Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
I believe in cuppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

gh0stpinballa posted:

i got another book for "y'all", part of my research, it is called the dirty war by martin dillon. it concerns the troubles and how MI5 dealt w the IRA. as i said before, gladio was an invention of the british and somehow the CIA took sole credit/blame for it. anyway have a read about this guy and the kincara boys home and tell me you don't get crack ping epstein dutroux vibes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Wallace

haha I live about 5 mins away from Kincora boys home and my brain is cracking and pinging like gently caress right now. could you go into a bit more detail about the book and about how the Troubles fits into the whole "epstein extended universe" if that's OK? testing ground for Gladio type poo poo? i mean yeah Kincora was obviously some honeypot type thing, does the book name any big names? i suppose I'll have to grab it myself

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://ansionnachfionn.com/2016/12/19/britains-acronyms-of-terror-general-frank-kitson-and-the-mrf-sru-and-fru/

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/99961?userlanguage=ga&save_prefs=true

https://thebrokenelbow.com/2017/10/02/why-did-john-le-carre-never-send-george-smiley-to-belfast/amp/

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...975444?mode=amp

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://villagemagazine.ie/https-villagemagazine-ie-anglo-irish-vice-ring-online-book/

Hey gh0stpinballa it was you who was posting about Kincora earlier in the thread, right? I found this book online which gets really deep into it, haven't had a chance to read it myself yet but you might find it interesting

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

gh0stpinballa posted:

wow that andrew WK article is incredible. what are some good philosophers who talk about identity, reality, simulation etc, i am a novice but that article makes me feel like i need to expand my philosophical understanding to really grapple w the syndikkkate.

You might wanna check out Baudrillard but you probably won't understand it unless you understand a bunch of inscrutable French "theory" first which would require an understanding of at least Hegel which would require an understanding of at least Kant which would require an understanding of at least Hume... etc. But maybe just try and read some Baudrillard for fun anyway

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
So I'm currently having a bit of a back-and-forth with my friend about the DARPA-developed covid detection microchip thing that's supposedly coming out, does anyone have any articles they could share that lay out in clear terms why DARPA is a nefarious organisation and we should instinctual distrust any thing they do? I mean, obviously we all know it deep in our hearts but it's been surprisingly difficult to find any "smoking guns" during my cursory Google searches. Thanks

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

DARPA has always been evil, but the covid detector they developed is more of a mood ring than a microchip.

Fair enough, so it's like, they don't want to literally put microchips in us, but even still, given DARPA, couldn't the mood ring or whatever still serve sole sort of nefarious purpose. Idk, I just feel so uneasy about it, but I can't really articulate why. I know DARPA are evil (unfortunately I can't think of any concrete examples off my head apart from the aforementioned Boston Dynamics connection), so shouldn't I feel there's something more to this than they're letting on? Or am I just being paranoid

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Thaks everyone! Feel quite a bit more reassured now

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

Charles Lieber was arrested in January 2020 in connection with work he was doing in Wuhan for George Church and Martin Nowak, geneticists who received 6.5 million USD from Jeffrey Epstein as a grant to the Program for Evolutionary Dynamics, whose research topics included virus dynamics

I feel like this isn't being talked about enough in the Epstein thread because, um, wtf? Like Epstein could possibly be the link between covid and all the sketchy Gates Foundation pandemic stuff (vaccine landlordism, buying up all the oxygen in the weeks before the pandemic hit, etc.) I know I'm going full tinfoil here, but anybody got any more of that good poo poo?

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-06-12/cdc-s-failure-on-covid-is-lesson-for-next-pandemic

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

nut posted:

lol at the blind faith in private interests 2 save us, but lmao @ the pivot at the end of this quote

Lolling at the reference to Zika in light of the effort post you made in this thread recently. That's another big ol crack ping for sure

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
I don't really understand computer security, antivirus software, PROMIS, or anything at all really, so please take this with a massive pinch of salt:

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1137777348919681024?s=19

I'm thinking about this tweet, specifically in reference to the 31 terabytes of "files on corruption in governments" he claims to have collected. Wasn't McAfee one of the first antivirus guys? Like this is just me completely speculating, but is it possible that he was using his antivirus software to harvest a fuckload of data from (influential / powerful / rich) people's computers before most laymen had any real idea about how computer security really worked?

Basically, could this have been some kind of PROMIS/Inslaw type thing? And was that tweet a threat, and could the release of these files be a deadman's switch? I can't stop thinking about Epstein, Maxwell, PROMIS etc. in relation to all of this, I don't know why...

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

DOMELORD420 posted:

I see what you're saying, but it's more likely someone just sent him information rather than him being a hyper genius info hacker. the guy was a nutjob crypto millionaire, not Neo.

Right, but didn't he make most of his money by developing one of the first antivirus programs and selling it on to Intel for a few billion dollars?

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Marzzle posted:

at a time you could hack whatever with just a web browser and a knowledge of SQL

Sure, but then couldn't his whole shtick have been "Hey, your computer with all your precious files on it is extremely easy to hack! Install my software on it which will make it impossible to hack!" and then he just siphons all the data anyway?

Idk, I don't really have a clue about anything IT-related, just cracking and pinging in the Epstein thread

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Who antiviruses the antivirus?

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Lmao so he grew up on an army base, developed the first antivirus software while paranoid as poo poo due to excessive LSD abuse, and made millions selling said software to Fortune 500 companies all over the USA? Dude was an op for sure

*edit* he was also severely abused by his father while living on the army base. His father ended up committing suicide

multistability has issued a correction as of 15:46 on Jun 24, 2021

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Lmao you posted this at the exact same time as I edited my post. I think Jung termed this sort of coincidental happening "synchronicity", what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal symptoms etc.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
I'm losing my mind

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Perry Mason Jar posted:

That is not the exclusive use of synchronicity in Jungian theory. Also Jung was definitely wrong about it being a cause of symptoms - it's a feature (pattern recognition and meaning-significance-attachment) of psychosis writ large.

I know, I know. I was just referencing a certain infamous fyad post for a laugh. Keep posting the good stuff brothers, this is the most I've crackpinged in a while. Feels good

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
@ghostpinballa I don't have platinum so I can't PM but are you still looking into the Troubles (the "strategy of tension" in Italy literally began the same year lmao), Operation Clockwork Orange, Kincora, etc.? I'm from Belfast and have been looking into it myself (two people who have tried to look into Kincora have been assassinated by paramilitaries for example). A bunch of my family were Official IRA ("stickies") back in the day and the whole thing imo was like this thread in a microcosm. Pedophilia (Kincora), sexual blackmail, paramilitary deaths quads, psy-ops (Colin Wallace) etc. I'm drunk as poo poo but hit me up if you wanna talk about this poo poo

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

nut posted:

can’t u guys just keep talking about it here? :unsmith:

multistability has issued a correction as of 01:07 on Jun 25, 2021

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Idk how to post images directly to SA

multistability has issued a correction as of 01:07 on Jun 25, 2021

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

use image tags. Like, your embedded link automatically gets [url] tags added to them. Just use [img] tags instead.

Just use the edit button on your post to see what I mean and how it works. You can click on the BBcode link at the side of your posting window to see all the codes you can use too.

Cheers man, but it keeps saying 'file type invalid', I'll try and figure a way out

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Right click the picture on imgur, open in new tab, copy the pictures url, paste to SA post window, click preview reply instead of submit reply, it will automatically add [url] tags to the front and the back of the link, delete both the front [url]https:// and the back [/url] to say [timg] and [/timg] instead

Lol very straightforward

Thank you!

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Mola Yam posted:

domestic laddie-o

Great pun but laddie is a Scottish thing and as an Irish person I love the Scots but no

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Really hoping this isn't some dumb Qanon bullshit but Lol

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

multistability posted:

I don't really understand computer security, antivirus software, PROMIS, or anything at all really, so please take this with a massive pinch of salt:

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1137777348919681024?s=19

I'm thinking about this tweet, specifically in reference to the 31 terabytes of "files on corruption in governments" he claims to have collected. Wasn't McAfee one of the first antivirus guys? Like this is just me completely speculating, but is it possible that he was using his antivirus software to harvest a fuckload of data from (influential / powerful / rich) people's computers before most laymen had any real idea about how computer security really worked?

Basically, could this have been some kind of PROMIS/Inslaw type thing? And was that tweet a threat, and could the release of these files be a deadman's switch? I can't stop thinking about Epstein, Maxwell, PROMIS etc. in relation to all of this, I don't know why...

Just gonna repost this because this is the crack ping thread after all. But is it not possible that he could have possibly siphoned off enough compromat to basically solidify his hold over various actors both inside and outside the McAfee Corporation, after he formally stepped away? And if that's the case, would he not then be able to use that intel as leverage in various ways? It's kinda weird how they still kept the McAfee name after all the crazy poo poo started coming out about him (well after Intel briefly changed it when they acquired the company for billions of dollars), is it not?

Idk, again I don't have a loving clue about how any of this poo poo works, really, and am happy to be schooled, because I fear for my sanity at this point

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Quietly lolling to myself thinking about how Intel's name is Intel. I'm sure it's nothing

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Azathoth posted:

The problem with the McAfee software doing that kind of thing over that kind of a timescale is that it's hard to keep that kind of thing from being noticed, either by someone internally looking over code or by someone externally looking at how said software functions.

It's the kind of thing that, if it were happening, would be periodically discovered by programmers, software testers, and independent security researchers (who absolutely look at popular antivirus software for vulnerability and other shenanigans), along with needing to be known by internal teams so they didn't break the functionality, and by a sufficiently high level of management that no one questions the resources necessary to maintain that functionality.

The only way such a level of secrecy would be possible is if the entire company is in on it, and had government backing to keep outside researchers quiet. Basically, the reverse, saying that a popular antivirus is actually developed and run by an intelligence agency front company, for this sole purpose.

That I could buy as theoretically possible, though even then, we have real world examples of very targeted and well hidden software written by intelligence agencies being discovered, though granted it did take years.

It seems far more likely to me that McAfee, if he has anything at all, obtained it from leakers who became connected to him because of his well-known anti-government views.

I just don't see how McAfee could have exerted the kind of influence necessary to keep an implementation like that secret for nearly more than two decades, nor how he could keep independent researchers quiet.

Yeah makes sense when you put it that way. No way he coulda remained undetected for so long

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Pipski posted:

dunno where the Express got that from, Sajid Javid is the new Health Sec.

Change the JAs in Sajid Javid's name to COs and it becomes an anagram of Covid Disco
:tinfoil:

Also an anagram of coronavirus is IRA v RUC soon

multistability has issued a correction as of 22:56 on Jun 26, 2021

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

gh0stpinballa posted:

Yeah, I keep going back to it ever now and again. I had never considered the troubles/years of lead point before but now that you mention it...Jesus.

What is the book you're screenshotting there?

It isn't a book, I'm basically just posting quotes from a huge Google docs file I've compiled, mostly pulled from the Lobster magazine, among various other sources

I'm working on an effort post about 'the Troubles-as-UK-Gladio' btw, I should hopefully have it done in the next few days

multistability has issued a correction as of 23:02 on Jun 26, 2021

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Riot Bimbo posted:

I mean that read certainly fits inside

“The history of all hitherto existing societies is the history of class struggles”

So yeah i guess so. Terrible. Neat.

Mark Fisher, 'Exiting the Vampire Castle’ posted:

"The actual ruling class propagates ideologies of individualism, while tending to act as a class. (Many of what we call ‘conspiracies’ are the ruling class showing class solidarity.)" 

Lobster, issue 1, p. 20 posted:

“[C]onspiracy is merely the traditional behaviour of the … ruling class - only systematised slightly. Instinctively secretive, screened from public scrutiny by its control of the mass media, and from academic investigation by its control of the universities, in a sense the … ruling class is the most successful 'conspiracy' ever seen.”

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

multistability posted:

It isn't a book, I'm basically just posting quotes from a huge Google docs file I've compiled, mostly pulled from the Lobster magazine, among various other sources

I'm working on an effort post about 'the Troubles-as-UK-Gladio' btw, I should hopefully have it done in the next few days

Alright I'm gonna post what I've got so far. I'm lazy as hell so there's gonna be no editorialising but I'm just gonna post screenshots of my raw research so far

Basically my working theory is that the Troubles was Britain's version of the Years of Lead (this is the DOMESTIC Gladio thread after all). Consider the following: the most-agreed on start dates for each of these "strategies of tension" was 1969. I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Anyway:

Anyway, does any of this even make sense? Again, this is all just a bunch of quotes I've pulled from the research I've been doing (they're all in quotation marks and the sources are at the bottom of the quotes). Gonna use it as the raw material to advance my theory if there's any merit to it

Addendum: I haven't even touched on the Kincora scandal which was a Epstein-like intelligence service honeypot operation that took place in the midst of the Troubles. Consider that two people who have tried to investigate what really happened at Kincora have ended up being assassinated by paramilitary death squads:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...-1981-1.3975444

https://www.irishnews.com/news/nort...on-sale-1639048

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/lyra-mckee-book-on-ira-killings-was-due-to-be-published-weeks-after-her-death/

(Funnily enough, these murders were committed by the Provisional IRA and its offshoot the Real IRA, respectively. I may be a bit biased here since my family were all Official IRA but imo I find it suspicious as gently caress).

Another funny thing that might crackping a few brains in the Epstein thread specifically:

“the MRF was operating the Four Square mobile laundry service in West Belfast to gather intelligence through surveillance and forensic testing on clothes. On 2 October 1972, the IRA attacked the Four Square laundry van on the Twinbrook estate, killing the driver, 21-year-old Sapper Ted Stuart. His colleague Lance Corporal Sarah Jane Warke of the Royal Military Police escaped. At the same time, other IRA units attacked two offices linked to the MRF: one above a massage parlour at 397 Antrim Road, and the other at College Square East, but succeeded only in wounding a bystander. According to Martin Dillon, the IRA did not realise that the massage parlour was itself an MRF intelligence-gathering operation.”
https://powerbase.info/index.php/Military_Reaction_Force 

Somebody has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Jun 30, 2021

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Delta-Wye posted:

i def didn't read book.jpg, its like 4 words per line, 8 lines per scroll on my desktop pc monitor. text is a p. good way to store & transmit text imho

I'm too drunk to reformat it sorry

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

nomad2020 posted:

Unreviewed machine converted text.

E: oops, that's only one chapter of book.jpg

ok, so what I've done is used my mobile phone to screenshot pics from a google docs file and uploaded the images to imgur. i guess this is unreadable to people on PC monitors for some reason? although im on my laptp now and it looks fine (if a bit oversized - but still completely readable to me, idk) to me. is there somethign i can easily do to fix this? (i am very lazy)

does this work?: https://imgur.com/a/DIumclP

multistability has issued a correction as of 00:18 on Jun 30, 2021

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I can thumbnail all those for you real quick if you want me to

Thank you! I would appreciate that a lot

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

:respek:

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

"the Provisional IRA was a UK intelligence op" is a conspiracy too far out for me

Fun fact: Seán Mac Stíofáin (born John Edward Drayton Stephenson in London, England) attained the rank of corporal in the Royal Air Force before founding the Provisional IRA

“the MRF operation was under the auspices of 39 Infantry Brigade and had been devised by Frank Kitson, who had left the province in April after having shaped the structure of the new force. The MRF was composed of several elements. The first was a group of regular soldiers who were divided into four-man units comprising a junior officer, a sergeant and two privates. They operated in plain clothes and drove civilian cars. The section to which Wright was attached was known as the 'Freds' and was composed of members of Republican and Loyalist paramilitary organisations who had been 'turned' by Special Branch and Army intelligence.” (The Dirty War, Martin Dillon, p. 37)

“On his appointment in 1970 to command 39 Brigade in Belfast, Kitson had received the approval of his superiors to set up the MRF. He recruited 'turned' IRA members , nicknamed the 'Freds', who were sent to live in a British Army married quarters at Palace Barracks in Holywood, east Belfast. The undercover unit started out as a handful of soldiers under the command of a captain who operated only in Brigadier Kitson's area of responsibility and were known by the nick name of the 'Bomb Squad'. The name Mobile Reconnaissance Force was only given several weeks after the soldiers had begun to operate.” (Big Boys Rules, Mark Urban, p. 36)

Also Google Freddie Scappaticci ("Stakeknife") and the Force Research Unit

Also I want to reiterate: the two people who were most heavily involved in investigating the Kincora scandal were conveniently murdered by the Provisional IRA and the Real IRA, respectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Since this is the Epstein thread, I figured I'd try n get this thread back on track a bit:

Lobster, issue 8, p. 39 posted:

[Bernie] Silver, it is said, organised the recruitment of prostitutes who worked in Northern Ireland on behalf of British intelligence.

https://villagemagazine.ie/the-anglo-irish-vice-ring-chapters-4-7/ posted:

Her Majesty’s spies decided they needed eyes and ears in Belfast and Derry to learn what was happening in Loyalist and Nationalist communities. Hence in the early 1970s they organised the establishment of ‘massage’ parlours and a number of brothels in Belfast which were fitted with hidden microphones and 35mm Olympus cameras. The Gemini Health Studio located on the Antrim Road, catered for heterosexual clients while the Gardenia on the Stranmillis Road attracted gay men. The Gemini opened its doors in the summer of 1970 promising “very attractive masseuses’ in advertisements in Belfast newspapers. A more upmarket brothel was located on the Malone Road. The operation was directed from offices in Churchill House, Government Building in Belfast. The objective was to gather information and recruit informers through blackmail.  Bernie Silver, the vice king of Soho, helped set them up. He was flown into Belfast in 1970 and taken in an MoD vehicle to Lisburn where the general objective of the operation was discussed. Over the next ten days he scouted Belfast with bodyguards looking for suitable premises to convert into brothels and massage parlours and advised his intelligence partners how they should be run. On his return to London, Silver set about recruiting prostitutes for the establishment. The girls he selected were warned that they would be taking part in a risky but rewarding enterprise. The impression most of them got was that they would be entertaining British officers. They paid well above the going rates with their money going directly into UK bank accounts. The prostitutes were required to sign the Official Secrets Act and Silver was allowed to keep a large part of the money paid to them. The sparsely decorated Gemini was run by two Catholics who had been recruited by the MRF (a branch of military intelligence), a man and wife. For the sake of appearance, it had a rudimentary gym, sauna, and a solarium, which were rarely if ever used. Most clients headed for the dimly lit corridor flanked by a string of curtained cubicles. Inside there were iron-framed beds, wooden chairs and wardrobes. More significantly, large two-way mirrors were hung on the wall to hide cameras which took pictures of the customers in flagrante delicto. The other establishments were more plush with soft lighting and thick pile carpets. Here, targets waited for the prostitutes in a lounge and were served cocktails or coffee free of charge. All the rooms were fitted with concealed microphones. Conversations were recorded by operators in the attic. The spies also took pictures of various bedrooms, using remote controlled 35mm Olympus cameras. These were fitted with what were then quite sophisticated technology: the cameras had battery-powered motors so that  after the shutter had been fired electrically, it wound the film to the next frame. To cover any sound from the mechanisms, the bedrooms had music piped to them. In March 1971, a masseuse working at the Gemini managed to get a Belfast SDLP councillor to reveal the names of the IRA men who had murdered three young Royal Highland Fusiliers. The identities of those apparently responsible were known inside the Catholic community but it had not yet been penetrated by British informers, at least not to any appreciable extent.

"The Troubles" (Years of Lead / Strategy of Tension much???) really did have a bit of everything going on!