Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w-2gUSus34

edit: lol im sorry for the terrible snipe

uhhh here

Marzzle posted:

book :synpa:

hey lurkers/whoever, check out The Jakarta Method by glenn friend Vincent Bevins. You can load it to any e-reader using Calibre (or just straight up read it in calibre). information should be free! free speech must be defended! (even on the left!)

and an included publication from friend of the thread, ELTON JOHN:
a history of africa during the colonial from a marxist perspective by a guy who was (probably) assassinated by the president of his country, here

if anyone has relevant publications they'd like to add, quote this and I will add them to this copypaste :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/0ddette/status/1484953633456365572

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hahaha

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/KariLake/status/1490791374928547841

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yeah no that scans

Very normal poo poo

Not upsetting to watch at all

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
that got a jump scare out of me

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
So how do we know that person is in any way involved with human trafficking, is it because the cop sucking lady said so or what

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, I’m gonna go with “Trump-endorsed candidate doesn’t give a poo poo about human trafficking, but will tweet Qanon adjacent bullshit at the expense of some mentally ill brown lady”

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

like what does anyone expect to happen here

ain't like she grew vampire teeth when she started growling, I'm just surprised she didn't get shot

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Ever wonder who "Jeffrey's" parents are? Like his real parents? The type with the pull to have their sons put on a list of top eligible bachelors?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/pastichepsyop/status/1490935569823633409

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1490849629553975297

Funny that they didn't post the next few tweets. Jake isn't wrong. The swerfs aren't on your* side.

* the side of the proles that is, not the side of jackboot loving right wingers or, I guess, Marxists who'd love for all the lumpenproles to just die off

EDIT: Like what are the chances that this guy's (or the other exec producer, thread favorite drake's) only problem with trafficking is that his network isn't doing literally all of it?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Edward__Bernays/status/1483462248970477576

maxwellhill posted:

Ever wonder who "Jeffrey's" parents are? Like his real parents? The type with the pull to have their sons put on a list of top eligible bachelors?

This is a great point and yes now I am wondering.

EDIT: Cool man I believe you, I'm not about to watch the mossad and drake produced show about children loving to find out but that all literally supports the point that poo poo like it is the propaganda arm of organizations like exodus cry

Regulus74 has issued a correction as of 17:05 on Feb 8, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
The depiction in the show is true-to-life whereas something like Taken absolutely is not (the tweet I posted also continues). The show, funny enough given its online reputation, is rather conservative generally* though.

*Other than giving the original villain (rapey sex pest and accidental pederast) a "You Go Girl" moment. Very bizarre
**Edit: it's worth explicating a bit more. The show is sex negative. All depictions of sex are given as undesirable or immoral when desirable. Sex is ruinous!! It's only performed by moral failures and hedonists and every time with dire consequence. Sex is fraught and dangerous! Beware! Beware! This besides the more-obvious conservatism depicting all drug use as inexorably life-destroying.

Actually there's a repulsive bit of Islamophobia in the penultimate episode of Season 1 which I haven't seen any online comments about. It's really insidious and a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment. SPOILERS FOLLOW: The main character drug addict has an Islamic convert mentor (male) who discloses then that he converted and his real name is Martin not Ali (there's a joke about Martin being silly and unbefitting, the suggestion being that this man converted at least in part for a better name). At this point the MC asks "Do a lot of women convert?" to which he chuckles, looks down, shakes his head slightly and says, "No... no..". Naturally the idea here is that no woman would convert to Islam and only those born into it are Muslims - because, dontcha know, Islam is virulently misogynistic? What's really gross here? The ratio of women converts to men converts for Islam is 3:1 or 4:1. So not only is it insidious depiction of Islam as uniquely misogynistic among the Abrahamic religions but it's a flat-out lie.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Feb 8, 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

been listening to jimmy falun gongs podcast programmed to chill and jimmy if you reading this i love the music you pull for between segments. keep the hits coming.
i really dig the foreign political songs.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

been listening to jimmy falun gongs podcast programmed to chill and jimmy if you reading this i love the music you pull for between segments. keep the hits coming.

hell yeah Programmed to Chill kicks rear end

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

if we're posting about HBO shows and James Gunn, that guy loves the idea of parasites taking over people's bodies and brains

Slither, Suicide Squad, Peacemaker all have that plot point.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Jake Flores sucks

selec
Sep 6, 2003

[desperately scrabbling around for excuses]

https://twitter.com/zubymusic/status/1491155114685759489?s=21

weird loving take

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Hell yah

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

selec posted:

[desperately scrabbling around for excuses]

https://twitter.com/zubymusic/status/1491155114685759489?s=21

weird loving take

I mean, this is true for a certain kind of lib who doesn't want to think too hard about the implications of a guy like Jeffery being allowed to exist.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I mean, this is true for a certain kind of lib who doesn't want to think too hard about the implications of a guy like Jeffery being allowed to exist.

she’s in jail, what’s he want to happen?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

selec posted:

she’s in jail, what’s he want to happen?

exactly, more people should be outraged about the miscarriage of justice in the Ghislaine case

https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1489297829851918340?s=20&t=YiaagJ7j9_U9kGW1fpNgxA

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Yeah the police really are monsters.

Regulus74 posted:

EDIT: Cool man I believe you, I'm not about to watch the mossad and drake produced show about children loving to find out but that all literally supports the point that poo poo like it is the propaganda arm of organizations like exodus cry

You won't subject yourself to the right wing brainwashing but you call it evil! Curious!

I'm very smart.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 23:52 on Feb 8, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Regulus74 posted:

So how do we know that person is in any way involved with human trafficking, is it because the cop sucking lady said so or what

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Yeah, I’m gonna go with “Trump-endorsed candidate doesn’t give a poo poo about human trafficking, but will tweet Qanon adjacent bullshit at the expense of some mentally ill brown lady”

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah the police really are monsters.

I mean... I guess you guys might know something about this cool and normal poo poo that I don't :shrug:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Have you ever been to a mental care facility or even a Boys and Girls club? You see freakouts like this all the time, especially when someone thinks they're about to be restrained.

You should look at what Kari Lake stands for and what fears she's relying on before slurping up her propaganda.

She's an anti-immigration "tough on crime" Arizonan who will definitely never ever lie or take a video out of context (e.g. if someone is being arrested for trafficking in the context of helping an undocumented immigrant).

I don't have the full context of the video, but I have a crystal clear context for the reason someone like Kari Lake posting that.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 00:01 on Feb 9, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Wasabi the J posted:

slurping up her propaganda

lol I'm looking at a goddamn video on Twitter. Lot of comments on it though. Care to provide any additional detail you've learned about the situation other than your own improvisation?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

exactly, more people should be outraged about the miscarriage of justice in the Ghislaine case

Seems to be an off-brand choice for Alex Jones to want to free Ghislaine.

But also something he would do.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
As you can see, my client is innocent until proven guilty :o: *client morphs into a goddamn werewolf* you see? Pure copaganda :dumb:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Have you ever been to a mental care facility or even a Boys and Girls club? You see freakouts like this all the time, especially when someone thinks they're about to be restrained.

You should look at what Kari Lake stands for and what fears she's relying on before slurping up her propaganda.

She's an anti-immigration "tough on crime" Arizonan who will definitely never ever lie or take a video out of context (e.g. if someone is being arrested for trafficking in the context of helping an undocumented immigrant).

I don't have the full context of the video, but I have a crystal clear context for the reason someone like Kari Lake posting that.

its kinda funny how she just went from being the local news lady for a couple decades to a fascist banshee

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Bro she just acted wild before getting locked up. That's not an indictment of anything, let alone proof of guilt for human [implied child] trafficking.

This thread is like a loving medieval village, and being "abnormal" is the proof of guilt.

Everyone posts nothing but Twitter Christo and Crypto-fascists who "just ask questions" and it gets loving old to watch people either be:

Ignorant

or

Trying to get cute with concern trolling, so they may plausibly be continue to be allowed to slip a few more "oops all racist" Twitter accounts links from time to time.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 00:16 on Feb 9, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Wasabi the J posted:

(e.g. if someone is being arrested for trafficking in the context of helping an undocumented immigrant).

This is a particularly generous assumption to make. Do you think people are trafficking human beings out of the goodness of their heart? They're in it for money. The immigrants get ripped off and you must be truly naive to think coming into America is the last of their difficulties. Look at the recent case up north of a Florida man bringing a family from India across the border only for them to freeze to death. Those are the people "helping" immigrants enter the US outside official channels.

I'm curious, what do you think happens to undocumented immigrants once they're smuggled into the country? They're home free? They are treated like slaves- for rape, forced labor, whatever else.

Don't stan people taking advantage of people's desperation. It's a really loving stupid take.

Wasabi the J posted:

This thread is like a loving medieval village, and being "abnormal" is a sin.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeezus.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

between the coy “ok but maybe Travis Barker isn’t a satanist but what about these other musicians and celebs…” and this, yes, posters in this thread:

stop slorping down right wing propaganda, it makes you dumber than the average goon, which is a dire predicament!

there is more than enough real evil to dig up without cosplaying alongside right wing racist dipshits

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

i laughed when the cop had one of those tough guy wedding rings made out of a NOT GAY metal
i hope the growling lady has happier days ahead

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Don't believe anything you see with your own eyes unless the account tweeting it out has Perfect Politics :jerkbag:

Wasabi the J posted:

This thread is like a loving medieval village, and being "abnormal" is a sin.

This thread was literally started in response to a particular individual's "abnormal" behavior, sadly he "killed himself" before you could rehabilitate his reputation

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Futanari Damacy posted:

Don't believe anything you see with your own eyes unless the account tweeting it out has Perfect Politics :jerkbag:

This thread was literally started in response to a particular individual's "abnormal" behavior, sadly he "killed himself" before you could rehabilitate his reputation

don’t be a fuckin mark, propaganda works on everyone

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

selec posted:

don’t be a fuckin mark, propaganda works on everyone

Do you by chance run the "psyop resister" account. Can you explain why everything is a "psyop"?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Futanari Damacy posted:

I'm curious, what do you think happens to undocumented immigrants once they're smuggled into the country? They're home free? They are treated like slaves- for rape, forced labor, whatever else.

My dead from COVID-19 uncle was not the only seasonal undocumented family member I have, but he was my favorite uncle from that side of my family.

Do not start with me on your imagined plots. I know full well what the gently caress evil happens and while some people do force people across or take advantage of victims, there is no context for what is happening to that woman, and it should give you pause that the police are pretty terrifyingly blatant about kidnapping and terrorizing minorites in America.

She could have been a coke runner, a trafficker, or even a loving pedestrian the cops saw when they had a bad day.

https://twitter.com/KariLake/status/1491168943972958209?t=5pta5CBNYL_5P7BjX4CJtg&s=19

https://twitter.com/KariLake/status/1491101326956466177?t=Sc0vEMpBBFhv-y1J7VH-nw&s=19

Hmmm....

https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1490849629553975297

:thunk:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Futanari is right. I've explained this very thing 1000x in this thread already also because of Wasabi but it never sinks in for him.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
That said yes the same skepticism we should always have applies here. Saying sex trafficker without further substantion means we can take it with a grain of salt or even, yes, read malintent. But this is NOT because of someone's ideological character! It's because of missing information!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dear mr cia
we can be bros if you dont op me.
tia dude.
ps no ops remember!