Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lenny Nero
Apr 14, 2007

I'm the magic man...The Santa Claus of the subconscious
I have no training in genetics whatsoever but I was surprised to see that wikipedia of Lyme Disease states that "The 2010 autopsy of Ötzi the Iceman, a 5,300-year-old mummy, revealed the presence of the DNA sequence of Borrelia burgdorferi making him the earliest known human with Lyme disease," when one of the articles detailing this supposed evidence (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22426219/) states that "[s]equences corresponding to ~60% of the genome of Borrelia burgdorferi are indicative of the earliest human case of infection with the pathogen for Lyme borreliosis." Does 60% of a genome really mean that it is certain that this bacteria was present (at least in the form that is the cause of Lyme Disease)?

Lenny Nero has issued a correction as of 05:58 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
adding ötzi to the corkboard

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

hes had it too good for too long

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://x.com/The_Wub_/status/1777358891438768510

https://x.com/The_Wub_/status/1777366830182453447

https://x.com/dwarfmarx78554/status/1777365392643465487

lol
and let me also say
lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

> if you were a poli sci major in the early 2000s or like really studying any kind of american civics at all his website was included on a list of probably 5-10 websites that were considered "reliable internet sources" that policymakers would read

no it loving wasnt lol

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

i got a list like that but I never actually looked at it lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Ötzi? more like Öpzi

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

post hole digger posted:

> if you were a poli sci major in the early 2000s or like really studying any kind of american civics at all his website was included on a list of probably 5-10 websites that were considered "reliable internet sources" that policymakers would read

no it loving wasnt lol

guilty of admitting to being a poli sci major

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
my brain sputtering to try to connect hte dots between demi moore being "mistress of the chamber" and her future husband ashton kutcher trafficking kids for the cia lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

https://twitter.com/aplusk/status/1021409519098769408

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ram dass in hell posted:

my brain sputtering to try to connect hte dots between demi moore being "mistress of the chamber" and her future husband ashton kutcher trafficking kids for the cia lol

oh my god

they erased bruce willis's memory...

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

you’ve heard of the heart attack gun, but wait until you see the retardo ray

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Endman posted:

oh, i've seen it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

we can't put bruce willis in the memory wipe chamber every time he discovers our human trafficking operation, it's making his brain all buggy

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
i agree with the club president. 9/11 was cool and thread favorite tim osman "UBL" was the coolest possible nomination for membership.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Laterite posted:

Ötzi? more like Öpzi
I mean the guy was basically copper-age special forces

trained for long marches, full leather armor under a grass cloak, a priceless nearly pure copper axe, massive 14 arrow quivver, a fucken tool belt

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
And in a classic special forces maneuver got owned by some weather

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Operator Otzi

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

my bony fealty posted:

Operator Otzi

"Double O" 7 ...

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

ram dass in hell posted:

He also used his connections to scam several states on Covid testing.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

wasn't Ashton Kutcher in his mid 20s and Demi Moore like 50 when they got together

hmm

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

didn't he write a letter pleading for a rapist to be let off because he was a friend?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

didn't he write a letter pleading for a rapist to be let off because he was a friend?

a lot of stars did that (99% sure they all knew he was a rapist and didn't care)

bedpan has issued a correction as of 17:29 on Apr 9, 2024

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Endman posted:

Buddy, they can shoot it through the internet, and you've been in the test chamber for 14 years.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Buddy, it is the Internet, and we're all smearing our poop on the walls of the test chamber together

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
im honored

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
gordon freeman in the flesh......or should i say, the retard suit

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

mawarannahr posted:

same rapist who also showed up and helped him not get in trouble when his date got stabbed to death

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

Danger posted:

glasses are distinguished imo

Also pretty effortless and effective.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

oh my god

they erased bruce willis's memory...

he has FTD, not Alzheimer's. he'll have a full memory of everything he's seen he just won't remember how to talk about it

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

FirstnameLastname posted:

same rapist who also showed up and helped him not get in trouble when his date got stabbed to death

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Guy calls his rapist friend first when his date was "already" stabbed to death when he showed up to meet her.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/UnionBustingBot/status/1777863155550404775?t=73Dy4DDAUMyyGACs4TMecA&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Shortwoman93/status/1778119638116692169

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

him (and Puthoff) are still around and involved in the current UFO hubbub

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
was doing some very basic research on Eugene Landy, the quack "psychologist" that took Brian Wilson hostage and fried his brain with random meds for over a decade. He got his doctorate at University of Oklahoma while thread favorite Dr. West was chair of the psychiatry department there. The two move back to Los Angeles at pretty much the exact same time in the late 60s, and the only places I can find cited that Landy worked are clinics where Dr. West is on the board or otherwise has a prominent role

worth a google. the actor Gig Young was treated by Landy and killed his wife and himself a few years later

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

was doing some very basic research on Eugene Landy, the quack "psychologist" that took Brian Wilson hostage and fried his brain with random meds for over a decade. He got his doctorate at University of Oklahoma while thread favorite Dr. West was chair of the psychiatry department there. The two move back to Los Angeles at pretty much the exact same time in the late 60s, and the only places I can find cited that Landy worked are clinics where Dr. West is on the board or otherwise has a prominent role

worth a google. the actor Gig Young was treated by Landy and killed his wife and himself a few years later

mother fucker

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

me seeing the phrase Stanford research institute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzhvReOACK4

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lmao A24 is an op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Low Desert Punk posted:

To be fair this is an indictment of Landy's competency rather than West's :o: