Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Thanks for the thread. This game is gonna be so good.

Also Cyclops and beast are probably unlocks, since the characters are tied to the story. The gameplay we've seen even leads to the potential moments right before they would be unlocked since they have battle AI and proper intros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Sea Lily posted:

when are they adding squirrel girl

Thanos is in, there's a slight chance she finishes the fight.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The same dev team did the hyrule warriors game which has dozens of hours of stuff to do with a dlc that tripled that for the same price point as the mua3 announced dlc.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

After you complete the storyline, what will there be for post-game content?

The infinity trials are similar to the adventure mode from Hyrule warriors, where missions are on a grid and completing one opens others on the grid like minesweeper depending on what objectives you complete in said mission. This is how you unlock characters, skins and presumably collectibles like art.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

How is Team Ninja as a dev? Are they good or better than Ravensoft and Vicarious Visions at least?

They are currently working on nioh2 and nioh 1 is considered one of the better souls variations and arguably better in the combat.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

I saw a commercial for this game and it looks real bad. Hope it ends up being better.
Was it this one?

It can't be that bad from where I'm sitting.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Lol i was gonna post that link but legit couldn't figure out who my team was gonna be

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

if I had to guess--and assuming Cyke and Piotr are just NPCs--the Xmen pack would be Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, and Jean Grey. Crossing fingers the story content will be XORN or some batshit crazy stuff like Cassandra Nova/Onslaught.

Cyclops and Colossus have battle ai, unlike Jessica Jones, they are base game unlocks like beast.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

I want this to be true.

I refuse to believe they cut Scott or made him dlc.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

. Then there's Crystal...the lone Inhuman.

We've already seen Black bolt "speak" in the game, he might be playable too

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Less than a week, mutie lovers!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The comments section is full of crazy people wringing their hands at DLC

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Since this is a Nintendo game, I wonder how they use the HD rumble. Imagine feeling webbing like ARMS.

Feenix posted:

I can buy the season pass after I get the game right? Like, make sure I like it enough to invest further?

No. You must buy the DLC today or be banned.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Shindragon posted:

Pretty much rolling with this crew. Black Panther was OP as poo poo in MUA2, wonder if he'll still be or they will nerf him.

This kind of what my crew looks like, but I'd swap Wolverine out for Cyclops\Storm\Wanda. I really want Phoenix in this though. That xmen pack needs to be Gambit, Rogue, Jean, Iceman and Omega red for playable villain.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm thinking juggs is gonna be playable like venom already, since there's a specific villain synergy and venom isn't a part of it but magneto is.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

NoMas posted:

this game looks atrocious compared to Marvel Heroes

And then you stretch marvel heroes to a decent resolution

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

^burtle posted:

A 10 hour jaunt is about right considering you're gonna push through with multiple characters and multiple teams. No way I'd touch even half the roster if each run was 50 hours.

Pretty much. It's about dream teams playing together. The campaign is just an excuse.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

A reviewer is posting tid bits on ERA

quote:

I just got to the part of the game when you can modify and upgrade ISO-8. Seems like this stuff is going to be the meat of the character progression and customization. You can modify each piece with materials and currency and also upgrade by feeding ISO-8 to other ISO-8 shards. Some of this looks VERY expensive. I've seen some that require 1,000,000 credits.

So they expect you to keep playing

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

Where's that posted at?

reset era

The reviewer is currently in the linked discord in that thread talking the game

Quick summary, he thinks they showed too much but doesn't know where he's at in the story, just finished xmanor. Implies the unlockable characters can be guessed by seeing old footage. Wasn't a fan of the hero camera at first but now switches depending on the scenario. The infinite trials are real hard. There's 5 save spots so you can run multiple characters since xp cubes are semi rare and you won't be able to level everyone up in a single run. Diablo (3) is one of their favorite games, but they acknowledge this isn't for every one so don't expect high scores, but if you're in for a marvel beat em up, the game won't disappoint. Not as deep as Diablo, but you'll still put in time.

You can control the banter by pressing L and a face button

Full game being streamed

https://www.twitch.tv/teladrin

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 16, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Welp, semi confirmation of no Cyclops Colossus or beast. Gonna go mourn now.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Didn’t they post the full roster on the website like a month ago? Unless you mean the X-men dlc too.

No the web site doesn't even list characters we know are unlockable like Elektra, so Colossus and cyclops have always had an outside shot.

Edit nevermind she's there now. I dunno

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

https://www.twitch.tv/altairhunter

Another streamer has the game

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Hero camera moves a bit like the hero shot does in the og avenger's movie when switching between characters, you could make some cool little combo clips

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Folt The Bolt posted:

We now know the max number of characters in the base game (thanks GameXplain). I'll put it in a quote:

Loki has been leaked by the inside box art cover

Combined with the synergy boss for God's and demons the conclusion is Thanos

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Okay, a reviewer just responded to a question about game length, saying it took them ~15 hours to finish the campaign.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's a Nintendo published first party game, it'll be out Thursday night 9pst worldwide.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

No it's a first party game. Disney asked nintendo to make the game, then Nintendo contracted team ninja to make it for them. If it's a "2nd" party game so are Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, the last of us and Spider-Man.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

Except the only Nintendo games called first party are usually the ones made by Nintendo themselves. Who made BotW, Smash, and the various Mario main title games?

I don't know anyone who calls Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, TLoU or Spider-Man first party games. Maybe Pokemon though, but not the others.

Smash was made by namco bandai supervised by sora ltd, a group put together just to hire Sakurai. Luigi's Mansion isn't a first party game, yeah ok.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 18, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The icon is really good. A more spaced out version of the box art, maybe a little better than the box art.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 18, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

By the time i get off work, this will have unlocked. Please add sw-3499-6684-7486 for some late night West coast fun.

Fuzz posted:

Sony owns Insomniac, so that last one doesn't really count for your analogy.

They're independent actually, they made Sunset overdrive.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Outside of this thread, I don't know anyone who cares about this game. :(

My former coworker, aps4 owner and comic book nerd, consistently talked about how it was 'fair" the new Spider-Man was exclusive but mua3 isn't because several reasons.

He was broke poet, not a console warrior, but it was still really sad

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I want good combat, no thanks

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm only playing in handheld and loving despite not being a fan of the movies. The combat is great so far, really liking the feel of drax and star Lord. Can't get a feel for groot and rocket, rockets attack is supposed to be light, but has a delay unless it's comboed into from heavy groot attacks. Music is dutiful and a bit more catchy than the movies so far.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I think it's the hero cam, i played an early boss and it kept going under the floor, so I would jump and race to beat up the mook before the camera resettled under the level. I put it on classic and it's been fine so far.

Love that early hulk is a stagger beast

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'll probably join in the goon fun starting next week. Gonna spend the weekend going through the story and figuring out who I like. I'd love to get some dedicated gimmick runs going with goons since you get so many save files.

karma_coma posted:

99% of the time I'm playing my switch undocked - any else? I'm about to buy this I think but would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on that.

I'm only undocked right now, no issues. I'm actually impressed with how clean the ui still looks

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 19, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

RatHat posted:

Also anyone else think Ultron's voice doesn't fit him at all?

At first I was thrown only remembering the Spader version, but in the comics he's a digital evil Tony Stark\pym(?) so it makes sense.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Handheld mode is total barf city in looks otherwise game is ok. It definitely plays like a musou game than a MUA game to me but I don’t know if others agree.
Musuo is a map strategy game with social links. This is just different configurations of arenas you smash in.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Ms. Marvel is really good. My squad right now is her and Luke cage, and I'm waiting for more to unlock before locking down my favorites.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think my biggest knock against the game is that they didn’t even bother with the barest bones of a combo system. I keep on trying to light-light-strong whenever I’m surrounded.
It's weird, it does have one but it's really rigid. Only certain characters have certain links or strings that can be comboed, like Wolverine, star Lord, ms marvel and cage. Not really feeling the spider family low level, too squishy and not outputting enough damage for me.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Pro tip, when playing in hero camera, right stick click targets bosses, but in classic camera, it refocuses the camera in the direction your character is facing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Tomahawk posted:

Wolverine because he has some uppercut ability synergy with Deadpool

They need to add shadowcat and a pvp mode so i can reenact this