Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
You can get a weekly unlimited metrocard for around $30 per person and never spend another dime on transportation. The subway is your friend, traffic on the street usually sucks really bad. I just keep a PDF of the subway map on my phone. You can get everywhere worth going just by the subway and walking. The routes can be a little confusing so study the map and make sure you're getting on the right train going in the right direction.

Must sees depends on what you're into as the city has so much to offer but I would recommend strolling around Central Park (especially the lower part, cool views of skyscrapers while in a beautifully manicured nature/garden setting), the Highline, Metropolitan Museum of Art (much more than a typical art museum, they have ancient Greek and Egyptian artifacts for example), and if you're into animals the Bronx Zoo is one of the best zoos in the world. The Cloisters is one of my favorite museums, medieval art in a castle on top of a mini mountain you gotta climb in northern Manhattan. Nearby Inwood is a cool neighborhood to explore. The coolest part of Manhattan is generally gonna be between Canal St and 14th St. Protip: avoid Times Square like the plague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU