Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

"accessibility of late-2000s *nix"

this is a lie. late 2000s *nixes let you download bootable ISO images. serenityOS's developer thinks pre-built bootable ISOs are for pussies and real unix users will compile their own kernel, userspace, and installer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

this is a lie. late 2000s *nixes let you download bootable ISO images. serenityOS's developer thinks pre-built bootable ISOs are for pussies and real unix users will compile their own kernel, userspace, and installer

serenityos is one bloke and a handful of others helping. big surprise they haven't got their from scratch graphical os to the bootable iso stage.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

also i think gatekeeping for other peoples protection is the good kind of gatekeeping. just put some isos up there and hbag would install it on their nas and post a lot about how their files are gone.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kazinsal posted:

late-2000s? shouldn't that just be gnome 2?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

carry on then posted:

late-2000s? shouldn't that just be gnome 2?

enlightenment

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
but i dont feel enlightened

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Weaponized Autism posted:

but i dont feel enlightened

such is the koan

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
korn desktop pics

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

rotor posted:

im very weary of flat UI

how weary stale flat and unprofitable
seem to me all the uis of this world

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

stinch posted:

serenityos is one bloke and a handful of others helping. big surprise they haven't got their from scratch graphical os to the bootable iso stage.
serenit yos

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://media.handmade-seattle.com/serenityos/

xkcd ref, gross

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
serenit yos

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
serenity now; insanity later

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

serenity yo, the operating system

teh only program it runs is yo

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

~Coxy posted:

serenity now; insanity later

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

spankmeister posted:

Try K-Meleon OP
agreed, op

last year someone updated an old branch from like 2009 to add TLS 1.2 support so that it works in windows 98

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?22,151512