Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Hmm, leaves out that Epstein was hired off the street to teach at a prestigious private school despite being a college dropout by the current AG's own ex-OSS father, which of course also doesn't imply any sort of connection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I think I'd missed that Barr and Epstein worked in the same firm?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q03uA3qU95k

knox
Oct 28, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

I think I'd missed that Barr and Epstein worked in the same firm?

Don't remember that specifically, but I always thought one of the more bonkers aspects is Barr's father being the man who hired Epstein at Dalton School as math professor where he honed his pedophilia no doubt; and that he wrote a science fiction novel involving sexual slavery. Donald Barr, that is.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

knox posted:

Don't remember that specifically, but I always thought one of the more bonkers aspects is Barr's father being the man who hired Epstein at Dalton School as math professor where he honed his pedophilia no doubt; and that he wrote a science fiction novel involving sexual slavery. Donald Barr, that is.

and space aliens. It brings all of my favorite crack ping subjects together - 2020 has been a hell of a year!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dmitri-9 posted:

Epstein hosted Steve Bannon and Bill Gates in a swanky Paris apartment.

apropos of nothing, I get the feeling Bannon is CIA. his career is way too interesting for him not to be

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Hmm, leaves out that Epstein was hired off the street to teach at a prestigious private school despite being a college dropout by the current AG's own ex-OSS father, which of course also doesn't imply any sort of connection

mmmmmm added some bits

quote:

Just because the president and Epstein both had dealings at Deutsche Bank that were flagged as possible money laundering and just because the President is listed in Epstein’s black book, and just because the president’s Deutsche Bank banker and Jeffrey Epstein both suicided at about the same time, and just because the family of the judge handling the Epstein-Deutsche Bank angle has just been targeted, and just because the Attorney General used to work at Epstein’s law firm, and just because the AG's ex-OSS father was the one that gave Epstein his first job, and just because the AG oversaw the pardon of the Iran-Contra perpetrators over the objections of the lawyers who are now investigating Ghislaine Maxwell as NY prosecutors, and just because he says he can personally confirm that Epstein did indeed kill himself, and just because Epstein claimed he introduced the president to Melania, and just because the Treasury Secretary is listed in court documents as administrator for a company owned by Epstein’s trafficking partner Brunel, and just because Bannon was being sent to meet with Epstein until just before he was arrested, and just because the impeachment defense was spearheaded by Alan Dershowitz who by pure coincidence was one of Epstein's closest friends, and just because the Labor Secretary was coincidentally the guy who let Epstein go in 2008, in no way does all of this mean there are any connections here.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Seriously?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I've said it before but even taking the most absurdly good faith interpretation of this sort of poo poo still shows the rich are a tiny incestuous circle

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

apropos of nothing, I get the feeling Bannon is CIA. his career is way too interesting for him not to be

He definitely is working for someone...checking his wiki he was in the Navy, never a good sign! Lately he's been on an anti-China kick trying to stir up a cold war with all the typical intelligence propaganda tricks.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

Yeah I went to the wiki after this; it seems pretty obvious he's like a quasi-Alex Jones/Michael Moore Frankenstein director for CIA to portray the "good white christian people against the evil brown people struggle" so the Pentagon can lose another trillion or someshit.

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
I really want Thomas Pynchon or Don Delillo to write the Epstein novel

Or hell, both of them

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Is it true this self-inflicted wound lawyer never lost a case Salas presided over? What are these pigs cooking up for motive? Just a shrug and a, "Well, you know... mental health!!"?

The news is reporting that he had one case in front of Salas, and it was about a woman who wanted to get on the military draft, and he never even completed it because he was replaced halfway through.

So if that's accurate then this guy held a grudge for five years over one relatively minor case that he never finished? And he wore a disguise and covered his face to carry out the attack, then immediately commits suicide?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I think the narrative they'll end up going with is that he's an incel MRA who wanted to kill a woman simply because she held a position of power. The fact that two men were shot will be repeatedly hand-waved.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I think the narrative they'll end up going with is that he's an incel MRA who wanted to kill a woman simply because she held a position of power. The fact that two men were shot will be repeatedly hand-waved.

Also that his case was a blatant publicity stunt that he won

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Perry Mason Jar posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Lefkow

It happens , even though this one is weird too

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Elliot Rodger has a pretty gender-neutral kill-count.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

mastershakeman posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Lefkow

It happens , even though this one is weird too

So wait this there's this big section on Matthew Hale here, being sure to mention his Stormfront views, but then the perpetrator of the murders is someone else entirely - Bart Ross? Bart Ross, mad about a failed malpractice suit, and not at all motivated by misogyny or any other political thing? There isn't much of a parallel here as far as I can tell.

Darth Walrus posted:

Elliot Rodger has a pretty gender-neutral kill-count.

I mean he did explicitly hate Chad and mentioned that at least as often as hating Stacy. He was an incel, no MRA. That brings up another thing - politically motivated killers are quick to leave a manifesto behind, no such thing here.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 13:05 on Jul 21, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:hmbol:

https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1285565120656166912?s=20

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1285578225171812353?s=20

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
galaxy brain planting stories that you were paid to make up lies by a pedophile

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

evidence here is vague, sketchy and loose but peeps are trying to connect him to the mob and/or Russia. I think he was just nuts

dude had a 2000+ page memoir though

https://twitter.com/soychicka/status/1285330480930357255

kinda crazy to see this poo poo happen first hand. Russia to Roy afaik was like Japan to someone who likes anime. Where there were "right" women.

Except for his ex wife that ruuuuuuined his life.

E: weird that i cant find any of the vids i used to share about him getting owned tho.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't know what to make of this because even if the LLC was somehow actually registered as "Granite Reality" it would be really easy for it to accidentally get corrected to Realty on paperwork. It also seems more likely that Maxwell's LLC was really "Realty" and it just got incorrectly recorded/reported as "Reality" somewhere. In either case I wouldn't assume that "Granite Reality" and "Granite Realty" are really two different companies.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Shageletic posted:

kinda crazy to see this poo poo happen first hand. Russia to Roy afaik was like Japan to someone who likes anime. Where there were "right" women.

Except for his ex wife that ruuuuuuined his life.

E: weird that i cant find any of the vids i used to share about him getting owned tho.

So his ex wife was from Russia?

Did he ever seem capable of violence?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Doc Hawkins posted:

jim norton insulted him for 45 straight minutes back in the early 2000s after which he sued and lost and that was sort of the end of it. id think if you were gonna hold a grudge, the guy who humiliated you on international radio would probably be more worthwhile :shrug:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

So his ex wife was from Russia?

Honestly no. He seemed like a big ol creep but also a giant gently caress up who seemed way too full of himself. Like he was proud to be in doc review, which is the temp version of being an attorney.

I did see him ineffectually fight someone tho once.

Lol the New Yorker did a profile on him: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/magazine/2007/08/06/hey-la-a-a-dies/amp

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The other night—nite?—Den Hollander was maneuvering his way past a maroon rope that marked the entrance to LQ, a dance club in midtown. It was a Salsa Wednesday: five bucks for ladies, ten for gents. Den Hollander shelled out and went inside, where he cruised the pink-lit periphery of a dance floor, sparsely populated with wrinkled couples practicing twirls. “Last time I was here for an after-work, you had younger people,” he said. “Problem is, the music’s so loud. When I hit on a girl, I need to be able to talk to her.”

Lol thats Roy.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

More on the murder attorney's career path:

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2020/07/american-idol

quote:

[...]
About that: if any enterprising journalist should happen to read this, Hollander’s legal career was very . . . strange, in potentially interesting ways.

Born in 1947, Hollander didn’t go to law school until his mid-30s. Prior to then he seems to have been a sort of typical for the time white middle class early boomer delinquent/slacker turned semi-professional journalist. (Plenty of possibly true details here).

In 1981 he enrolled at Brooklyn, a NYC law school of modest reputation, apparently as a night student. I’m assuming he was in the night program because he didn’t transfer to George Washington until 1983, which fits with being in the part-time program. He did well in law school, although he obviously wasn’t at the top of his class [this is significant, as we’ll see below] and he snagged a fairly competitive gig upon graduation in 1985: a one-year posting in the U.S. Department of Treasury Honors Program. (These honors programs are roughly the equivalent of postdocs for grad students).

Here’s where things get a little strange. Hollander’s first permanent legal job was as an associate for the New York law firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore. This is very inside baseball stuff, but that is just . . . weird. At the time, Cravath was without a doubt the most prestigious law firm in the country (It’s still way up there, but in the 1980s it was the firm.)

Normally, there’s no way somebody with Hollander’s resume could have gotten a job at Cravath. There just isn’t. To return to the grad student analogy, this is like somebody who did well but not spectacularly well at a second-tier sociology Ph.D. program getting their initial tenure-track job at Princeton. Normally, the only way to have gotten an entry-level associates position at Cravath at the time would have been to have done very well at an elite law school, and gotten a summer position after the student’s second year. A Brooklyn transfer to GW who didn’t do a summer clerkship? And who was almost 40 to boot? That would have been a total non-starter on many levels.

Maybe there’s nothing more interesting going on here than a particularly egregious example of WASP privilege. Maybe Hollander “networked” at Treasury with people with far tonier resumes, and thereby managed to snag the Cravath job despite his previous 35-year interlude as a juvenile delinquent college dropout draft dodging alcoholic etc. (The Meritocracy!).

I probably wouldn’t consider any other possibility if not for the next stage of his career, which was as a ten-year gig as some sort of international solo practitioner, specializing in business dealings with post-Soviet Russia. Again, that is a really weird resume line item for a guy who just left Cravath. Normally a three-year stint at Cravath would lead to being a senior associate at another white shoe firm, or a lucrative if deathly boring in-house gig with a Fortune 500 company, or some sort of federal government law job. That’s what ex-Cravath associates do. Setting up shop immediately as a solo with a shingle in Cyrillic? Not so much.

Again, maybe this is all perfectly innocuous. Maybe he went home with a waitress, the way he always did. Maybe satisfactory answers to these questions I’m just asking are found in the thousands of pages of ravings Hollander published on the Internet (I haven’t looked). It’s interesting though.
[...]

mystes
May 31, 2006

It honestly sounds less like some sort of conspiracy and more like he had some sort of connections that briefly got him a good job but he blew it and went progressively crazier, and probably turned into a chud because he felt like he was entitled to a better career.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Wonder who he worked with at the Treasury / who hired him etc.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of ghouls still around from 1985

Aside from being twice the age, the "nobody getting hired into prestigious institution" narrative seems similar to Epstein's

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Michael Aquino dead. :unsmigghh:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Thomas Schoenberger & Michael Aquino on the same podcast?

Yike!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

that's the stuff.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Even if there's nothing more here than a well-connected guy schmoozing his way into a job, it's funny how many of these people end up linked to Russia in some way.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
That article's pretty good for the crack-ping Aquino stuff:

quote:

Aquino was linked to the Iran/Contra arms and drugs trafficking scandal by Boystown photographer Rusty Nelson.

quote:

His testimony fits Aquino’s cover story civilian role as an investment banker for Morgan Stanley in San Francisco.

quote:

The first ever mention of “Burning Man” in print was on the same page as a Cacophony Society event to do with Oliver North and Iran/Contra.

Burning Man started in 1986 next to the Presidio SF, where Aquino and occultist bloviator Esteban Trujillo de Gutierrez were both stationed that year. In 1986 dozens of children reported satanic abuse at the day care center on the base at the Presidio.

quote:

I speculated previously on links between arms trafficking, the Church of Satan, Jeffrey Epstein, and Isaac Kappy. This seemed to particularly trigger Esteban.

LaVey makes an appearance:

quote:

Anton LaVey was a Zionist gunrunner. His uncle was connected to Bugsy Siegel and the Meyer Lansky mafia syndicate. Ukraine seems to come up an awful lot in the things I write about.

Frank Bacon and Thomas Schoenberger spoke on the phone together several times with Isaac Kappy. Kappy was in touch with Tracy Twyman, and Schoenberger was also in communication with Tracy between the time of Isaac’s death and her death (as was I: see Another #PedoGate Researcher Suddenly Dies: RIP Tracy Twyman).

Kappy, Hagmann, Twyman, Epstein, Aquino. May, June, July, August, September 2019. Why wait until now to announce this death – a year to the day after Doug Hagmann’s son was found dead with foul play suspected? Is today some Satanic high day? Are there high jinks being cast at Bohemian Grove?

I haven't done any kind of dive into these claims so I don't know what merit they have and pinch of salt and all that.

Article doesn't mention a number of significant things regarding Aquino's career so if you're wholly unfamiliar you'll need to look elsewhere.

Edit: I wanted to look into Trump's dealings with the Ukraine, given my overarching theory about the factions (US intervention into the Ukrainian conflict began with Obama as a transparent offensive against Russia, my narrative would more or less require Trump to be de-escalating or looking to switch up leaders there) but it's just page after page of nonsense impeachment poo poo. I figured out how to look into this in a less boneheaded way, lol Edit: That is in fact what's happening

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 18:45 on Jul 21, 2020

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

gh0stpinballa posted:

how was the extremely obvious murder of epstein not enough to get you on board

LK is lacking in a lot of ways

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That loving blog is bugfuck and who the gently caress is this clown you're sad about?

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

That loving blog is bugfuck and who the gently caress is this clown you're sad about?

Aquino was an occultist military spook who formed the Temple of Set, an offshoot of the Church of Satan that took all of the fun out of it and replaced it with actual devil worship. He's at the center of a lot of really skeevy poo poo involving children and federal three letter departments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
Also, how was he to know she was with the Russians too?