Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

Besides the cost of probate (which I know can run pretty high at like 2% of the total estate value) what are the other problems people have with it?

I mean I guess paying $20k in legal fees on your $1,000,000 inheritance is kind of annoying, but from the perspective of the dead person :shrug:

Edit: tried to look up the benefits of trusts again and came across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KCzSiGLx8, which makes me think that trusts are mainly about controlling the lives of your beneficiaries and generating fees for "professional trustees". Maybe I would understand if I had kids I guess.

Droo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU