Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Is there a quick way to unequip ISO-8 from unselected characters? I keep forgetting to do it when I swap out, and it's annoying to have to change characters, wait a few seconds while backing out, making the change in the ISO-8 menu, and then changing back to my desired party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Does Rocket + Groot ever get better? I ditched him early on because his starter ability with the mines is hard if not impossible to trigger a stun with, but his basic attacks also just don't seem very fun. The light attack gun isn't very satisfying to use, and that mostly leaves Groot's basic combo. I know you can use both at once, but the bullets keep flying off to either side while swinging Groot's arms.

I like the concept of rolling two characters into one, but I always feel like I'd rather be using a dedicated ranged attacker or a dedicated brawler. And there's no shortage of other characters to choose from, but I wonder if I'm just missing something.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Woozy posted:

I wish I knew what was so wrong with XML that required it be systematically hacked to bits for the entirety of the MUA series.

yeah they should really just switch to using JSON

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

So I haven't tried multiplayer yet since I've been going through the campaign solo first, but how does it work when you join somebody else's game? Do you use their characters, or can you bring in one of your own?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

sfmarine7 posted:

So I only just learned that a synergy attack will stun an already staggered enemy and holy poo poo the combat has opened up a ton. I learned this after finishing Mighty difficulty and grinding a handful of trials before starting superior. The combat has much more of a flow to it now. This also coincides with my embracing of a core 4 to run with and I really enjoyed blasting through most of superior today.

I don't know if I overlooked a tutorial explaining that piece or if the game doesn't do a good job of explaining it, but it's key.

... You got through the entire story mode on mighty difficulty without realizing that you can greatly increase the vulnerability window? Holy moly :stare:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

How do you make use of Cap's blocking ability (the second one)? This game seems to be so much about spamming attacks on everything, it seems counter-productive to use an ability that temporary shields the team, particularly when any hard-hitting boss attack is designed to be very telegraphed and avoidable.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

ThermoPhysical posted:

I need to use the Discord more.

Also Scarlet Witch is still best character.

I had her on my team for a while but didn't really directly play as her, but it seems like her lack of synergy moves is a pretty big drawback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Folt The Bolt posted:

EDIT: Oh yeah, for all you Rocket & Groot players, an MUA3 player named Daz has made a guide for them since they're turning out to be an extremely good choice for a DPSer (and could possibly be a Top 5 character overall) in advanced play: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iiCISDWNwbfql3h7ki9Op2aoGyHP1HZjS6na7kFq1Pw/edit

Hell yeah, this is the kind of number-crunching I was hoping for. It's been a long time since I even fired up the game, but I was struggling to make sense of R+G since they play so differently compared to everyone else, and I figured they just needed a different approach.