Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

It was real cool seeing a guy I know who grew up conviced the gays were gonna make pedos good next start saying Roy Moore did nothing wrong

I dunno if that's actually inconsistent. "If we let gay people marry, we'll have to allow pedophilia too" -> "Well, gay people can marry now, so..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

here's my not-so-bold prediction:

epstein is going to get off relatively lightly, live life in obscurity for the next ten years, get "exposed" again by a cancel-mentary a la R Kelly and Michael Jackson, and then we have to do this whole song and dance again

If the motivation is just the publicity that various people get from reporting/commenting on famous pedos, there's a near endless supply of those and they might draw more public interest if there's actual consequences.

But you're probably right.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

effort posting cos my gf is sick of hearing me now lol. anyway I've been reading the news coverage and the way the libs have latched onto trump going after the clinton connection, and held it up as some kind of example of why questioning the official narrative is Very Bad, is, i feel, very instructive.

at the heart of this is a fundamental conflict in peoples views of power. there is one view that is off the deep end, saying they're all reptoid aliens from nibaru, and there is the simpering lib view that the powerful are fundamentally decent people with a few bad apples. it should be obvious which one has hosed the planet and condemned us all to death, and it isn't the reptoid gang.

the correct view is that the global ruling class is a parasite entity that requires its members to engage in mutually reinforcing acts of exploitation of the lower classes, particularly the most poor and vulnerable, in order to consolidate their power and create bonds of loyalty and profitable relationships. this can be anything from destroying entire nation states for fun and profit to trafficking children across continents to be raped and tortured at dinner parties everywhere from manhattan to riyadh.

all of this is enabled and protected by a diffuse network of intelligence agencies, news outlets, journalists, academics, militaries, organised crime, law enforcement, judicial bodies, and politicians. most don't need to coordinate with each other, and some people aren't even aware they're playing this role, or pretend they aren't (they're the insufferable cunts like the jacobin guy, gaslighting his followers by waffling about epstein death being caused by neglect, or people like james ball, who pride themselves on being Sensible and Rational and Not a Buyer of Conspiracy Theories). so if the truth accidentally gets out, say the WMDs aren't real, the moderate rebels are all al qaeda, or the little kids grow up and start talking to the wrong papers, these people all have the same reflexive response, which is doing their bit to suffocate the embers before they spark an inferno. they aren't stupid, they know their history, and how and why things like the french and russian revolutions happened.

so this response runs the gauntlet from performatively rending garments and calling for inquiries and new laws, to putting 3 in a troublesome witness's head and saying they had a heart attack, to writing 1000 words of obfuscation for the new york times, to actively amplifying the most batshit theories to smear every skeptic or would be revolutionary as a crank. if a few out of favour people have to fall then it's an acceptable price to pay: the objective is to ensure this system of exploitation remains in place so everyone gets paid and everything stays the same.

*Nibiru

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

ranting with epstein brain and dyslexia, sorry fam. will amend.

It was the only thing wrong with an otherwise good post and I mostly wanted to quote it.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

cool dance moves posted:

Theres gotta be an young epstein in training right now. Someone's gotta supply the pedo ubermenschen of tomorrow. Maybe we should keep tabs on that person starting now

My brain's been stuck on the idea that maybe he agreed to kill himself in spite of wanting to live forever because they promised to clone him and try to raise the clone in exactly the same way he was, because that's the closest thing to immortality they can think of that's possible right now, and maybe the clone will live long enough to see the invention of real immortality tech.

And following that, of course the idea that they could successfully reproduce Epstein's personality is hubris, they'll probably end up with an angry rebellious kid who knows a bit too much. He might not even be a pedophile!

Anyway just had to get that out.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Frijolero posted:

I fully endorse Matt's theory that "Jeffrey Epstein" is just a facade for a massive CIA money laundering operation.

In terms of him being a "financier", it makes sense. However he was an actual flesh-and-blood person who presumably was fairly skilled at being ingratiating, and doing so while participating in something that should absolutely horrify a normal person. He probably wasn't just an interchangeable part of the machine.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

My current pet theory for how Epstein died is he tried to hang himself in the suicide-proof cell a bunch of different ways and nothing worked so they finally had to send in a guy to get it done. It could have left evidence pointing both to suicide (bedsheets, maybe video of the attempts) and to murder (broken bones).

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

If someone can even provide so much as a plausible motivation Epstein might have for suicide I'd be happy. He has blackmail on the literal most powerful people in the world and you think getting arrested was just too much for him? Even though it's happened before? Even though he went right back to what he was doing after he was released in the past? Even though he had a young girl alone with him for 3 hours in a maximum security prison?

I'm sticking to the idea that he didn't really have control over the blackmail materials. Anyway, I'm thinking they told him he either kills himself or they do it for him. Maybe they promised something for doing it. I dunno, lots of things are possible.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

WampaLord posted:

He deserves it he's usually way better than this

It's a neat little trap they've made for people like Bors whose lives depend on social media engagement, the whole "prison injustice" angle is nice and woke and lets you bandwagon on a good leftish cause. Meanwhile the other option looks like it'll tarnish your brand by associating you with conspiracy theorists, stereotypically the realm of hateful right-wing cranks.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I want to know more about the cow statue.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

also nobody but you have been assuming the assassin must have come outside the prison. this thread has rampantly speculated on the cops and a swole rear end corrupt cop prisoner lol

Or the guard who wasn't even a guard

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Sure, a normal person couldn't break their neck bones with the force of kneeling, but if you consider "the weight of his sins" to be an actual physical force I'm sure the calculations all work out, so that's that.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

twoday posted:

I left out the really crazy poo poo

I also didn’t expect anyone to actually read the whole thing

But thanks!

I just tricked you all into learning about the obscure historical stuff I’m into, my own personal psy-op

It owns, thank you.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

CODChimera posted:

So like do we have any idea what happened?

Officially, despite using his lawyers to be out of his cell 12 hours a day including some private time with a girl of indeterminate age, being imprisoned was just too much for Epstein to bear, so he used MacGuyver skills and superhuman strength to kill himself at the exact time the guards were slacking off and falsifying their schedules.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

toying with the idea that this is happening because russiagate failed to take down trump. maybe the anti trump part of the cia said gently caress it bring in epstein, limited hangout. but another pro trump part of the cia or maybe the fbi was like wtf are you insane he'll sing like a canary.

It's mainly a Miami Herald reporter who's credited with reopening the case, and a focus in her reporting was on Acosta. Maybe she was fed the story for that reason, maybe she was independent and just presented a good opportunity, either way fits reasonably with that idea.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Oh, so those are old photos that were altered to look recent. I guess she's dead after all then.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

gently caress is that maxwell pic and the photoshop poster all about tho

The poster dates the photos as being recent, because it advertises a recent movie. The ad agency has no record of running that ad there, so the assumption is it was photoshopped. The presumable reason to alter it is that the original poster would've shown the photos were taken at an earlier date.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

BREAK MY NECK INTO PIECES

I MISS MY RAPE RESORT

SUFFOCATION
NO BREATHING

NO FOUL PLAY I JUST DID IT BY KNEELING

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

smarxist posted:

the prince philip photos look like he's about to drop a mix tape

I didn't realize before that symbol on his shirt is his own personal logo lol. He had it on other shirts too.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

They can't let Epstein die, or testify, or go to prison,because if Epstein could who else might be thrown to the commoners next? No much easier to make him "dissapear" along with the indictment and court cases attached to him.

I don't totally rule out that he's alive, but I disagree with this. They made him what he was. He wasn't old money and he didn't make his own fortune, they found him and set him up to serve them. He was their tool, so there was no need for solidarity with him.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

He's been doing this since Dalton, that's 46 years. He may have started as nothing but pretending he's henchmen #4 is ridiculous, he was clearly deeply connected to the operation.

Yes, he was deeply connected to the operation, not directly to them. And if they needed to shut down the operation because it was too compromised, there goes that connection.

Think about how the rich make bonds with each other (aside from blackmail). If his fortune wasn't really his, he couldn't really make his own business deals, they'd involve the people he was working for. Apparently no one was willing to sacrifice a daughter to marry him in. What else? Why would they think of him more highly than something like a loyal butler?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Doesn't seem like any of the photos actually identify the book. A minor detail, but who knows, maybe the boost in sales was a reward for somebody?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The children of our politicians are infamous for being spoiled trash who get everything handed to them on a platter while waving their fingers at the poor dying in the gutter and going on about personal responsibility.

But this is a new loving low.

Having difficulty processing this.

The rich and powerful are cruel to their own kids. It's part of raising them to believe they deserve what they have, because they've overcome hardships.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

So in that interview he says the first time he met Epstein was in James Goldsmith's New York mansion, in the early 70s. If he's not being too loose with "early", that would be about the time it seems like Epstein was possibly discovered i.e. when he was at the Dalton School. I dunno much about Goldsmith but it's interesting that he was involved with Epstein that early on, and he had British and French connections too.

Also that's at least a couple different nicknames we've heard for the island, the 2008 interview had "Little St. Jeff's" and this has "the Isle of Babes".

And lol the fake art thing.

quote:

Jeffrey was amused to have in his house fake art which looked like real art. Because of the fact that he was putting one over, so to speak. He thought that he was—how do you describe that? When you walked into this house, for example, there was a Max Weber or something like that, and it was a fake. And it amused him that people didn’t realize that. He was able to furnish his house with the fake paintings. Jeffrey had a collection of underage Rodins, for example, because what difference does it make if it’s real or not real? And if the real one costs nothing and the expensive one—it doesn’t make a difference. He was amused to put one over on the world by having fake art. He thought that he was seeing through the fallacy.

So would you say this was a pattern with him, that he would sort of pretend to be interested in science and pretend to be interested in art, but it was really all surface level?

Yeah. Let’s put it that way.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

LMAO there's a JFK Jr. connection, this is so stupid.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Correction on Celona wrt the flight logs:

https://twitter.com/neilkli/status/1165105850165399552

https://twitter.com/neilkli/status/1165279428827602948

Still interesting how many scoops he gets, but maybe he's not that suspicious.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

twoday posted:

As the person who broke all those stories (especially the fake Maxwell photos, what the hell was that), he still has a place on the cork board

It doesn't seem like Celona was on that In-N-Out story, that's credited to Sara Nathan and Mara Siegler. The NY Post in general is pretty suspect, and he's part of that.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

The_Rob posted:

I mean it’s recent to us. why frame the poster in the picture when it’s pretty easy to verify if that poster was there or not.

It was "easy" to verify in that it only took a few days, but that's enough time to move while people are looking the other way.

Honestly I was thinking she was already dead, but looking at the timing here, I'm starting suspect she actually was at Borgerson's house and felt like that cover was blown.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

They were driving the tapes back, but they hit an unusually large bump in the road and the tapes went flying out of the bed of their pickup, miraculously landing in a perfect stack tall enough to attract a bolt of lighting, which fried the tapes and melted the plastic casing down into a figurine of Jeffrey Epstein grinning and shrugging.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

inferis posted:

no i read it but like, you can just draw jimmy buffett on the island saying “some people claim that there's a woman to blame/now i think hell it could be my fault” and it’s somehow political commentary?

Yeah, that's just right-wing political "humor".

gently caress

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

power word- Jeb! posted:

while this is hilarious if im smuggling a well connected person out of the us its gonna be on an oligarchs private jet or yacht or something

It makes some sense to take a passenger flight instead if you're paranoid about being shot down in a private jet.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

about 3000 iirc

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Feranon posted:

aw gently caress i just remembered the whole thing about disney movies where the underwater kingdom was made of dicks in the little mermaid, and in aladdin there's a subliminal whisper going "kids take off your clothes"

not to mention ALL your girls in disney movies including the teenage ones are clearly drawn while horny. blaming anime for perverts is a misdirection bc anime was just copying disney the whole time

it's all true... it's all been true the whole time :magemage:

:hmmyes:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/MONGO
He spends a lot of time on "September 11 attacks" and "Construction of the World Trade Center" but not nearly as much time as he spends on "Collapse of the World Trade Center" (click "Older 50")

From his user talk:

Also:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Seriously, if you have a virtual Linux box anywhere in the cloud, it could run a 6 line shell script on cron and reset every time you visit a web page.

Email links to predefined addresses after 2 weeks without visiting.

Any dumbass sysadmin could set it up in an afternoon

The problem would be ensuring that no one else could keep your deadman's switch alive, wouldn't it? Especially if you assume your enemies are going to have physical control of your devices when you're dead.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Trying to satirize sick loving American patriarchal expats' abusive behavior in subjugated countries is the exact same thing as being the abuser yourself, of course.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Satanists are an op, grays and UFOs are an op, but what about Bigfoot? He never hurt anybody.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Serf posted:

thinking aliens aren't visiting when on this very page we have visual proof of aliens loving with human fighter pilots

Why are they aliens and not MIC prototype money-sinks that can do one or two weird tricks but are otherwise useless and cost too much?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Not necessarily saying the MIC doesn't have secret alien tech they use in those projects, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Calibanibal posted:

Stanford prison experiment terminated prematurely after one of the mock guards bonked a mock prisoner with a foam baton, shattering their skull and pulping their brain

Ah drat, if only they had more supervision and mental health training to recognize the prisoner was suicidal.