Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
We know crack cocaine was introduced by the CIA into the black community to break up the Black Panthers, Young Lords and other minority activist groups by addicting members of the community, and creating the conditions for greedy self serving people to become wealthy. Which itself then re-enforces that lifestyle through the music culture, which the executives with links to the political class can pick and choose which music to promote.

Even the Heroin boom in the Grunge scene exploded at the time the Afghanistan government was collapsing and the opium trade was booming as the Warlords took power. Warlords funded by the CIA.

It seems naive to think that the bourgeoisie don't still have their thumbs on the scale to keep those conditions alive. Addicts and drug dealers don't have the time to be politically active. And if it keeps the drug trade booming then the CIA keep making money to fund their off the books activities.

Marenghi has issued a correction as of 21:19 on Mar 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Marenghi posted:

Ice Cube, Chuck D, Nas, Boots Riley, just off the top of my head.

Then going back to Kanye his whole bipolar started while he was being trained by Harley Pasternak, a man some describe as a modern Jolly West.

Obviously I'm not saying 'Jews run the world'. But there's a section of Jewish people at the executive level of Hip-hop, and white Americans too, who have benefited off Black people's music. And have been called out at times by Black musicians who were made a pariah for saying it. Kanye says a lot of stupid stuff due to his mental illness, but that doesn't mean there isn't a kernel of truth in some of it.

And with Diddy's whole thing of sex trafficking and setting cameras in his homes, he seems to have an Epstein type operation going on. And Ron Burkle who was named in the Epstein docs partnered with Diddy early in his career through his fashion label.

Chuck D and Boots I generally agree with; Nas is half on his poo poo and half the time just saying some completely dumb poo poo, and any idea or clear reading of any situation that Ice Cube ever had probably evaporated shortly after recording Burn Hollywood Burn with PE, and was maybe a little suspect to begin with.

The difference is the foundations of what they’re talking about. Chuck D and Boots are both operating from relatively clear-eyed foundations of how society works. Ice Cube and Nas, both rappers I fuckin love, aren’t exactly coming at anything from a coherent worldview in the same way. And both tried and failed that Black Republican thing without having a shred of understanding of the context, and both now probably wish they hadn’t done that.

Kanye had literally all the resources in the world to do whatever he wanted and drove himself loving crazy. Harvey Pasternak is a nobody with no power over where West was. that’s just basic mental illness happening there, not much more for it. The man had and still does have more than enough resources to stop being a loving maniac who will say or do anything for attention, and yet he’s still just what he was when he first got famous. he used to be a generational talent in terms of production, and just talked himself into sucking. his music all sounds unfinished now, and he had the nerve to bite Professor Griff over it; extremely disappointing that he can’t even be hosed to come up with a different minority group to claim controls his life secretly. for fucks sake the Kardashians are Armenian; it was right there.

Puffy is absolutely the tip of some ungodly iceberg though, 100% on that.

selec has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Mar 26, 2024

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
the five pillars of hip hop
1. lyricism
2. graffiti
3. turntablism
4. sex trafficking
5. knowledge of the movement

selec
Sep 6, 2003

the other thing that never gets mentions in this conversation is that no human on earth has ever produced a legit club banger about improving society but it’s easy to tell stories and talk poo poo recklessly over a good beat.

people just don’t want to go to the club and hear about which NGOs to support, Knuck If You Buck blew up for a reason and it wasn’t like there needs to be a cabal at work to convince me that song bangs

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

post hole digger posted:

this rules and im all in :hai:

its such a good interview.
pay close attention to who he's naming and more importantly who he doesn't name when he's talking about who he's down with and it'll tell you a lot about what circles of hip hop are about what

except for that and that Katt Williams interview, you'll never, ever see people in the entertainment industry being real like that it just doesn't happen

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Marenghi posted:

It seems naive to think that the bourgeoisie don't still have their thumbs on the scale to keep those conditions alive. Addicts and drug dealers don't have the time to be politically active. And if it keeps the drug trade booming then the CIA keep making money to fund their off the books activities.

it's also method of money laundering in Atlanta, that's straight up why Atlanta runs the modern hip-hop scene, gangs started putting their money into artists & paying w/ drug money to get their music played at clubs until they start bringing in real income + middle point between gulf, coasts with a big busy airport
that's how older grimeys like jay-z, supreme & the 5%ers behind wu tang, mac dre/thizz entertainment, rapalot entertainment, cash money under birdman, master p & no limit all got started too - they didn't need money, they needed clean income sources, then the music worked out
then BMF with bleu davinci was transparently laundering for big meech & black mafia family

like there's a loooot of criminality around hiphop outside of a few artists &labels always has been, it just isn't in the ways people think, its on the supply side funding tooons of artists

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

selec posted:

The difference is the foundations of what they’re talking about. Chuck D and Boots are both operating from relatively clear-eyed foundations of how society works. Ice Cube and Nas, both rappers I fuckin love, aren’t exactly coming at anything from a coherent worldview in the same way. And both tried and failed that Black Republican thing without having a shred of understanding of the context, and both now probably wish they hadn’t done that.

It's easier to define it when you have an understanding of class conflict.
But you don't get the same airtime when you're singing about bringing out the guillotine and redistributing wealth.

quote:

Kanye had literally all the resources in the world to do whatever he wanted and drove himself loving crazy. Harvey Pasternak is a nobody with no power over where West was. that’s just basic mental illness happening there, not much more for it. The man had and still does have more than enough resources to stop being a loving maniac who will say or do anything for attention, and yet he’s still just what he was when he first got famous. he used to be a generational talent in terms of production, and just talked himself into sucking. his music all sounds unfinished now, and he had the nerve to bite Professor Griff over it; extremely disappointing that he can’t even be hosed to come up with a different minority group to claim controls his life secretly. for fucks sake the Kardashians are Armenian; it was right there.

Harvey Pasternak worked for the Canadian DND and there's clips of him talking about getting to work with drugs through the military that he never would have been allowed in civilian research.
Bipolar usually presents in late adolescence or early childhood. Kanye was late 30s when his showed up and it was Harvey who called it in. Ye apparently started behaving erratically out of the blue during their training session.

quote:

Puffy is absolutely the tip of some ungodly iceberg though, 100% on that.

We're gonna have to wait and see if any of it comes to light.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Marenghi posted:

Ice Cube, Chuck D, Nas, Boots Riley, just off the top of my head.

coup & immortal technique were both very visibly blacklisted & try finding a hip-hop artist or song thats been commercially successful with one line mentioning palestine past about 1995

check out tupacs earliest albums notice how often and how much he's talking about social issues then note the FBI framed him for rape and how to pay bail, he had to sign with death row records where he took the hard turn into gangster mentality that got him killed

juice, lil peep, xxx, all the soundcloud rappers who got signed and were dead before like 21 whole lotta pharmaceutical deaths it's almost like the industry selects for addicts and people with self-destructive behaviors to promote and also gives them the money & power/fame to kill themselves and encourage others to copy the behaviors of their role models

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

lol but ive started to subscribe to the theory that pimp c got offed after trying to squash the beefs in the south and get people to work together+ going on that Atlanta radio station calling people in the industry secret pedophiles
like they said he ODed but he was clean for months before he died and vocal about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88_UwNYvB7o this song in particular and this interview (one of the best interviews ever, extremely pro-watch even if you don't give a gently caress about hip-hop) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiG0kCXSg9o

I'm pages behind but I was about to explode before I saw this - Pimp C got got his death is super suspicious if you bother to listen to his mom and friend who were brought in to view the body. You don't bleed like that OD'ing on lean.

edit:

coup & immortal technique were both very visibly blacklisted & try finding a hip-hop artist or song thats been commercially successful with one line mentioning palestine past about 1995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pypV-JPU1k

Regulus74 has issued a correction as of 22:18 on Mar 26, 2024

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i will recommend the jimmy episode about soundcloud rappers being inducted into satanism before dying

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

selec posted:

the other thing that never gets mentions in this conversation is that no human on earth has ever produced a legit club banger about improving society

does this count

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjG0RVNB-k&pp=ygUQd3ljbGVmIHByZXNpZGVudA%3D%3D

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Guillotine is about improving society by beheading the rich and its a banger

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Dokapon Findom posted:

Found my SimCity 2000 book and was excited to play but GOG only has the lovely dosbox version, not the Windows 95 one :argh:

Looking it up and it is unbelievable how much effort is required to get the good version playing on a modern system :(

once every three years or so I try to get into simcity 4, and fail

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

selec posted:

the other thing that never gets mentions in this conversation is that no human on earth has ever produced a legit club banger about improving society but it’s easy to tell stories and talk poo poo recklessly over a good beat.

:wrong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu-k3-z1pXE

selec
Sep 6, 2003

It's good, but it's not TURN IT UP TIL THE SPEAKER POP I'M LOSING MY FCUKING MIND good. This one's in that same lane, as well as an all-timer video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjSq4HqP9Y

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

selec posted:

people just don’t want to go to the club and hear about which NGOs to support, Knuck If You Buck blew up for a reason and it wasn’t like there needs to be a cabal at work to convince me that song bangs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtxH414tGkA

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

selec posted:

lmfao

selec
Sep 6, 2003

boots riley has great politics but ultimately he's doing dollar store dj quik on a lot of these tracks. that's pretty good--if you're going to be the dollar store version of somebody's beats you could do a loving lot worse.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://x.com/bonzerbarry/status/1762925974469910656?s=20

https://x.com/bonzerbarry/status/1772673951434498201?s=20

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
always coming back to the brits royalty eh? ya know the French had some good ideas about that

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Marenghi posted:

It's easier to define it when you have an understanding of class conflict.
But you don't get the same airtime when you're singing about bringing out the guillotine and redistributing wealth.

Harvey Pasternak worked for the Canadian DND and there's clips of him talking about getting to work with drugs through the military that he never would have been allowed in civilian research.
Bipolar usually presents in late adolescence or early childhood. Kanye was late 30s when his showed up and it was Harvey who called it in. Ye apparently started behaving erratically out of the blue during their training session.

We're gonna have to wait and see if any of it comes to light.

I'm obviously not a doctor, but The College Dropout is absolutely the product of a bipolar mind.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

ummm this is obviously downstream

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

drat i need that potash book

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

selec posted:

Harvey Pasternak is a nobody with no power

lmao

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I have absolutely no idea what any of this is

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Vision4theBlind/status/1764045456303153485?t=xIqL4-tlyYtMSWkBD_qjOQ&s=19

He's right

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 11 days!)

slave to my cravings posted:

the five pillars of hip hop
1. lyricism
2. graffiti
3. turntablism
4. sex trafficking
5. knowledge of the movement

i have thrown away my life for graffiti because i find its uncorruptable purity a rare joy in this stuped fukt up world

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

prince harry lol

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

also yeah obv hip hop isnt exempt from this poo poo. they got the panthers already. this is just dudes rapping what the panthers did at best and i say this as a huge hip hop fan.

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

as we saw with the struggle session over psychedelics- just because its something you like doesnt make it exempt, no point in pretzeling yourself trying to explain it otherwise. even funnier to say "look at kanye" as your example

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Marenghi posted:

Bringing it back to my original point of certain music being amplified by the ruling classes for their own designs. There's a theory the Seattle heroin scene in music was pushed to turn activists into addicts. Seattle had a very active anti-capitalist scene at the time.

Also the thing to point out (for a certain hater itt) is that poor urban black people (and I'm speaking in a broad sense here) didn't wake up one day and decide that they wanted to promote drug culture. The conspiracy theory was that this culture was foisted on them by the same people that foisted the drugs and police on them in the first place.

The Black Panthers, as well as other less-militant black revolutionary organizations actually were able to build a broader cross racial coalition with whites. And as John Ehrlichman said himself, they couldn't outlaw Hippies and blacks, so they outlawed the drugs while simultaneously dumping Crack and Heroin by the planeload on urban populations. This paired with a militarized, counter-revolutionary police enabled the breakup of the Black Panthers, a rise of urban criminality and a swelling of the prison industrial complex. This also allowed cia-linked drug dealers, prison owners, police and their contractors to get rich. This is as inarguable as the sun rising in the east. It is also a material condition that does the most to explain why America is swimming with both drugs and prisoners.

The same class of people own the media, so what motivation would they have to promote a second Tupac rapping about revolution over someone rapping about drugs and money? I don't know who shot Tupac, but the idea of "white media moguls pushed the Rap genre away from social messaging and towards promoting thuggery to increase white fears and swell the prison population" makes sense to me as it is consistent with everything this white devil society has ever done.

TLDR:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We all know that the MIC and Deep State is deeply embedded in the mainstream gaming industry to influence people towards America's geopolitical objectives and capitalist ideology, and I have nothing but respect for PMJ actually having the integrity to reject playing them.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

missed opportunity for a Brother Bin Laden

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Endman posted:

I have absolutely no idea what any of this is

Shut the gently caress up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/chudunno_me/status/1771992159375212771?t=AJ7Esxmu9sK84-lwNo2j-Q&s=19

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

multistability posted:

Shut the gently caress up

gently caress you idiot I'm allowed to be confused in the Epstein thread!!!!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

the nickelodion logo is a pizza-related stain

Endman
May 18, 2010

I have no problem believing Nickelodeon is shot through with pedophiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Endman posted:

I have no problem believing Nickelodeon is shot through with pedophiles

it was we were talking about years ago