Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
Is Dunn expected back tonight? I got tickets to the game, but was mostly going to enjoy watching Debinha and seeing if Hamilton stays on her scoring streak.

I saw that Jess, Sam, and Abby are supposed to be in attendance but not on the roster tonight, and they're doing some kind of post-game celebration of all the world cup players. Didn't see anything about Dunn, though.

Sam's gotta be some kind of exhausted though after all the travel - she and Naeher were in Boston yesterday.

Engineer Lenk fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
Well, I went to see Debinha and was not disappointed (though she had a couple just wide or off the post that were reminiscent of the Brazil-France game). Plus Matthias had the assist [and didn't pick up a card, which is somewhat surprising given her normal style of play].

The heat wasn't unbearable in the south stands, and they gave out wooden-handled circular fans with the programs. I like to think whoever set up the program dislikes the thorns as much as I do, since they were spelled 'throns' on the standings.

Catley and Lydia Williams were on the sideline talking to fans after the loss, they seem pretty cool (watching Catley play with the splint and even take a throw-in was impressive). I hope Lydia gets traded because both she and Murphy are good enough to be starting.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

It's pretty confusing that she dressed for the game. Wouldn't they know this before tonight?

whypick1 posted:

Can everyone on the Reign stop getting injured please? :smith:

Didn't they have Little/Fishlock/Pinoe all get injured in a pretty short span three or four seasons back?

Engineer Lenk fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 14, 2019

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

xeria posted:

Catley also plays for Reign! Portland has Foord as the other noted Aussie.

Raso too. Coming back from breaking her back is a hell of a narrative

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Binary Badger posted:

Watched the ReignFC vs. North Carolina Courage.

Williams was fantastic. NCC looked like they had the game in control the whole time.

Also saw Chicago Red Stars vs. Houston Dash, also was a good game.

Very few WCers back to actually play though, hardly saw any in these two games.

Labbé, Debinha, Erceg, and Catley were all playing in the NCC/Reign game, and Lydia Williams was dressed and on the bench. I thought there were a bunch of Canadians and Aussies on the Dash and CRS too (Polkinghorne, Schmidt, Kerr, among others).

Or were you just talking about the semifinalists? I think the USWNT and the England players in the NWSL get a week before they report.

NCC had four US players
Reign had two US, one England
Daly had already reported to the Dash but was serving the extra game suspension for that elbow to the face red card with added unsportsmanlike conduct back in the Utah game
CRS was missing four US players (though I'm not sure if Morgan Brian is going to be reliably fit to start anyway)

Engineer Lenk fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 14, 2019

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
I wish Kop wasn't so prone to big mistakes. She can make some good saves.

I think bouhaddi did something a lot like that in a game last season for OL.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

xeria posted:

Maybe Utah will score a goal for the first time in, what, three games? If Press is playing.

Watch Arod come up with something right when you write her off. More worried about them getting it to the forwards if Vero is out, though.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
I kinda like what training with Tobin has done for Press's game. Time will tell if she can influence Heath to actually shoot rather than lose the ball.

E: that Sinclair goal was also incredible.

So.. the first 15 minutes sucked, then this turned into a very entertaining game. Stengel has the worst luck, that one shot she got off starting with her back to goal... Arod needs to learn to not shoot directly at the keeper.

Engineer Lenk fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 20, 2019

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

habeasdorkus posted:

Average attendance this weekend was 12,000 per match, which is pretty impressive considering the Thorns weren't at home.

Yeah, Sky Blue wasn't at home...

Those averages are no thanks to Washington. Maryland soccerplex is max 4k and it didn't look that full. You'd think they'd try for more games at Audi.

Did Chicago do a cheap tickets promo? Utah does them somewhat regularly, and Orlando had some $9 tickets for the game yesterday.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I only tuned in to the end of Washington-Houston and the commentary team claimed that the stadium had been more full but lots of folks had left due to the weather delay.

I was watching before the delay, it still wasn't sold out and the capacity is only 4k to start with.

E: their official attendence is noted as a 5.5k sellout so who knows, maybe folks got out of there before the delay - I swapped over to that game during the Pride/SB half.

Engineer Lenk fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 21, 2019

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
So this was a sellout, but every time they cut to the stands ~20% of the seats were empty.

Best NWSL handball meme is still Broon's face from that Orland/Utah game last year:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CourtofRoyals/status/1121950112832376832/photo/1

Engineer Lenk fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 22, 2019

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
Cascada Clash tonight. Don't have much hope for the Reign with their injury list, though.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
Press with a brace already 30 min into the Utah-SB game.

And we got a rare shot from Broon (wide, but dangerous enough for the keeper to touch it for the corner).

All this and I think SB actually has the higher share of possession.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
I have tickets to the ICC final on Sunday and am not sure who I'm rooting for. NCC is my local team (and I'm fond of Dunn, Debinha, and Mewis), but OL has so much talent (Bronze, Henry, Marozan, Hegerberg). Should be a fun game.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
That Maro goal was so good.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
Good facilities are hard to come by, so having these teams partnered with MLS or USL makes it much more likely that they'll succeed (though clearly it's not everything - see Orlando). Seattle struggled through countless seasons at Memorial, whose only redeeming feature is the location in Seattle center (1970s high school football stadium - lots of turf and concrete).

Atlanta should be interesting. Wonder if they'd get O'Hara or Sonnet. Rose to Louisville would be a good draw too, since it's not far from Cincinnati.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

whypick1 posted:

I'm sure this is just standard British tabloid poo poo-stirring, but what the gently caress?

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1168642275557220354

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/1168656725228081153

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
In the meantime FAWSL is a lot of fun to watch. Arsenal has about 1/3 of the Dutch national team starters + Kim Little, most of the familiar NWSL Aussie players have moved over there, and of course we have the big USWNT names.

Just wish Debinha had taken a loan deal...

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

highme posted:

Also, this crossed my timeline earlier but I didn't have a chance to read it. It's a piece by Katelyn Best.

https://twitter.com/PoMoMagazine/status/1445477737049722885

Who's the fifth coach mentioned in this article? I can only come up with Riley, Holly, Burke and that PSG dude. Whats-his-face in Orlando just left for a FAWSL job, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

highme posted:

Maybe this?

The article says 5 coaches and one GM, so I think LaHue is the GM. Still not sure about the fifth coach though, were any assistant coaches fired?