Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

DLC Inc posted:

I remember Scarlet Witch/Dr Strange were OP as gently caress in Xmen Legends 2/MUA due to abilities that had a percentage chance to just turn enemies into a crate lol. I hope one of them has that as their ultimate attack.

It was just their basic projectile attack, wasn’t it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

^burtle posted:

A 10 hour jaunt is about right considering you're gonna push through with multiple characters and multiple teams. No way I'd touch even half the roster if each run was 50 hours.

That, plus playing through on higher difficulties.

Have they said whether the DLC will include additional content beyond the characters? I.e. new levels, etc.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

bushisms.txt posted:

I'm only playing in handheld and loving despite not being a fan of the movies. The combat is great so far, really liking the feel of drax and star Lord. Can't get a feel for groot and rocket, rockets attack is supposed to be light, but has a delay unless it's comboed into from heavy groot attacks. Music is dutiful and a bit more catchy than the movies so far.

You can use Rocket and Groot’s attacks simultaneously. I hold down the gun button with one finger and mash Groot’s melee attack button with the other. I almost feel like an arcade stick would be good for this game.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

I said come in! posted:

How will you level up if at all, characters in the end game content? What if you have characters you never touched during the campaign that you then want to use? Will they be useless now because they are too low level?

You also get XP-raising items as rewards, in crates, etc.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
This game is loving awesome, a worthy successor. Played through the game to the end of Xavier School, with two buddies last night. The controls and abilities take a lot of getting used to, along with simply learning how your characters work. Once every player is savvy, the game really clicks and is extremely fun and rewarding.

There are definitely some moments with the camera where you’re like... what were they thinking?! But I think a lot of it has to do with how multiplayer works- you really need to stay toward the center of the screen. The new player who can barely keep track of his character is the one getting stuck at the edge of the screen because they’re going the wrong way, or attacking a dead enemy, or whatever, and then the camera hamstrings itself trying to keep everyone in frame. I have a feeling that playing console-to-console local multiplayer will become the ideal method of MP. Although I will say, once we all kinda realized this (and got better at the game) we stopped having problems with the camera.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Empress Brosephine posted:

Handheld mode is total barf city in looks otherwise game is ok. It definitely plays like a musou game than a MUA game to me but I don’t know if others agree.

It’s more of a classic arcade beat ‘em up, IMO.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Anybody make it up to (area after Xavier’s school) Dark Dimension yet? This boss fight against Dr. Strange is where me and my buddy hit a wall last night. Not sure if my characters are underpowered or something. I’ve been switching around a fair amount and haven’t done any of the rift crystalsInfinity Trials.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
^^^ Yeah, you can definitely feel the Capcom Marvel influence.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Same. We gave it 5 goes and even lowered the difficulty down. Mind you, we’ve been switching up characters a LOT....so not everyone has a great lvl.

After the halfway mark and those summons it all goes downhill.

The thing I couldn’t figure out is whether you’re supposed to kill the orbs a certain way or something. Or if it’s better to just ignore them and focus on the boss.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Are there any other pre-order bonus costumes besides X-Chef Deadpool?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

ThermoPhysical posted:

GameStop had a poster and Nintendo gave.... something. I forgot.

The Deadpool thing isn't really pre-order bonus though. It's just what happens when you pay for the pack, like Smash Bros' pack.

I pre-ordered directly on the eshop and purchased the DLC pass too. I had Deadpool unlocked from the start, along with his chef costume. Was mainly wondering if there were any other costumes to look out for.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
This game desperately needs a Danger Room training mode. I suppose the challenge rifts could be used for that.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
My final team is looking like it’s gonna be Wolverine, Cap, Ms. Marvel, and Storm. Storm is unbelievably powerful in this game.
It’s too bad Scarlet Witch seems to have almost zero synergy- she was on my squad until Wakanda.

For freeLC characters, I’m hoping they gradually add most of the NPCs as playable. In addition to Cyclops and Colossus, I would think:
-Nebula
-Juggernaut
-Beast
-Vision
-Ant-Man
-Valkyrie
-Thane
-Fury
-Medusa
-basically every character that helps you out along the way, as well as the popular villains who are sometimes anti-heroes.

I think the paid DLC packs will be unseen characters, as evidenced by the recently revealed Marvel Knights pack: Blade, Moon Knight, Morbius, Punisher.

So, with all that in mind, my hopes for the X-pack:
-Magik
-Archangel
-Cable
-Jubilee
-some leftfield pick like Douglock, Armor, Spiral, etc.

One more side observation: weird that War Machine is not in the game at all.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

FordCQC posted:

In multiplayer, if someone's character gets knocked out, can you pick them back up? I was thinking about getting this to play with my kids but if they get knocked out in a fight and have to just sit there while I slog through, they'll get bored fast.

How old are the kids? If they’re under 8 I might put it on Easy. The game gets pretty hard in some parts and the camera is pretty bad in some parts, with local multiplayer. It says a lot about the game that everyone is still playing it despite the atrocious camera.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

omnibobb posted:

Took a quick look and didn't see this asked, apologies if it was already...

What controllers can I use for this? Will the Joycons and my Pro get me three players?

You can play with a single joy-con. I haven’t tried it, but on the control options screen it seemed like all they had to do was remove camera controls and make character switching use the analog stick click.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Anybody tried playing on Superior difficulty yet? Does anything change besides the level scaling?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

bushisms.txt posted:

The real winner in this game is Ms. Marvel. I doubt many knew her, I knew of her, but just that she was muslim Captain marvel or something. But now I want any and all media of her. She's really dope.

Yeah they really did an awesome job with her, from animation to voice acting to gameplay. I’m definitely a fan of the character now.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Folt The Bolt posted:

Thanos get! Now I finally have my dream team assembled!

Did you use one team for the challenges? And what level/who was on your final team to beat Thanos’ challenge?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Empress Brosephine posted:

This game is real bad and I regret buying it. Feels like a ps2 movie tie in game

Were you even old enough to talk when PS2 games were coming out?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Cyclops has every right to be fun as hell.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Picked this game back up to check out the DLC. It’s a little obtuse to actually unlock them, but drat Blade is awesome. Gauntlet mode is pretty fun, it’s a great pick up and play mode. And I still have to unlock Loki & Thanos...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
What’s the best rift for power-leveling?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Folt The Bolt posted:

The Wakanda Rush rift in the Omega Infinity Rifts. Alternatively, the Wakanda Wave rift in the same Rift also works(and is the better one for ISO-8 farming) though you need to find Ultimate's Shadowlands Rift first.

Also, Morbius seems like a beast for dealing with strong enemies and bosses: His DPS move has the Barrage synergy trait which has important synergies with a lot of things, he has a stagger move that also restores his HP, and he has a debuff like Daredevil, though it hits in a cone in front of him. His biggest weakness is probably that he lacks an ability for dealing with groups of enemies.

Actually, I think the DLC characters in general seem to be more specialized within their fields compared to the other characters. Cyclops is basically pure Mastery-based DPS with good range, both single-target and AoE, and Collossus is a tank with good AoE, stagger damage, and damage soak.

Guess I need to finally beat the game on Superior, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Morbius & Iron Fist (white costume) make such a beautiful duo. Dr. Strange fits in as well– we just need a fourth collar-poppin’ character. Playable Vision when??

An Avengers character pack would be nice. Vision, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, War Machine...