some thoughts on Colossus and Cyclops: Colossus is really strong as long as there are trash mobs around, but since two of his skills are greatly buffed by being able to grab enemies, he seems to suffer in any encounter without those. His heavy attack is really slow.

Cyclops is more fun than he has any right to be. He's fast and he has a good spread of abilities. His fourth special, the Ricochet Beam, might actually be his best one despite not having a Synergy attribute. His first special, Optic Blast, uses so little energy that he can do the Synergy thing with Captain America and bounce the beam off his defensive special for a very, very long time.

Sounds a bit like Thanos's beam to be honest.

But yeah, Cyclops and Collossus are cool.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

If Wakanda is giving you trouble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FLi9hYUO6g

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Fritzler posted:

Update came out. Briefly played through it. There is gauntlet mode, which was pretty short and low level. A new nightmare mode which I think is just the regular game mode with vampire enemies? For beating up vampires you get medals which can be sent on all sort of upgrades (ISO-8, AEP points, XP Cubes) or character specific stuff (mainly voice lines and a few costumes). The costumes/characters are the stand out part. I also ready the level cap is raised, but I wasn't close to the old level cap so doesn't really affect me.

Costumes, which also have an additional recolor:

The previous "actual" costumes (Planet Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and Symbiote Spiderman) can also get alternate recolors with this update.

So every character with an alt also gets a recolor for that alt now.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

What’s the best rift for power-leveling?

The Wakanda Rush rift in the Omega Infinity Rifts. Alternatively, the Wakanda Wave rift in the same Rift also works(and is the better one for ISO-8 farming) though you need to find Ultimate's Shadowlands Rift first.

Also, Morbius seems like a beast for dealing with strong enemies and bosses: His DPS move has the Barrage synergy trait which has important synergies with a lot of things, he has a stagger move that also restores his HP, and he has a debuff like Daredevil, though it hits in a cone in front of him. His biggest weakness is probably that he lacks an ability for dealing with groups of enemies.

Actually, I think the DLC characters in general seem to be more specialized within their fields compared to the other characters. Cyclops is basically pure Mastery-based DPS with good range, both single-target and AoE, and Collossus is a tank with good AoE, stagger damage, and damage soak.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Finally got the last ISO-8 slot, now that I've begun to do some serious grinding. Also, it's amazing to see Thor with 10,000+ in every stat except Energy, and I haven't even gotten him to Lv. 150 yet. :allears: He's come a long way from his earlygame troubles.

Also getting choice characters I like to Lv. 100 to max out their abilities.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

100%ed the Lambda Rift so I now have Thanos's recolor (which I wanted since I think it looks cooler).

Boy was it cathartic to go back to the Black Order mission with Lv. 150 characters (and one Lv. 127 character) with relatively specced out ISO-8s and just curbstomp the entire Black Order after the nightmare that was the first time (when I was going for Thanos himself).

Next, I'll be getting maxing out the ISOs I need to do XP grinding (only need one more Team XP ISO) and Rainbow ISO farming (I have all the Rainbow ISO chance ISOs + Higher Quality ISOs I need, but I need more white ISOs to fully max them out).

EDIT: Oh yeah, for all you Rocket & Groot players, an MUA3 player named Daz has made a guide for them since they're turning out to be an extremely good choice for a DPSer (and could possibly be a Top 5 character overall) in advanced play: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iiCISDWNwbfql3h7ki9Op2aoGyHP1HZjS6na7kFq1Pw/edit

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 13, 2019

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

16 loving costumes! Basically all the X-Men + the Midnight Sons + the Marvel Knights characters.

Characters are Cable, Iceman, Gambit, and Phoenix. Unsurprisingly, the Fantastic Four pack seems to be the pack that will introduce 5 characters. They seem to do mostly heroes + one character who will be the antagonist of the pack's Gauntlet storyline, but who would also be someone who would join the team. (Blade, Punisher, and Moon Knight are the heroes for the Marvel Knights pack while Morbius is the antagonist. For the X-Men pack, the heroes are Cable, Iceman, and Gambit, while the antagonist is Phoenix.)

And since Fantastic Four pack is called Shadow of Doom, we're practically expecting all of the Fantastic Four + Dr. Doom as playables for that pack. The Fantastic Four are basically all heroes, so Dr. Doom is primed to take the spot for the pack's antagonist.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Costumes coming with the new update:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1209156944910405635?s=21

I knew in my heart that the Moon Knight alt wasn’t going to be his suit look because they let him glide using his cape, but I was still really hoping

His alt's alt color though... holy hell is that one amazing...

Anyways, it's out. Much like in Curse of the Vampire, you unlock the new characters through the first part of the new Gauntlets. Iceman comes first, then Gambit and Cable, and finally Phoenix.

Iceman seems to be a specialized hybrid, being all about his ice attacks. He has good damage and a buff that applies ice and damage reduction to himself and others but lacks ways to stagger.

Gambit and Cable are long-range attackers with crowd-control aspects. Gambit's Explosives-synergy attacks only blow up when it's synergized with, either by Gambit himself or an ally. Cable can lay down turrets and has a shield which he can use to synergize with said turret.

Phoenix is support. Her Extreme Attack can revive downed teammates and puts a self-buff on her that revives her when she gets downed, and she gets a field that deals DoT and absorbs said damage as EP for herself and her teammates. These two things are the main reason to use her since her other abilities are unimpressive and I have heard she's extremely squishy without good damage resist ISOs. At least she can stagger well if you need a staggerer on your team since she packs the traditional attack for that (a charge attack).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I started tackling X-Men Gauntlets to get the new DLC characters' alt colors, and my team of Phoenix, Ms. Marvel, Magneto, and Cyclops ran into a brick wall on the level 160 one. I looked up a video of someone completing the level 180 gauntlet and saw Colossus doing work, so I quickly ground him and Wasp (she has amazing synergy with Ms. Marvel's spin-to-win kick and is pretty good besides that) up to 200. Turns out Colossus is basically amazing and him being a big ball of survivability let me clear the level 160 gauntlet and then first try the level 180 gauntlet for the red Phoenix color.

Now I get to do that Danger Room nonsense a bunch for those new alt costumes.

If you do Delta Danger Room, you get 10 points if you win, and 5 points if you lose so long as you're playing against other people. If it's against the CPU, Delta Danger Room awards 5 points for a win and nothing for a loss.

Since each tier needs 5 points to unlock, that means you could at best make do with 15 plays or 30 plays at your worst if you're playing against humans.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Fumaofthelake posted:

The rewards for Danger Room are way too low for how long they take. It sorta balances now while the event tiers are up but once there are no special reward tiers left it’s going to be reallllllll too low

Ironically, I think Danger Room is also the best way to farm SHIELD Tokens right now because it takes less time than the Gauntlets.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

To no one's surprise, but to many's excitement regardless, Dr. Doom is coming:
https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1221794991762096129

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh yesss:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1230160114423869440?s=09

Incidentally, with March 26 as the release date, we've basically had every major DLC Pack out every third month or so.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Defenders (& Deadpool): https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1240669745545801730
Avengers (& Crystal): https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1241031777189105664
Guardians of the Galaxy (& Thanos): https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1241472493925228544

The Defenders and GoTG (& Deadpool and Thanos) look amazing holy crap!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

They're doing daily reveals so there should be another set of costumes revealed this evening, too. And yeah, those costumes are all pretty great besides maybe Falcon's being boring.

We are already done with every character that was in the base game (thanks to GoTG + Thanos being shown last night). That means the only ones left are the season pass DLC X-Men.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Gambit is now in Smash.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh my:

https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1242119421432217600?s=20

New boss fights y'all.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

That is a bad rear end looking Celestial.

Another note: The Celestial looks eerily similiar to one of the Celestials depicted on the Murals detailing the Infinity Armor on Wakanda. That might be a big clue to what this pack will give us!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I think we got Dr. Doom's boss render guys:
https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1242482053540483074?s=20

EDIT:
Shadow of Doom patch notes holy poo poo:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MAU3/comments/fodi0g/patch_notes_story_mode_and_extra_iso_slots/

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh, the Fantastic Four characters also come with the possibility of getting their alts:
https://twitter.com/MarvelGames/status/1242843831218794496?s=20

And surprising absolutely no one, Dr. Doom himself is the fifth Fantastic Four DLC character.