Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's very strange to see people who know enough to dig into the numbers side of that stuff, but then they just lack that extra bit of awareness to know that in cases like this it actually means jack poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
This is essentially an ad anime, as long as the manga sales are good it's fine if the BDs don't sell for poo poo.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's a big improvement over the days when anime adaptations had insane original endings.

Though it did give us the ending to the first version of FMA.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kyte posted:

This is essentially an ad anime, as long as the manga sales are good it's fine if the BDs don't sell for poo poo.

Most anime series are basically 3 month big budget adverts for their respective manga or video game. This is not uncommon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sindai posted:

It's a big improvement over the days when anime adaptations had insane original endings.

Though it did give us the ending to the first version of FMA.

That still happens sometimes. Blood Blockade Battlefront got one for its first season a few years back.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I really want to take this character and art design away, and give it to better writers. This show's become a purely visual thing for me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm glad this show is back

some good-rear end cqc this week, and konrou/beni make a great couple

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make this show about Shinra's breakdancing skills.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sindai posted:

Like the creator's previous work Soul Eater, which has something happen that I think is explicitly laid out as being unable to happen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dawgstar posted:

Like the creator's previous work Soul Eater, which has something happen that I think is explicitly laid out as being unable to happen.

Like the fact that final boss explicitly could not be killed particularly the way he was. In the manga he had to be sealed again. Any other notable ones?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

Like the fact that final boss explicitly could not be killed particularly the way he was. In the manga he had to be sealed again. Any other notable ones?

I was thinking of Maka also being a Weapon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dawgstar posted:

I was thinking of Maka also being a Weapon.

Yep that is another one.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Nothin'?

That was a cour ending quality episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Clitch posted:

Nothin'?

That was a cour ending quality episode.

Oh yeah the episode was pretty grand.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I liked the sounds of Adolla Burst and the look of Shinra’s skeleton feet with ribcages for calves. Also found that scene where Benimaru’s attack was so powerful the moon turned into a shade of copper red.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh yeah the episode was pretty grand.

The last one was too, what with Arthur kneeing a little girl in the face and later Shinra and Arthur deciding the solution to their teamwork problem was just to stay out of each other's way.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The Second Opening is out, and I can definitely say I wasn't expecting that kind of song.

https://youtu.be/CTRgBroKRxE

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's a pretty good Advance Wars song at the start.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oof the animation in this second opening compared to the first

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
No matter what the way Sho fights is going to look Janky.

Anyway meet Licht. We already know from the first few episodes he is shady.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the gag with not throwing the can at Iris is still very good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Oof the animation in this second opening compared to the first

the double edged sword of the first cour having such a huge delay i suppose. still seems pretty snappy at points, i like the goofy song they chose enough to not mind overall

i was gonna say the show really was on top form this ep but forgot we just had that really nice asakusa arc too. so congrats on being just a good show, fire force.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm always a little leery when the opening only has the main character doing anything. Shinra's cool and all but I don't come just for him.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 2, 2019

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

fire force is pretty good at giving the cast stuff to do, don't sweat it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dawgstar posted:

I'm always a little leery when the opening only has the main character doing anything. Sho's cool and all but I don't come just for him.

Sho's the little brother.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

Sho's the little brother.

Yeah, I meant Shinra.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh yeah now looking back the junkyard has tons of junk that is made up of extinct animals. Oh, a vast majority of animals are extinct due to most of the world being burnt to nothingness :smith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's actually an animation mistale in this one that's pretty prominant;

Vulcan sure did get that Elephant head back real fast after it shot off into the distance...

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's actually an animation mistale in this one that's pretty prominant;

Vulcan sure did get that Elephant head back real fast after it shot off into the distance...

It's a homing Elephant obviously. If it can't find it's way back after being accidentally launched it's no good.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Annointed posted:

It's a homing Elephant obviously. If it can't find it's way back after being accidentally launched it's no good.

it never forgets

its target

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Should have just kept the first OP forever, they're never going to top it.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
First OP and ED were both really good and made the playlist. I don't mind the metalcore, but Inferno grew on me in a big way.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sindai posted:

Should have just kept the first OP forever, they're never going to top it.

Also we never did get a fuckoff huge Demon-class Infernal in the first cour :sigh:.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also we never did get a fuckoff huge Demon-class Infernal in the first cour :sigh:.

That should happen this cour.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
This show is really well animated. The sakugablog articles were illuminating.

Honestly though some of the stuff was Nakamura because of all the impact frames but I guess it's just caught on.

The only thing I really dislike is the fanservice. Ho boy it's bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tabletops posted:

The only thing I really dislike is the fanservice. Ho boy it's bad.

I feel bad for Tamaki. It's like 'STOP EVERYTHING HERE IS SHTICK.'

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
Well that certainly answered the question is Giovanni evil?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I pretty much had a huge smile on my face whenever Arthur was on screen this episode.

Also yeah super evil.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 8, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man Giovanni is a dick.

When he hit Vulcan with cane did he keep on going or was he just spinning it around wildly?

Also I love that Arthur is very powerful but he seems to unintentionally handicap himself because he's a moron.