Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
If you have never been to New York, you should probably see Times Square at least once. It is usually mobbed with people, vendors, street performers, et cetera. Most of these people have no idea how to act/walk on a sidewalk, which makes it an unpleasant experience once you get over the spectacle of it. I would recommend visiting later at night (after 11PM) when the crowds have died down. It can be surprisingly pleasant to sit on the stairs above the tickets booth. Times Square is a major subway hub, so it should be pretty easy to pop in and out if you want; especially if you have an unlimited metrocard.

In a similar vein; if for whatever reason you want to climb the Empire State Building I would recommend doing it after midnight. It is open to 2AM. However there are better observation decks at 1 WTC (timed entry) and 30 Rockefeller Plaza. I also think there will be a new one opening at Hudson Yards which is supposed to be pretty nice.

I second the Cloisters. I believe a ticket also gets you into the Met proper. Unfortunately they now charge admission to non-NY residents. Book online in advance to bypass the lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU