Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
They aren't able to stop actual non-white shooters either, they just occasionally entrap some random mentally ill Muslim dude and call it a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
No one has came to fix this ceiling leak in weeks and now the wood around the pipe looks to be rotting away. We're also down to just one maintenance person to cover all 80+ rentals. :waycool:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Radirot posted:

:thunk: lol they always say how they aren't greedy.

I hope that someday in like 100 years people look back on articles like this with confusion at why the landlord was allowed to live.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lightning Knight posted:

y’all are free to do as you wish, but openly posting about gun buying and owning, and killing your landlord, is probably a bad idea on a public forum.

This is a good piece of advice, in case anyone missed it.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
https://youtu.be/ohrnPBjc4kk

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the only comment is "don't tell me what to do"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is a good piece of advice, in case anyone missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATb7CXX-Kc0

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

T-man posted:

Guns should not be personal property. A toothbrush should be. You don't share a toothbrush because it's gross and unhygienic without some industrial grade sterilization and cleaning between use - which would be a waste of resources for little gain. You can pull the same dangling penis trigger of the gun at the shooting arcade as other people. We have hand wipes. It will still work.

In my ideal world you don't need to own more than a small rucksack with a toothbrush, meds and toiletries, toolkit, laptop, data storage, and maybe a first aid kit. Every else could be meaningfully shared.

I feel like your turbo mega fantasy world where full idealized communism is the rule of the entirety of the planet kind of lacks imagination. Like machines would be doing pretty much everything at that point so doing some chores would be less than pointless.

The point of communal ownership of the means of production is to make people work as little as possible so they can you know, live?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Kyle Hyde posted:

on topic: my sister married a cop and now due to some legal bullshit with his ex and their daughter, he and my sister have moved out of the house they bought to raise their kid in and bought a different house with the aim of renting out the old one for the cost of the mortgage. all the other poo poo aside, that last part is the stickiest part to me because its such a no-brainer thing to do from the perspective of "owning" the property, but having another family buy your second house for you is also peak scuzz. i dunno about my brother in law, but my sister would be completely unmoved if i pointed this out to her because with everything else she has to deal with she doesn't give two shits about the plight of another family, or the fact that she is personally exploiting them.

I’d point out that renting out a single family home is difficult and often a money loser, most professional landlords look for duplex’s or quads. In a single family home after rent, you could end up losing money on taxes, maintenance, etc so it may not be cost effective to rent it out.

My dad rents out the single family home that my grandma left him when she died but it makes money because he owns it outright and the expenses are maintenance and taxes.

So strictly from a financial perspective selling it is often the way to go

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
Depends entirely on the location and local market. Here landlords are making a killing renting single family homes to students because they can charge each student by room and don't have to invest any money into making it a legit multifamily home. If you have a 4 bedroom home and rent it for 600 a room it's 2400 a month. And they don't have to do anything to the house that they would have to do with multifamily complexes.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If your roommates are tolerable it can be nicer to share a whole house vs live in a tiny dumpy apartment. When I rented places like that though the biggest issue was the owner deciding to up and selling the house, forcing everyone to move. Happened a couple of times.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
When I said the maintenance person had 80+ rentals what it actual is from talking to him is more like 200+. Just today alone he's dealing with 7 maintenance code violations. He came to look at the ceiling leak and said it isn't a fault with the plumbing but with the residence upstairs spilling water on the floor during bathing, which is every loving day. Interesting enough that was the excuse when the leak first started one year ago under a different tenant until it was somehow no longer the case. I'm most likely going to be calling the housing authority on this, which is what most of the people here are ending up doing anyway.

This is the company I'm dealing with: https://www.syracuse.com/news/2019/08/syracuse-code-inspectors-set-up-shop-at-skyline-apartments-to-handle-complaints.html

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

CharlestheHammer posted:

you didn’t do that nor have you even proven that is a thing, you assume it because it makes your point and your banking on the idea that people will be afraid to call POC gun nut jobs even though those type of people absolutely exist.

like I said a very racist shield
Here you go
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017/06/22/the-demographics-of-gun-ownership/

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Sounds really lovely, does anyone in your area do tenant organizing?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I don’t recommend you post personal info like this, both because of potential doxxing and retaliation by your landlord.

When I was going to college, the housing situation in the town was a nightmare. The town is about ~15k people and the college was a disproportionate amount of that, so the students were like the tide against the housing and labor markets. Consequently every job opening was either 7.25 or asking for a bachelor’s and 4 years experience with no in between, and most of the non-college students were unable to find housing because of the death grip landlords had on housing intended for students.

I had three landlords (two of them were pairs, so 5 individuals total) over the course of my time there, and while they were all the usual slow on the uptake for maintenance, didn’t give me my entire security deposit back, etc., type of stuff, I lucked out in getting ones that weren’t very difficult overall.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that’s Brooklyn for you

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

quote:

Gun ownership is most common among men, whites

ok

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Lightning Knight posted:

y’all are free to do as you wish, but openly posting about gun buying and owning, and killing your landlord, is probably a bad idea on a public forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3_kUaYFJA

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

did...did I miss something this doesn’t really validate your point.

unless you think I was arguing no POC own guns which was never my claim.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

99.9% of 8chan users are white guys, but I'm sure there's one POC guy who hates himself enough to post there regularly. Is shutting down 8chan an attack on people of color?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lol

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

T-man posted:

99.9% of 8chan users are white guys, but I'm sure there's one POC guy who hates himself enough to post there regularly. Is shutting down 8chan an attack on people of color?

Guns aren't 8chan and according to the page linked 39 percent of black and Hispanic people own a gun which is more than the 36 percent of white people who do.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Sedisp posted:

Guns aren't 8chan and according to the page linked 39 percent of black and Hispanic people own a gun which is more than the 36 percent of white people who do.

the other white people can just buy them from their friends or from gun shows which makes their purchase essentially untrackable so I kinda doubt this 36% figure tbh

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

the other white people can just buy them from their friends or from gun shows which makes their purchase essentially untrackable so I kinda doubt this 36% figure tbh

And what’s the breakdown for folks that have whole arsenals rather than a gun or two?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I doubt self-reported gun ownership stats about as much as I doubt self-reported drug use stats, but under-reporting is going to be a thing among both white people and PoC.

lotta comrades in here needing re-educating in the HPNGC thread.

22 Eargesplitten has issued a correction as of 15:08 on Sep 21, 2019

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Solkanar512 posted:

And what’s the breakdown for folks that have whole arsenals rather than a gun or two?

You fool, you've tripped the Fishmech signal! You'll kill us all!!!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You fool, you've tripped the Fishmech signal! You'll kill us all!!!

He said "gun," not "trains."

:stare:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Tubgoat posted:

He said "gun," not "trains."

:stare:

Among other things he's endlessly pedantic concerning, fishmech loves to go on and on about the ratio of guns owned vs. gun owners in the US.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

CharlestheHammer posted:

did...did I miss something this doesn’t really validate your point.

unless you think I was arguing no POC own guns which was never my claim.

Answer my dispute with the original poster

Do you believe the 24% of african men who own guns are psychotic?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dreddout posted:

100% of people who own guns are psychotic.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salt Fish posted:

Nice liberal take. Take it to d&d

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Salt Fish posted:

100% of fascist sympathisers who own guns are psychotic.
MLKJr believed in self-defense.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Salt Fish posted:

Shut up idiot

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Salt Fish posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
e: you know what this argument isn’t worth rehashing for the nth time

DragQueenofAngmar has issued a correction as of 18:58 on Sep 21, 2019

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

e: joke less funny now

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dreddout posted:

they are people like you are me so no reason to assume anything else.

fetishizing a group is pretty creepy

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

fetishizing a group is pretty creepy
Even big-tiddy goth broads? :ohdear:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Nothing proves that psychosis more than coming to the landlord thread to argue about guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Landlords are entitled to receive free bullets from their tenants, imho.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)