Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
My main complaint with Gustavsson during the World Cup was that he didn’t rotate the squad enough, and the first teamers basically just ran out of puff in the semifinal.

Watching this game, I’m starting to understand why…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Squires is usually pretty good at doing recognisable faces, but I have no idea who that guy on the plane is supposed to be - is it Graham Arnold?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Guess that means she will probably miss the Olympics too - absolutely gutting

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Olympic qualifier going well, Matildas are up 7-0 against Uzbekistan after 35 minutes

edit; final score 10-0
Nice to see they’re moving beyond the “kick it to Kerr” tactics

webmeister fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 28, 2024

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

uuugh. I loving hate ACL injuries.

They really are. I’ve been following Sydney FC in the Australian league this year, and our captain/key centreback did her ACL about 30 minutes into the first game of the season.

Another player did her ACL in training, and then last week our gun leftback did hers too. I was absolutely gutted for her, she’s had a fantastic season and was on the cusp of an overseas move and national team callup :smith:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Another win for the mighty Matildas :getin:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

a real chump posted:

I quite enjoyed that game. Foord rinsed that defender for her goal lol.

I wouldn't say she's underrated but jeez she's great when on song. Hardly surprising that both of our goals came through her

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

A-League Women wrapped up here in Australia yesterday, with Sydney FC claiming a second consecutive title.

Complete smash & grab win in the grand final - Sydney had 30% possession, 2 shots on target, 1 goal. San Diego Wave's Shae Connors scored the winner with her first Sydney FC goal; basically a perfect counter-attack and a peach of an assist from 16 year-old Indiana dos Santos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzYGV3SAqzQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Can’t speak for other A-League clubs, but one of our centrebacks (Jordan Thompson) also plays for Washington Spirit, though she’s currently listed as “inactive” on their website.

Emily van Egmond is another who’s played for San Diego and Orlando, and done guest/loan stints back at her home A-League club.

there’s a bunch of others too, though I can’t recall any offhand.