Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol of course Small Landlord Tyrants would complain about section 8 and other public housing voucher systems because ~its just not on the schedule i want/need~

simultaneously complaining about delinquent tenants and tenants that are guaranteed to pay; its a handout to landlords instead of building and maintaining actual public housing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
love that logic of unpaid rent is an expense; opportunity cost!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i feel like in california it's against the law to charge people for re-carpeting at least

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

they’re paying you money, you’re getting income from them, they literally are paying for those things

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have received 100% back once, from the last apartment I had

I just assumed it was an error on their part; I had a friend that lived in that same complex and got nothing back

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

RBC posted:

A Real Proud American

Thinking of the sopranos when they go to Italy and none of them can really speak Italian, they don’t really know the customs, and none of their colloquialisms are really recognizable — they’re just another American idiot tourist

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
The house I grew up in was covered in asbestos siding tiles and probably had it in various spots in the walls

My school also had a ton of asbestos tiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

It's honestly a shame a ton of people aren't squatting in really nice Airbnb apartments and refusing to move out without court proceedings. There were some articles about one guy doing this a few years back but it's really uncommon which is weird since all you need is to put up the money for one nights stay and then you can live there for a few months. Seems like people in San Fran should be doing this nonstop

Makes me think of this classic

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/most-bizarre-airbnb-feud-story-6824921.php