Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think it was determined the sounds cuts off but he was saying "Lets roll this cart" presumably as part of a plan to use a drink cart as a makeshift weapon/battering ram.

Oh and I'm obviously not a pilot, but I assume its probably not difficult to get one of those big rear end planes into an unrecoverable dive/spin pretty quick if you're worried about losing control of the plane and you're already fully committed to dying in a plane crash.

This is literally where the phrase "death spiral" comes from

What if they stopped the hijackers because they didn't like their chosen target? "gently caress that, LET'S ROLL this plane into something else!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

cant even do that without the landing gear deployed

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mola Yam posted:

christianity was introduced to japan through jesus h christ himself

source: jesus

This actually reveals how Jesus was part of spreading the message of Islam to Japan. The crucifixion and resurrection are a core part of most forms of Christianity, but Jesus as a prophet who had a replacement on the cross fits better with Islam in general from what I understand.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yup. Pull one of those out of its flight envelope and you'd need to be an actual trained pilot to have any hope of getting it flying level again

And even then you might not make it (cf. Aeroflot 593, pilot lets his 15yo son drive for a bit, son pulls on the controls enough to disable autopilot and put the plane into an unrecoverable dive)

To say nothing of trained pilots that, for one reason or another, put their plane into that situation and, despite their training, cannot pull out of it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mola Yam posted:

christianity was introduced to japan through jesus h christ himself

source: jesus

drat Japan and America? he really got around

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I think it's the product of disappearing into studying this stuff for however many years, right? He's the one who got Epstein's black book, and had it published. So I think he's got an idea of all of this stuff, his takes on Watergate are inline with the revisionist scholarship, it's just that how can you disappear into that sort of world and remain in touch with the mainstream?

that’s a good point I hadn’t considered. I’ll give this a listen with a more sympathetic ear. I’ve been trying to find more about his new book anyways. I’m really into watergate and nixon stuff in general

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/RobertSkvarla/status/1782726208796442791?t=bX1XRwePBAbvBkhmxuqH_w&s=19

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Dokapon Findom posted:

Bush literally and personally killed JFK Jr.

like father, like son

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bush piloting his old f-102 buzzing past jfk jrs. piper saratoga before circling back around and gunning it down

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
What's startling in hindsight is how much of an open secret 9/11 must have been. Anybody with a hint of skepticism in the know would have figured it out, down to congressional aides, low ranking officers, reporters from second rate newspapers, and they all just accepted it, business as usual. A clique within the ruling class just got to go hogwild and kill a few thousand citizens in a psyop, their turn with the ball.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Dokapon Findom posted:

Bush literally and personally killed JFK Jr.

shouldnt have let him fly it imo

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

idontpost69 posted:

What's startling in hindsight is how much of an open secret 9/11 must have been. Anybody with a hint of skepticism in the know would have figured it out, down to congressional aides, low ranking officers, reporters from second rate newspapers, and they all just accepted it, business as usual. A clique within the ruling class just got to go hogwild and kill a few thousand citizens in a psyop, their turn with the ball.

but conspiracies aren’t real because there’s no way that many people could keep a secret

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

idontpost69 posted:

It was common enough knowledge that the stock market was aware of it. A lot of people knew something was coming, and knew enough to make accurate stock market bets (though a lot of it could just have been people following the smart money once influential people made their bets).

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

how many of those stock market bets would have failed if only the Anthrax "attacks" happened?

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
flight 93 is one of those things that i think is bullshit but i also think the debris scatter is more consistent with hitting the ground than being shot out of the air? i haven't looked too hard into it. but there's a bunch of bullshit around 9/11 and i'm 99% sure bush and co. knew about it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Horizon Burning posted:

flight 93 is one of those things that i think is bullshit but i also think the debris scatter is more consistent with hitting the ground than being shot out of the air? i haven't looked too hard into it. but there's a bunch of bullshit around 9/11 and i'm 99% sure bush and co. knew about it.

I still want to read parts 2 and 3 of the foxnews.com expose on Israeli art students. they pulled part 1 within 24 hours of the towers being hit and never mentioned them again

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

idontpost69 posted:

Hence the insider trading, I would imagine.

Spergin Morlock posted:

I still want to read parts 2 and 3 of the foxnews.com expose on Israeli art students. they pulled part 1 within 24 hours of the towers being hit and never mentioned them again

The Art Student Ring will drive you crazy because the best case scenario is that Israel was just covertly operating in America for some reason.

German intelligence were also monitoring the Hamburg Cell when they were in Germany, and I don't think their files, or if they ever passed info along to the Americans, has ever been disclosed.

iirc the Germans broke into Atta's house and scanned all his IDs too, possibly did the same for the other members.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Apr 24, 2024

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Horizon Burning posted:

The fighter jets shot the engines out with cannons

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Every professional pilot I have ever spoken to thinks that the approach the plane made to hit the Pentagon was impossible

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I wonder if you could elicit a different response offering it as a challenge. "Do you think you could do it??"

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023

Azathoth posted:

It was common enough knowledge that the stock market was aware of it. A lot of people knew something was coming, and knew enough to make accurate stock market bets (though a lot of it could just have been people following the smart money once influential people made their bets).
My post was ambiguous but I was more so speaking in terms of after 9/11. Absolutely it was a rumor before the incident, but afterwards when serious holes in the official story became apparent literally anyone even mildly informed would have had a rough idea of the truth short of extreme denial. The mass psychology of tolerating such an obscene and over the line power play is hard to wrap your head around.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

cagliostr0 posted:

Every professional pilot I have ever spoken to thinks that the approach the plane made to hit the Pentagon was impossible

wasn’t Hani Hanjour such a terrible pilot that his flight instructors contacted the FAA to be sure he was actually licensed and not using fake documents?

Dokapon Findom posted:

I mean, this was the whole problem that day

lmao

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

does MS Flight Sim let you do 9/11

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

The Saucer Hovers posted:

cant even do that without the landing gear deployed

Uhh, treadmills u dumbass

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

stupid mythbusters

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Hence the insider trading, I would imagine.

The Art Student Ring will drive you crazy because the best case scenario is that Israel was just covertly operating in America for some reason.

German intelligence were also monitoring the Hamburg Cell when they were in Germany, and I don't think their files, or if they ever passed info along to the Americans, has ever been disclosed.

iirc the Germans broke into Atta's house and scanned all his IDs too, possibly did the same for the other members.

Israel operates more aggressively against the US than even it's enemies. makes u think

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

500excf type r posted:

The fighter jets shot the engines out with cannons

Surface to air missiles aren't intended to hit a plane directly and blow it up like you'd see in video games, they're supposed to detonate near enough to the plane that shrapnel gets flung into it, which takes it out it just as surely. When the Soviets shot down Korean Airlines 007 after it overflew their airspace the plane spiralled into the sea relatively intact. Flight 93 being shot down and it having a tight wreckage pattern are not mutually exclusive.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

No, but fragmentation leaves telltale evidence on an aircraft.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah but at hundreds of mph are you passing between towers too quickly for a good connection?

Dokapon Findom posted:

I mean, this was the whole problem that day

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

No, but fragmentation leaves telltale evidence on an aircraft.

Yeah it's not like they could cover up a missile hitting an aircraft or anything.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
this thread has done some good deep dives into 9/11 in the past

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
this thread did 9/11

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'll fuckin do it again

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Amy McGrath already admitted to shooting down Flight 93 in a campaign ad

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Amy McGrath already admitted to shooting down Flight 93 in a campaign ad

lol at the stated plan. maybe they really did ram another plane into it.

Fighter pilots recall mission to take down Flight 93 on 9/11

www.cbsnews.com posted:

2021-09-09T19:15:00-0400
/ CBS News

After two fighter pilots watched two planes hit the World Trade Center 20 years ago, they scrambled into their F-16s knowing that it might be their last mission.

The Air National Guard pilots, Lieutenant General Marc Sasseville and Heather Penney, had no time to spare. The country was under attack. They knew of at least one plane still in the sky that was flying low. It was United Flight 93.

"We knew immediately, as soon as we saw the images, that we needed to protect and defend," Penney said. "We understood what the threat was. We were looking for a rogue airliner, flying low, that was not communicating with air traffic control." 

Pre-flight checks usually take 20 minutes, Sasseville said. This time, he got into the cockpit and took off. The duo didn't have time to arm their jets with missiles to take down the plane if necessary.

"We don't train to 'take down' airliners. We never have," Sasseville said. "We didn't have any missiles and we didn't have combat loads of bullets. We were going to have to hit the airplane and disable it somehow."

Penney said neither of them had second thoughts about flying their F-16s into the plane. "As the military, we don't send our service members on suicide missions. But it was clear what needed to be done that morning," she said.

That order did not come through the chain of command — the pilots had taken it upon themselves. "We didn't have any other choice. And we weren't going to be caught on the ground watching America get hit again," Sasseville said.

What they didn't know was that the passengers and crew of Flight 93 fought back and drove the plane into a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

Sasseville said he thinks about that day every day. "Those on Flight 93 that paid the ultimate price, those are the real heroes," he said.

"Sass and I owe our lives to them," Penney added. "But that's also why, when I think of 9/11, instead of being overcome by the trauma and the horror and the tragedy, I'm actually overcome by hope. That the best of who we are was demonstrated on that day. So, in some ways, living my life as normally as possible is the biggest way that we can say that the terrorists did not win."

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Amy McGrath sent out mailers saying she'd have shot down flight 93 even if she wasn't getting paid for it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'll fuckin do it again

https://twitter.com/TheInsiderPaper/status/1782917034898083950?t=Tl-FZteDP5VnilCz_WXCZA&s=19

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
FBI said don't go to school tomorrow

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

this is a threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

It's that the FBI putting out a kite that somebody they gave a U-Haul full of fertiliser and diesel to stopped replying on whatsapp