Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Uh...I don't particularly want to google that so would you mind elaborating?

It's Chapter 87 of the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Medusa was a really good villain.

That episode of the anime where she steals a kid's body is really effective horror.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Is this going to be cancelled because of the KyoAni arson?

Please stop asking that, Grouchio.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Joker is voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda, a prolific VA who does slimy, murderously insane jerks as one of his main specialties. He did Fango in 91 Days, Overhaul in My Hero Academia, and Toi's brother Chikai in Sarazanmai. Funnily enough, he's also doing Cop Craft this season, where he's using his usual villain voice for the protagonist, and he also showed up in Soul Eater as the noble and principled but antagonistic Mifune.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

He's very quickly gone from nobody to probably the most recognisable voice in current anime.

Mind you, he does have range - another of his notable roles is Nathan 'Fire Emblem' Seymour from Tiger and Bunny.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think Fango is one of my favourite roles from him. His standard villain voice sounds like he's holding back an ocean of psychotic bloodlust behind a thin mask of civility. Fango is what he sounds like when he isn't bothering with the mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dexo posted:

yeah, I'm generally fine with the idea of having a character who has a quirk of inappropriate fanservice bait character during moments of downtime. The Maid apron gag with Maki's reaction to it happening despite putting the apron over her jumpsuit was funny enough. but in serious moments it's wildly out of place.

But then again I guess that's just how Okubo writes the series in general, where the characters gag quirks interfere and show up within the serious moments all the time.

But only Tamaki's gag quirk is like so utterly ridiculous and gross

It's depressing, because in soul eater and the like Okubo is p good at writing woman characters. It's just man Tamaki's concept is just kinda gross when you want to use these gags in what are otherwise serious moments.

Is there a single female character in this show without some sort of weird baggage?