Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

animist posted:

hate to be the "evidence" guy but could use a little more material than this to refute all of modern psychology

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/basics/replication-crisis

The big one is a whole lot of the priming papers which forms the justification for poo poo like implicit bias training are complete garbage

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/rabble-rouser/201602/are-most-published-social-psychology-findings-false

cagliostr0 has issued a correction as of 07:47 on Mar 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

paul_soccer12 posted:

the 9 "saudi what? who?" /11 commission

The 9/11 'suspicious trading patterns in the hours leading up to the attack are not Germain to the enquiry' report

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

SurgicalOntologist posted:

very true, I've been on all sides of that (student, technician, researcher) and basically no one takes it seriously and everyone is more or less from the same socio-economic background (not only university student, but more specifically freshman in psych 1)

IMO the bigger problem is the statistics. Psych and other fields rely on a statistical method where (to oversimplify) if your theory is wrong, there is still a 5% chance that the results will confirm it. That sounds fine, if 5% of studies are wrong, maybe it's unavoidable. But when you consider that researchers will discard negative results and keep trying until they confirm their theory, and journals will reject negative results and accept positive ones, especially if the results are "surprising", then it could be that those 5% of studies that are wrong are specifically the ones more likely to be published.

Imagine if every single psychology theory in the world is wrong. Every single experiment is based on a hypothesis that is incorrect. In this hypothetical, still 5% of those studies would (incorrectly) confirm their hypothesis. And those 5% would be the studies that get published, rather than the 95% of studies in which "insufficient evidence was found to confirm the hypothesis". We could very well be in this scenario where no one knows anything but still 5% of studies show a positive result only by chance, and those are the studies that people talk about.

That doesn't even get into the problem that a lot of 'science' fields like social psych, economics and epidemiology are rife with P hacking

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Trabisnikof posted:

The boring but true okc conspiracy is that it was obviously a conspiracy amongst the christian extremists that the FBI covered up because they didn’t want the blowback from doing another waco at elohim city or admit they didn’t catch everyone involved

The interesting and probably just as true conspiracy is about the “third suspect” and a man who looked like him who died while being tortured by the fbi.

OKC was domestic gladio. McVey was sheep dipped and got accidentally rumbled by that camera man

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Aside from the government did all of them and blamed patsies is there a link between OKC and the Boston bombing.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Is that the new 'help I just escaped from Kevin Spaceys basement'

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Well it's a good thing there were never any assassinations in Yugoslavia right

Imagine if the key proponent of Serb self determination was assassinated by a Serb, wouldn't that be a whacky thing that would lead to chaos!

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Bathtub Cheese posted:

the far right (which is often a quasi-state actor because of how infiltrated these groups get) actively grooms isolated young men for radicalization anywhere they can get a platform online

The Boston bombing is the clearest case of this. Identifying disaffected young men, actively pursuing them to commit an act they had no intention of committing and providing the necessary equipment, then murdering anyone who could out the op post sortie.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

mawarannahr posted:

Brown Moses probably had to/enthusiastically described everything about the forums to his handlers

The thing that cracks my ping is was BM already a CIA asset during the phone hacking scandal. A gently caress Tom of stuff about corrupt policing came out but he more or less dropped it all the second Louise Mensch suicide bombed the select committee report. The most broke brained Russia gate resister was a Tory hack who dove on a grenade for Murdoch.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Let me tell you how the field that through decades of academic dishonesty gave you the concept of priming which at this point is so ingrained in leftist culture you have the SNP moving forward a bill to criminalise the possession of spicy memes is actually not an insane hellfont spewing toxic waste over modern life.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I don't know about all that but the controlled demolition story sounds like something tacked on to make everyone sound even crazier.

Anyone with a reasonable grasp of building design and steel structure mechanics can realise that the controlled destruction idea about building 1 and 2 are a joke, but no good reason has been presented for building 7. Especially considering what it contained.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Demon Semen posted:

What did building 7 contain?

The cia station where all the middle East terrorism Intel went to get hidden from policy makers and the SEC Central servers which held rafts of data on wall st financial crime.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Backweb posted:

Well that's a revelation.

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised about the rat lines and poo poo.

American propaganda likes to pretend "defeating Nazism" and "winning WWII" were the same thing. We always ignore that America had a ton of homegrown Nazis before the war. The war effort put them into jobs to help ensure a victory, sure, but why would they disappear afterwards?

Russia and the UK had already won by the time the US showed up. The only thing the US won in WW2 was the bad sportsmanship award for dropping two nukes on a country they already knew were preparing to surrender.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Backweb posted:

lol I get it. How many?

With regards to Bush-Clinton-Perot in 1992, Perot was at one point leading in the polls against both Bush and Clinton. He definitely siphoned away votes from Bush.

Perot was retired Navy, a tech founder and investor in silicon valley, a big proponent of the MIA/POW issue (which I believe was at some point coopted by government agencies, and was used to extend the war while it was still ongoing), and his running mate was retired Vice Admiral James Stockdale (MIA/ POW himself). Not that it means he was spooked up, but Perot was thoroughly a part of the system and would benefit the MIC.

Essentially the MIC had 3 darlings instead of 2.

Perots entire campaign was one big crack ping especially when unidentified covert forces started threatening his family if he didn't withdraw from the race

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

mawarannahr posted:

I imagine he was demonstrating to the children possible misspellings of his name. I’m sure I’ve seen a teacher with a similarly exotic name do something like that. relax

A Jewish name in a high society new York school sure is exotic

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
If the rise of the alt-right on 4chan was an op, then doesn't that logically follow that tying together Jim Sterling and total biscuits anti press corruption and consumer advocacy movement with the Zoe post to create gamergate was also an OP. Then that would follow that Milo was a limited hangout.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Dan Schneider deserves a post.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

I'm not willing to be a 9/11 truther but the anthrax stuff was blatantly a false flag that has been forgotten.

Imo there is a big difference between the 'jet fuel can't melt steel beams' idiots and the 'it was a way to deal with a lot of problems and get rich simultaneously' style of truthing

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
If you have done anything involving fire systems engineering and the effect of temperature on the Young's modulus of metals you can easily figure out metal doesn't need to be molten to stop being structurally sound. Especially when you start removing members from a system.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

In that Biden has already decided to pull troops out of Afghanistan and is probably looking for somewhere new to park them, sure.

Lol Afghanistan is JFK documents level of Charlie Brown and the football

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The effect of Trumpism on the long-running viability of American empire is pretty severely underappreciated. You're never gonna be able to find effective agents among a pool of purely self-interested troglodytes, because service to empire means believing in something greater than yourself. Only liberals are stupid enough to believe in America as a project anymore.

That's not to say the trogs won't serve or anything, they'd just all end up like Richard Welch.

Calling strasserism trumpism kinda misses basically everything from Carter onwards in western political development. The notional leftist parties gradually excising organised Labor from the political process left a void that was going to be filled by somebody. Front National, Lega Nord, the BNP etc laid the groundwork for economic populist far right leaders and but until Trump stepped up to the plate nobody in the US seemed to comprehend that there was a huge voter base who would vote for anyone who would stand up and say 'i will get your jobs back and punish the wealthy elites keeping you down'.

Now if you look at basically any western democracy centre left parties are collapsing and the majority of the voters aren't going to the more left parties that focus on identity politics and social justice, they are doing what anybody with a family and local community does and focuses on securing humane material conditions for their social circle. Immigration to a poor factory worker only becomes a meaningful political issue when their boss is bussing in foreigners they can pay lower wages to. Trying to explain to a retrenched machinist that a scab is actually as much of a victim as they are just makes them think you are another boss trying to gently caress them over.

Since the CIA is an arm of the global elites control apparatus they need to find operatives who believe in idpol but not ecpol to help ensure the continuance of their actions. As a result the sort of ad they are running now is targeting exactly who you want it your goal is preservation of the current finance hegemon. This is also why there is such a concerted push currently to discredit right wing organisations amongst the people most responsible for setting up and supporting them. Young right wing populists are becoming unmoored from the process and seizing control as can be observed with Liz Cheney getting owned.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I didn't though? :confused:

More of a general statement really. Trumpism basically is strasserism but a lot of the American commentary on Trump's effect on national political thought and behaviour seems to pretend strasserism isn't something that exists.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Backweb posted:

So speaking of unmoored young right wing populists, civil rights lawyer Nancy Erika Smith was on MSNBC talking about the Matt Gaetz and Greenberg scandal.

New leaks indicate the Gaetzcrew were Epsteining it up, creating fake IDs, having minors who conveniently had fake IDs (hmm) fly to islands in the Bahamas, pressuring them to do drugs, having group sex, etc.

https://youtu.be/q8aLMOBoUIM

Smith starts describing the allegations at 4:11 and name drops Epstein at 4:24.

Lmao RIP

At least he is getting his wish of gaetzgate

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

smarxist posted:

Lil Nas X just dropped a new song and its blowing up, quick, fire up the weird culture bots!

god i'd love to know who wrote this and green lit this, who pays them, what are their org meetings like, i have so many questions :allears:

Compromising phones to loop play songs on Spotify has been a rap game grift for a while now. I'm not surprised they are using Twitter bots too

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Bill Gates is also in the group of elites who want to do radical mass depopulation. Climate change will help advance that goal.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

comedyblissoption posted:

the gates-epstein-mit financial connection is just the tip of the iceberg right lol

You should check out the edge group billionaires dinner.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Marzzle posted:

who else is at the edge group billionaires dinner?

It's a who's who, plenty of cracking shots of people like musk and Bezos hugging jizzlane for example.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
So what's the thread consensus on the frazzledrip video, Anthony Weiner and the investigating officer who did the investigation of his laptop committing suicide.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This was God doing a mercy killing. Her name was literally Gwen Shamblin.

Her cult was a combination self-help program and non-denominational church. Her spiritual diet plan was that whenever you feel hungry, you should just read the Bible instead. Now here's the funny part:
Rejecting the Trinity happens all the time with non-denominational churches that are effectively the vanity project of a charismatic preacher. The Trinity is just too much for them to wrap their heads around, so they just substitute their own beliefs instead. Even though belief in the Trinity is a prerequisite for being Christian in the first place.

I mean kinda but trinitarianism isn't intrinsic to Christianity. Like Arius of Alexandria or the monophysites or the traditionalist eastern orthodox Christians who dispute the 4th century ecumenical councils are just as Christian as the Catholics. You don't have to get into Seppo bullshit like Jehovah's witnesses or Mormons to get non trinitarianism.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

Twitter finally catching up to this thread's knowledge of the Veiled Prophet and Ellie Kemper being one of the pageant winners

I enjoy Twitter thinking the veiled prophet is just some clan thing and not an obvious deep state proto edge group billionaires dinner

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

scary ghost dog posted:

ellie kemper is still really cute and a funny actor

And also a clan adjacent canal member

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I fully believe that what the elites get up to is worse than anyone, including Alex Jones, thinks because a film considered so mindbendingly absurdly horrific that it had to be a creepypasta turned out to not only exist but be distributed enough to have had a concept album created from audio samples of it.

So yeah every satanic ritual abuse conspiracy is real
The Weiner laptop containing snuff films conspiracy is real

Get me a cork board and some string so I can find a connection between Hilary Clinton and Peter Scully

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Delta-Wye posted:

ill bite, what concept album?

Pseudoscorpion

Legitimately don't try and find it, idk about where you live but here if you actually manage to find it you are going to jail.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

I mean you can go to Wikipedia and look up Peter Scully, then you can end up at pseudoscorpion by following through the legal cases and finding the guy who made it who is an early 20s associate of his.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
As soon as you find out who Peter Scully is and what he was doing, especially the pricing, you will probably eye emoji out of your chair, down the stairs and into the street

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

DOMELORD420 posted:

im glad i looked up the Peter Scully wiki before looking any further, I don't need any of that in my life. my only remaining curiosity is what genre of music is this "pesudoscorpion" album?

I don't know what genre. I noped out pretty hard after I discovered that not only did somebody like Peter Scully exist, but there is more than one of them.

Yeah its FUBAR poo poo and I specifically didn't go into to much detail because its hosed up even by ep-thread standards. There is a persistent rumour some of his content was on Weiner's laptop.

Long and the short of it between Scully and the korean telegram numbers rooms, basically every 'this isn't actually real' story about what does and doesn't exist regarding red rooms is wrong.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Delta-Wye posted:

No one describes the music in the concept album. Is it disco? R&B? Bluegrass?

The only way to know what it sounds like involves being in possession of some of the most illegal poo poo in existence so I am not really shocked nobody can say what genre it is.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

nut posted:

the Nth Room scandal and it was about chat rooms in telegram selling horrible images and videos of women to a very large number of south korean men

That's not quite accurate, it was live streams with donation goals. Actual real red rooms.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
TFW the only person in government willing to ask why NIH was funding gain of function research in China while it was banned domestically doesn't know how many days there are in June

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Shear Modulus posted:

everyone else is smart enough to know that the answer as to why the government was funding it in china is exactly because it was banned in the US. of course the US government is going to want to fund research into creating superviruses, spending taxpayer money on deadly weapons is kind of its thing

There are plenty of places you could be funding it that aren't literal antagonists to your hegemonic interests. It seems insane to be helping China develop bioweapons when you are gearing up for a conflict with them.