Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

coronaball posted:

:siren: How about Wednesday, August 28th or Wednesday, September 4th for a draft date? 6 PM Pacific time

Either works for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

CompeAnansi posted:

After further consideration, even though this is my favorite league and I will be bummed about having to go on the waiting list if I rejoin later, I shouldn't take on the responsibility of a money league right now. I'm having a kid in November, so I doubt my wife will be happy with me if I'm like "yo, hold the baby, I need to set my waiver wire claims".

It's obviously up to you, but in my experience, I had the most success when my kids were newborns. You're up in the middle of the night, anyway, so you get first crack at the free agents after the waivers process!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

coronaball posted:

It's obviously up to you, but in my experience, I had the most success when my kids were newborns. You're up in the middle of the night, anyway, so you get first crack at the free agents after the waivers process!

Kids are a 24/7 job and if you take five minutes for yourself you are horrible human being.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
That reminds me... where are my kids?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

jabro posted:

Kids are a 24/7 job and if you take five minutes for yourself you are horrible human being.

Obviously not. But between a new job in a new country with a new language and the baby coming I really don't even have the time to prep for the draft. As much as I like giving you guys my money I generally like to try to draft a good team before inevitably losing anyways.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

Obviously not. But between a new job in a new country with a new language and the baby coming I really don't even have the time to prep for the draft. As much as I like giving you guys my money I generally like to try to draft a good team before inevitably losing anyways.

Fair enough. Good luck with all of that!

Dango Bango You're up!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

coronaball posted:

Dango Bango You're up!

Cool. Just sent my $25 via PayPal. The August draft date works best for me, but either is fine.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 8, 2019

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
ill be back this year

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Looks like we have some conflicts the week of 8/25-8/29, and I had to put my friends and family league on Sept. 4, so here is yet another draft date: Tuesday, September 3rd .

Please say yes!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

coronaball posted:

Looks like we have some conflicts the week of 8/25-8/29, and I had to put my friends and family league on Sept. 4, so here is yet another draft date: Tuesday, September 3rd .

Please say yes!

Thats fine.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I have a conflict on 9/3 but can make it work if it's the only date available for everyone else.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

Please say yes!

Planning another goon draft that day. If I was the only conflict, feel free to move it back to that Wednesday in August or Wednesday on August 21 works too.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 9, 2019

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD

coronaball posted:

Please say yes!

Can't make it, I've got my big money league draft that evening.

Edit: Currently the days i CAN'T make are the 25th-27th and 30th-3rd.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
3rd works

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

OK I am making the draft Wednesday August 28th.. Poor Silly Burrito will just have to phone draft as he walks the streets of SF. I will update the date on Yahoo and in the OP.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Woah what the gently caress is going on

I’ve been doing this league for like 4 years straight. My name is not in the OP and I literally only knew to check on it because I got an email from Yahoo! Fantasy telling me a draft date has been set. May I please continue to manage my team or did I get squeezed out?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

OK I am making the draft Wednesday August 28th.. Poor Silly Burrito will just have to phone draft as he walks the streets of SF. I will update the date on Yahoo and in the OP.

If I don’t win the league this year, that’s my built in excuse.

If I do win, that’s a feel good “overcame great obstacles” story for the press.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

timp posted:

Woah what the gently caress is going on

I’ve been doing this league for like 4 years straight. My name is not in the OP and I literally only knew to check on it because I got an email from Yahoo! Fantasy telling me a draft date has been set. May I please continue to manage my team or did I get squeezed out?

No, you're in! I was trying to figure out who the missing team was. I thought it was you but it's hard to tell from the app. I was gonna do some research on it tonight. Also, you should've got an email when I renewed the league back in July.

That means we're full! I'll update the team list now.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I live 2 auction

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Hey Silly Burrito, be sure to test the Yahoo mock auction phone app. It's been hanging for me. I bet it's either my phone or something they have fixed since I tried to mock with it a few weeks ago.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hey Silly Burrito, be sure to test the Yahoo mock auction phone app. It's been hanging for me. I bet it's either my phone or something they have fixed since I tried to mock with it a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the heads up, will do.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I have never been Commissioner for a FAAB league. I was to choose "FAAB with continual rolling list tiebreak", correct?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

I have never been Commissioner for a FAAB league. I was to choose "FAAB with continual rolling list tiebreak", correct?

Probably. Were there any other FAAB options?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

Yes

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Probably. Were there any other FAAB options?

Yeah reverse standings and weekly reverse standings. Those reward failure and/or tanking. This was a dumb question since I already knew the answer.

We are all set now.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

timp check PMs please

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Hey y’all, I’ve been thinking about this for a bit and I think I’m going to bow out this year. I really want to limit myself to 2 leagues this year and between College Buddy League and Work League, I don’t have the bandwidth for Internet Stranger League anymore. :(

I’ve had a blast playing with each of you these past 5 years or so. Despite never rising above 6th place, I always felt like I did a respectable enough job, and you have all obviously been very tough competition.

Good luck to all you fuckers and god help the bastard who inherits my spot!

E: oh I’m also going to be in NYC for the first time on the day of the draft.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

timp posted:

Hey y’all, I’ve been thinking about this for a bit and I think I’m going to bow out this year. I really want to limit myself to 2 leagues this year and between College Buddy League and Work League, I don’t have the bandwidth for Internet Stranger League anymore. :(

I’ve had a blast playing with each of you these past 5 years or so. Despite never rising above 6th place, I always felt like I did a respectable enough job, and you have all obviously been very tough competition.

Good luck to all you fuckers and god help the bastard who inherits my spot!

E: oh I’m also going to be in NYC for the first time on the day of the draft.

Fair enough.

dalstrs, I sent you a PM!

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

coronaball posted:

Fair enough.

dalstrs, I sent you a PM!

I'm in!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Cool I'll send the link tonight when I get to a PC.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Now we are all full, all paid, and 6 days away from auction mayhem!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

Now we are all full, all paid, and 6 days away from auction mayhem!

My yahoo phone app is ready 😂

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
I'm ready to severely overbid for David Johnson once again

Cause I enjoy chasing the past SO MUCH

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

:siren: DRAFT TOMORROW

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Is it intentional that the flex spot is RB/WR only and does not include TE?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

dalstrs posted:

Is it intentional that the flex spot is RB/WR only and does not include TE?

It is, and the only reason for it is that the settings have carried over since the olden days when RB/WR was the standard for a flex spot.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Don’t mess with tradition like the 2nd amendment and the electoral college.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

jabro posted:

Don’t mess with tradition like the 2nd amendment and the electoral college.

I have the right to Bear draft picks.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

I have the right to Bear draft picks.

At first I read that as you have a right to be a bear.

And after your drafting in the 20 team I now believe we need to pass draft pick control laws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

jabro posted:

At first I read that as you have a right to be a bear.

And after your drafting in the 20 team I now believe we need to pass draft pick control laws.

You’re probably correct. My picks were so amazing that they probably should be declared lethal weapons and be too powerful for one man to own.