Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Plan for a New American Century
iPod commercials
Reality TV
xMySpacex
My Humps by the Black Eyed Peas
Insipid indie proto-hipster rot
Nu-metal and post-grunge dregs

Just awful in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

I knew what that was before clicking. The one great pop song of the era.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
It's weird to think that GTA Vice City's retro setting wasn't further in the past than Vice City's release date is today.

I'm sure a lot of that has to do with perception of time as we age (I was a baby in '86, the last decade feels like a year), but previous decades culture and fashion seems so much more definable and iconic.

spleen merchant has a new favorite as of 04:17 on Jul 11, 2019

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Smoking in pubs/clubs was still legal here in Aus in the first half of the 2000's. There'd be a heavy haze filling the room and you'd come home with your clothes reeking of it.
At least in my regional hometown, people used to drink way more and get much wilder then too. Wall-to-wall plastered patrons thu-sat nights, guaranteed brawls and people loving in dark corners of the dingy nightclubs.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
You used to be able to compose ring tones on some of the monophonic Nokia's, I think mine was a 3315. I remember keying in for whom the bell tolls and ratm riffs.