Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like this movie is a case in point for both why Kevin Smith objectively kind of sucks, but also why I have a really big soft spot for the dude.

Like, this is a straight up badly made movie on most levels. It's paced like poo poo, the casting is all wrong, the effects are wonky, it's shot like a low-budget network TV show, etc. In most regards, this is an object lesson in why Smith is a Bad Director.

But on the other hand, I have to genuinely kind of admire a brain that can turn a stupid podcast joke into a full-on honest-to-Jebus movie in the span of like two weeks, especially when it's a concept as utterly bugshit crazy as this. Smith has a kind of creative energy, when he sets his mind to it, that you really don't see outside of people like Roger Corman and Rob Zombie, and even if he doesn't quite have the technical skill to back it up, I can't get mad at him for saying "gently caress it" and just doing it anyways. poo poo, I wish I could have that mindset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU