Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Never heard of this guy, can anyone explain the significance of his killing?

StashAugustine posted:

I had him mixed up with the UN guy who was probably shot down by the CIA

Sweden has had 3 assassinations on high profile statesmen(4 if you count Anna Lindh but that one *seems* like it was just a crazy person, her staying alive most definitely would've had Sweden in a much better place than it is now though).

Theres Folke Bernadotte, murdered by an Israeli paramilitary because of his involvement in a peace mission by the UN in Palestine, Dag Hammarskjöld which is the guy StashAugustine had mixed up, shot down by the CIA in the jungle because of his mediation in Rhodesia. He actually told his 2nd in command not to travel with him that day because he though it was a bad idea to travel together, seems normal right?

And then theres Palme. Palme is actually an old bougie family of great wealth but he traveled the 3rd world and somehow came to the realization that untethered capitalism was a bad idea and became involved in the social democrats of Sweden, personally anointed the next leader by Tage Erlander whom together with Per Albin Hansson built the Swedish welfare state which brought us to our peak in the 60's and 70's.

Palme was just a generic kind of social democrat who because of the leaps of progress of Erlander and Per Albin Hansson had the political mobility to focus attention to international matters, being a generally "leave the 3rd world alone and let them develop in their own way" kind of guy and just an anti-imperialist. Marched with the North Vietnamese ambassador to end the war in Vietnam, that kind of thing. Just a general pain in the rear end to western imperialism. His assassination is most definitely a Gladio thing, and theres a couple of witness testimonies of police moving about where they officially werent at the time of the murder, and because of the police incompetence(or more likely intentionally screwing up) in the early stages of the investigation its virtually impossible to figure out who is a credible witness.

Kissinger wrote a eulogy of Palme which includes

quote:

In the end, transcending all controversies, Palme's passion was for the best in Western value. Wherever peace was threatened or justice was denied or freedom was in jeopardy -- in the Middle East, in Central America, in South Africa, on the issue of nuclear weapons -- Palme was to be found at the cutting edge of the debate."

So pretty sure they just wanted him gone already.

Domestic policy though was just him paving the way for todays succ socdems, like intentionally holding back wage growth so industries could pocket more of the profits on a flimsy pretext of reinvesting the capital and creating more jobs, typical bougie stuff.

edit; also theres probably some deep distrust of SÄPO in socdem circles even today which may explain why they're so willing to allow the rights policies to prevail while only doing token opposition, they've essentially been scared into submission by capital, which is implicated heavily if you buy into the Gladio explanation of the murder.

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Karl Barks posted:

I remember reading he was the PM when the Meidner Plan was attempted, which would have been a huge shift in power from capitalists. was that somebody else?

Yeah it was him. Anything SocDem in the 70s and early 80's is Palme. It's worthwhile to note tough that the plan was generally pushed by LO, a union org loosely connected to the Socdems, not actually the Socdems themselves. And the defeat of the Plan is mostly responsible of their shift from focusing on the expansion of worker power to a defensive posture of existing power, which is a pretty terrible strategy to take and pretty much guarantees defeat in the long term, which has left us in the position of today where we basically have none. LO really shouldnt be regarded as a trusted organization today. They were involved in trying to force the Gothenburg harbor workers to accept a contract which the negotiator herself said in a private meeting she would never accept working under. It's been a while since I read the particulars of the plan and the politics at the time but from what I recall it wasn't anything good about Palme.

The policy of withholding wage growth was actually a proposal of the right during Palmes last election campaign during which he vehemently opposed it, while secretly committing to it himself while talking to heads of industries, he effectively won that election on the opposition of what he would end up doing himself.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
re: Chaos and mkultra from a couple pages back

theres the Darren Brown video where he hypnotized a guy into assassinating Stephen Fry, I guess entertainment media isn't a confirmation on it being real but doesn't Darren Brown generally have a good reputation as debunking mysticism with that it's them using perception of reality as a tool to fool and scam people.

I just always think back to that vid in relation to mkultra as he specifically uses the Sirhan Sirhan story as a primer in it, and uses the polka dot dress during the hypnosis.

West and Gotleib celebrating success doesn't have to be relation to their earlier theories that they had to entirely break people down Jack Ruby style to get them to do stuff, maybe it was just success in different methods, I'm imagining them having multiple theories and multiple teams working different angles, some producing results that could break a witness into insanity and others to get people to do things for them.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Who is the girl?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
:stare:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Singapore legalized prostitution* after it became the capital capital of Asia after Hong Kong was returned to the Chinese and lost that status.

*Brothels and actively soliciting prostitution is illegal so it should be virtually impossible but it isn't enforced so it's kind of the same as weed in Netherlands.

Capital definitely requires and enables prostitution.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
if reddit owners had any consciousness at all it could be the biggest honeypot ever created

like the clinton web guy who outed them trying to wipe the private server and now jizzlane? they could probably piece together the entire network by showing their private messages

edit: lmao Aaron Schwartz, they killed the only one with a consciousness

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Jul 8, 2020

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
goddamn, Falkvinge? He supplied one of my early crack/pings when he wrote about swedish/us collaborations in sigint, guess I know now why he cared so deeply about it

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
wouldnt the airport thing her sisters made give her hypothetical access to like hundreds of thousands of ip addresses for an upvote/downvote botnet network? How many airports use their software?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Rated PG-34 posted:

but what was her forums username

Reene

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
The Leia/obi wan thing but it's the SS and lowtax

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

HELLO LADIES posted:

unironically this. The House of Windsor and House of Hanover were effectively made by, at the very least, the cabals of their time, which are specifically filled with a bunch of families that are still prominent in the UK today, Winston Churchill's ancestors being a case in point.

As to fortunes older than the current British crown/any fiat version of the pound sterling, there's the Church of Rome and all of it's various spinoffs and subsidiary orders, the Rothschilds, a bunch of similar and contemporaneous Jewish banking families that tend not to get listed in most pop Illuminati stuff, the endowments of most of the Ivies, the Delano family (as in FDR) which traces back to an Italian family that's contemporaneous with the Medicis, the Astor family, and probably a bunch of others. I also think the Morgans and DuPonts of the US are probably reboots/proxies of much older families, much like how John Jacob Astor's origin story is almost certainly bullshit and the Astors are even older than they're documented to be.

I'm not sure I'm willing to go full Lizard People and trace this all back to the Bronze Age, but there's actually a lot of money fueling this that's notably older than even the House of Hanover, and plenty of evidence to suggest it was their creation and remains their puppets, really all the way back to the Tudors. If you really want to crack ping, try asking yourself why Wexner's business is named Victoria's Secret and come up with different meanings/jokes. I'm on about number five, and they're all both horrifying and distressingly funny.

Don't quote me on it or anything but I'm pretty sure the Morgan's go back to a privateering captain looting Portuguese ships for the English crown, and that he then used that to establish himself in banking. Could've gotten it from one of those early lovely-audio pre- alt-right YouTube vids way back when though.

Also I'd we're talking old money, in Sweden we have a family called Natt och Dag(Night and Day) which goes back probably to 1000 but definitely 1200 making them the oldest nobility we have, they've been in and out of power since the inception of Sweden as a unified nation state, in and out of power as in they've been kings and regents and first ministers and stuff like that.

They're my favorite go-to family when talking to other swedes about old money dynamics because no one has ever heard of them. Not a single time have I been met with any sort of "oh yeah them" like you get when you talk about Vasa or Sture.

Best bit about it all though is that it's probably from Natt och Dag where Sweden's flag gets it's colors, their family crest is just split between a yellow top and blue bottom.

I know no one cares about Sweden, but the current Natt och Dag people are all writers or poets, with one of them most definitely being a pervert who was once the editor of Slitz, a "gentleman's rag" that was prime target for adolescent youths shoplifting.

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 08:35 on Jul 9, 2020

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
it absolutely loving owns that the CIA have to produce ads to get applicants. The failsons and daughters at Yale and Harvard has ascended to trash even in their eyes.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

maybe if you know what you're reading this stuff is supposed to be a heads up for pepole so like you get this in 2021, take a gander, and hit up your guy for the advance vaccine?

that requires so many presumptions as to be nearly baseless and encroaches on poo poo that gets stupid in a hurry, but i'm looking for a why that fits inside this emergent pattern of behavior and that's all i got

Coming in from way behind the thread but I think maybe its worth reading up on Knights of the Golden Circle. Like its pretty much proven to be true in that a guy who got nearly inducted into it(but his dad and granddad died before it was complete) knows how to find secret caches of gold and poo poo simply by knowing the tell tale signs where they might be buried. Its a completely oral conspiracy, literally intentionally no paper trail and just people saying things to other people they know are inducted into it.

If you know the telltale signs of NGO's connected and you get a mention of this in that one obscure newsletter subscribed to by about 3000 people(think Michael Rupperts newsletter and how it spread) which is just one of a 100 different newsletters done by a dozen people tasked with it?

I don't think its far fetched anymore, i used to think so, but if moneypox takes off as its detailed in the paper, well, all bets are off.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

maxwellhill posted:

Hello moderator, I have assembled a comprehensive index/summary for the thread OP right here:

lmfao

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
imo the best bit about 9/11 and iraq is how it created a new generation in the middle east filled with resentment towards the west which was then funneled into being an extremist wahhabist organization dedicated to destroying the state of syria armed with weapons smuggled out of the newly destroyed state of libya

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

not renewing the federal assault weapons ban during the war on terror is certainly something. there's obvious domestic political concerns for Bush in the run up to the 2004 election, but if Congress extended it in late 2001 I don't think there would have been much push back.

was just a matter of adding an assault rifle element to the anthrax attacks

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

TheGoonspiracist posted:

This seemed like a ping when it originally happened.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/18/aids-conference-says-100-researchers-may-have-been-on-board-crashed-plane

Just butterfly effect stuff at this point.

Not to derail again if you all got past the covid derail but gotta admit i laughed loudly reading this as i remembered the ACE2 thing

i mean its nothing and would only fit if one subscribed to qanon levels of grand narrating of conspiracy theories but still

lmao

edit; i guess it fits in that the world would probably be better situated to deal with long covid if they had remained alive, so worst possible timeline and all. still funny.

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 16:06 on Jun 16, 2022

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Antonymous posted:

some kind of looney toons contraption maybe could be to blame

Theres a CSI Las Vegas episode where the guy tied a rubber band to his gun and to the top of the chimney so when he shot himself the gun zipped up into the chimney so it'd look like murder and his family would get insurance paid out.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

sonatinas posted:

iirc it was just some kid’s musings being wealth adjacent in Southern California along with misogyny and kill fantasies

it’s been awhile since I’ve read it.

it was just straight up extreme narcissism, like he was upset and stopped hanging out with his friend because his friend didnt get over the sudden death of his mother in a week.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

wasnt there a nazi scientist that managed to figure out some sort of hormone treatment that increased the likelihood of getting twins, and that one of the german communities in south america had like an abnormal amount of twins?

probably unrelated

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
lmao that anime is on amazon prime

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

smarxist posted:

the argument got old and they lost interest :v:

lol

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
late stage empire sure is a special something :allears:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
but bill gates is still at large!! :mad:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
"how the Jeffrey Epstein story didn't kill itself"

I like that

I'll use it

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Grendel posted:

Captain van Tromp

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

cagliostr0 posted:

I've got to write an unhinged polemic on organisational change and is there one right way to do it. I'm planning to hit the academic literature with a baseball bat to the knees by using PNACs new pearl harbour and Rand corporations advice on healthcare as proof the correct way to manage organisational change when viewed in a western capitalist lense is to act with total amorality and disregard for human cost.

Aside from McKinsey and co are there other deep politics think tank atrocities you can think of?

Can't help you much with urls or names or whatever cause they all blend in my memory and your googling is probably better than mine(i've tried), but I read years and years ago that all the privatization reforms done in Sweden in regards to schools and healthcare comes from American think tanks, if you can find that it could probably be a fairly good example if shown next to graphs of Swedens rankings within OECD.

The plot of the article I remember reading was "The right-wing alliance worked with [think tank] in order to craft the reforms, [think tank] sponsorship came mainly from [usual suspect].

Of course this wasnt talked about in Sweden but was an anglo mainstream but not widely read publication

:shepface: would like to know what you find if you care to dive in

edit: oops posted to early

Found this just now
https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-64233-8_6

quote:

A large number of actors, using all three reform strategies, were involved in the Swedish statecraft. However, Machiavellian strategies dominated the process. The development and implementation of new policy ideas by policy entrepreneurs played a key role. Both Social Democratic and center-right governments were important. The process of sustained liberalization was largely incremental and pragmatic, but a paradigmatic policy shift occurred in the early 1990s.

Wonder what happened in the early 90s that made the Swedish political elite change course entirely

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 18:03 on Jul 29, 2022

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
closed loop austrian economics

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

ok, sure. epstein did 9/11.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Ive used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpzIVwoeAlc

to some success as an introductory crack/ping. I know Corbett is an ancap, but as far as they go he seems fairly harmless other than his belief that global warming is a plot to get government subsidies for green energy, which the oil barons all own. I mean the 2nd part is true but he cant seem to separate the former and latter.

I think this thread has had that discussion a couple times about how right wingers often gets facts and connections correct but misses the overall analysis because they lack the materialist worldview and how they can't imagine anything beyond capitalism. I think Corbett falls hard into that but the information he brings up is often pretty crack/ping worthy.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
re: adam curtis

I always like Scott Noble's films(http://metanoia-films.org/films/), they're kind of in the same camp

Human Resources and Psywar should be on watch lists, i mean its probably nothing new to the thread, good tho.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

What is the significance of the skirmish line of FBI agents or whoever? I guess looking at debris? Similarly, who are the people that “never existed” in the bit after that?

https://www.corbettreport.com/911-a-conspiracy-theory/

That's the transcript with sources linked to, its what you'd expect from a 9/11 video source though so prepare your psychic defenses

(It's destroyed evidence and various testimonies that contradict the commission report)

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
since thriller is brought up, what about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxNDb2PVcoM

Has anyone seen it and have thoughts on it? Been a bit since I saw it but it makes a compelling case

The music industry death clause thing is kind of intriguing as it is

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Cached Money posted:

Watched it, felt sort of bogus. It zones in on one particular accuser who is admittedly very dubious. The main "witness" they talk to is a record industry PR woman who is also a MJ fan. Then they get into some sort of plot involving NAMBLA members coaching the kid to normalize pedophilia somehow by making MJ a high profile pedo?

The thing that struck me about it was how they allowed the civil suit to predate the federal case. I don't know enough about how it usually work but I mean it makes sense that you'd hold the civil suits of until the federal case is settled.

And isn't it kind of official canon that the music industry is rooted in the mafia? Would it really be far fetched that they bribed a judge while also steering the media coverage away from the judge poor ruling?

I don't remember the NAMBLA stuff though, maybe i passed out while watching it.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

mark immune posted:

Menendez/Dersh got me thinking about the FMSF again. Who else was on that initial advisory board? You guessed it, Louis Jolyon West https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPMacCIf11k

never thought to look for a picture of him

thankful i can now more accurately picture him sloshing around inside an elephant while high on LSD

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
lmao not a hill ive planned to die on

e; just nvm not even gonna... definitely not an MJ-stan

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Aug 8, 2022

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol. I think the SLA explained their communist beliefs to patty hearst and she was like "oh poo poo, you're right", and then when she got caught her rich family arranged for the brainwashing story so they wouldn't have to admit in public that their daughter had been radicalized to the point of robbing banks

Thats the bit with The Stockholm Syndrome as well.

He was poo poo at negotiating and antagonized the bank robbers so the bank robbers explained their "gently caress the wealthy" stance to the hostages and they agreed

he makes up some poo poo about a syndrome to cover his own rear end, and on those two cases go being used to explain the other case

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Sirhan Sirhan was just the distraction so he didn't have to be a perfect Manchurian.

There was a 2nd gun(wo)man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
maybe Dasha doesnt drive an extremely hackable car like maybe Anne Heche was(i dno what she was driving)

you know like Michael Hastings