Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

celebrated the arrest in a group text this morning and a couple of friends were incredibly glib; one’s first reaction was a defense of Stephen Pinker’s reputation. it disintegrated from there, and after they decided the problem was I read too much Twitter, am a conspiracy theorist, and that they don’t care about “rich guys loving seventeen year olds lol” I told them both they were callous assholes who can suck my loving dick.

known them both for about 25 years, or thought I knew them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

only response in my group chat today was "lol she dead"

yeah that was the reaction from all but those two.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Cnidaria posted:

Thankfully it's easy to correlate all of this. The ruling class are monsters and have designed institutions to turn their children into monsters to perpetuate the system. There really isn't much more to it than that.

wealth is a poison

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

it wasn't human trafficking you loving weirdos

...he only wanted the pineal gland :downsrim:

til they traffic the ex wives of NBA players

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I've dipped into this thread a few times but not really kept up with the narrative. But today I was off on a long hike down the coast looking for some listening material, and one of the things I'd bookmarked for listening to was the Ghost Stories For The End Of The World podcast, which I think is made by a goon.

I listened to the first 3 episodes and, against the advice of the podcaster, looked up the more morbid details of the Marc Detroux affair and crack-loving-ping.

I think I'm gonna spend some time reading this thread from the start and collating all the recommended source materials.

there are a lot of great starting points! I’m a huge fan of Legacy of Ashes, an enormously thorough history of the CIA which was responsible for a lot of my initial cracking

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Regulus74 posted:

Does that mean he worked for nick kroll's dad?

reminds me of this absolute classic of a
banger of a slapper of a maximum effort

https://medium.com/@laurenspitzberg/holy-poo poo-this-is-insane-eb9745f0eac3

selec
Sep 6, 2003

demostars posted:

i skimmed this because it's way too loving long but is the jist of it that tig notaro is batshit crazy and sicced her spook friends on some complete rando that she perceived to be slighting her? or is the author someone of importance that was being targeted specifically by spooks and notaro is just the person they used to do it?

the author has never come off as lucid as they do before or since that medium post and several high profile comedians have restraining orders against her

selec
Sep 6, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the nhl is currently undergoing a huge scandal where coaches are caught raping and assaulting high school aged recruits.

it’s hierarchies bro! it’s always a hierarchy, authority figures you gotta look up to, with built in minion grooming processes. Mormon church, MLMs, overserious regional youth sports
leagues, any fraternal organization, all just rife with insane abuse and coverups. it cannot be otherwise.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I wear that red text with pride

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i expect theres a crop of half clone sons out there...birthed in the cave system beneath the new mexico ranch. some basic rear end chris carter script is where i expect we will land.

The Boys from Brazorro

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Mameluke posted:

want to know this one so badly

broke into LeGuin’s archives so she could tell her where that sexy-rear end Omelas place with the kid was

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1466348521871876103?s=21

this is basically describing the Epstein method on an institutional scale.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Hooplah posted:

I found a copy of The Devil’s Chessboard in a little free library close to my house, that was heartwarming

The Truth Is Out There

selec
Sep 6, 2003

inferis posted:

I’ve been working lots of overtime so my partner made me lunch and he put this note in the bag and I’m

put a ring on it already

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

seems traumatic

I could see this working if they put him one of those dunk tanks but the tank is filled with candiru

selec
Sep 6, 2003

[desperately scrabbling around for excuses]

https://twitter.com/zubymusic/status/1491155114685759489?s=21

weird loving take

selec
Sep 6, 2003

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I mean, this is true for a certain kind of lib who doesn't want to think too hard about the implications of a guy like Jeffery being allowed to exist.

she’s in jail, what’s he want to happen?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

between the coy “ok but maybe Travis Barker isn’t a satanist but what about these other musicians and celebs…” and this, yes, posters in this thread:

stop slorping down right wing propaganda, it makes you dumber than the average goon, which is a dire predicament!

there is more than enough real evil to dig up without cosplaying alongside right wing racist dipshits

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Futanari Damacy posted:

Don't believe anything you see with your own eyes unless the account tweeting it out has Perfect Politics :jerkbag:

This thread was literally started in response to a particular individual's "abnormal" behavior, sadly he "killed himself" before you could rehabilitate his reputation

don’t be a fuckin mark, propaganda works on everyone

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I don’t know if that woman is a sex trafficker, but I can say for certain that Kari Lake absolutely does not care what the truth of the scenario is, or what happens to anyone’s kids, at all, because I’m not a dumb rube.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Excelzior posted:

the only thing mysterious about his death is how the agencies managed to settle on who would get to kill him

rock/бумага/שער

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I follow a diverse array of weirdos on Twitter and on of my favorites is the lady whose brain was broken by 2016 so completely she is transforming from a bog-standard leftist into a Qanon type

https://twitter.com/bridgietherease/status/1506374832727855104?s=21

please don’t touch the poop

selec
Sep 6, 2003

PMJ you are wrong about the Moderna vaccine on several different points, I didn’t bother to research your other claims but if they’re all as shoddy as this one maybe take a step back and re-examine your priors.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

lol McCarthy said he had to “take steps”…this guy is hosed!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

on the real though expect Cawthorn to go into rehab (whether or not he admits it) because dude is known to be a drinker and that puffy face coming out of McCarthy’s office is a man on a bender

selec
Sep 6, 2003

smarxist posted:

the first tweet in this thread lol

lmao this dude posted a long whiney “why not me?” screed whining about Chapo a few years back. I was like “Dude you have to put yourself out there, fame and opportunity don’t just parachute into your living room” and he replied with his bandcamp, which was the most boring, mediocrely written and recorded white dude/acoustic guitar poo poo i had ever heard

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1514013783328501778?s=21&t=a3fnUzsleQ0JVz4kFMDGlA

g l a d i o

selec
Sep 6, 2003

that’s pretty standard bro down horseplay if the Marines I know are to be trusted. I’m laying my marker on “Not gay, just a dumbass”

selec
Sep 6, 2003

that is just stunting on us! they know we can’t do poo poo so they’re going out with all their gold chains on

selec
Sep 6, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

that poo poo is old as hell like at least five years. iirc abilify did it.

e: yeah 5 years https://www.medgadget.com/2017/11/abilify-mycite-first-fda-approved-digital-medicine-tracks-ingestion.html

“compliance” as I understand it is my doctor checking that I take my metformin every day, and this would enable them to do that with (presumably) more expensive meds—if anybody pushes this, it’s insurance companies

selec
Sep 6, 2003

what is the chemtrailer’s answer to “ok, but rich guys golf every day, how are they expected to be left unaffected?”

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Zodium posted:

capitalists shouldn't really be considered discrete individuals as apart from their roles that they play in the system of Capital as a whole, they are not guiding history but are rather the products of the historical unfolding of machinery of the transcendental laws of Capital.

“what happens in Davos stays in Davos”

selec
Sep 6, 2003

now it’s like murder she wrote
once I get you out them clothes
what did jay-z know
and when did he knooooow

selec
Sep 6, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

growing up, you download a "bad" version of a song, but that's the only version you ever really knew so when you finally listen to the "correct" one on Spotify or whatever it feels weird and your mind is grasping for the Limewire copy

this is what ghostface and Raekwon fans have suffered from for years.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

was thinking today about how there are absolutely a tranche of mental health pros active currently who were either directly mentored by Jolly West or someone he trained. likely hundreds if not thousands who fit that criteria.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

this lady is my favorite leftist poster who eventually became a schizo transphobe

selec
Sep 6, 2003

if I had millions of dollars I’d simply delete Pasternak’s contact and get on with my life. this is all self-inflicted.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Azathoth posted:

awww I liked Person of Interest

apparently the Behind The Scenes gossip was that he was a nightmare for constantly loving up and injuring the crew and cast

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I think Oedipa is older generation and their track to transphobia is typically one which tacks to counter the essentialization of womanhood which they see (somewhat incorrectly) as part and parcel with the contemporary trans movement. At least, that's what I've come across from older transphobic or trans-skeptic persons, since much of 20th century feminism was predicated exactly on removing certain predicates, if not all, from womanhood or even femininity. To them it's strange to be asked their pronouns because they worked to broaden the scope of what being a woman is, beyond both gender roles and beyond linguistic prescriptions.

In truth the trans movement and the LGBTQ movement in the US, writ large, is spearheaded by idiotic liberals and politically underdeveloped young adults and teenagers. This is, naturally, approached skeptically by both those to the left and right of where the movement generally sits. For the former it resembles something like the above, maybe, or something like "bourgeois perversion/excess" and for the latter it resembles all of their opponents. When the movement spends more of its time policing language than housing transpersons, well, the critcism or skepticism from the former is not entirely without merit. It certainly doesn't help that the survival-level poverty transpersons endure frequently pushes them into sex work which has specious radliberal defenses surrounding it and which which also has the unintended effect of making trans- existence appear as fetish.

By and large anti-establishment persons, which the right and left both represent to varying degrees, will reflexively oppose anything "new" they see in alignment with the establishment. Given the visibility of transpeople in Hollywood and media, and in establishment liberal governments, there is a suspicion which turns, as always, quickly to hatred if not monitored.

stfu this is making excuses for bigotry, and the bolder bit is just smuggling your own bigotry in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I've corrected so called bigots on their perceptions regarding transgender theory and given them sufficient pause to re-evaluate and correct their argument/opposition.

You go ahead and keep yelling at them though. Two pronged approach. I'm sure yours will work grand

PS: I'm literally trans :shrug:

great stop bullshitting about a movement of literal teens trying to fight for their lives, even though it seems cringe to you? like that’s just naked “well, black people HAVE had a lot of confrontations with Jewish people” excuse making, right?