Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Danann posted:

The amount of non-sunken defenses left alive behind friendly lines is absolutely criminal. A lot of them were pretty fresh too meaning any Colonial nite crew overrunning our front line doesn't have to spend time and material rebuilding them. They only need a fresh injection of Uparts to turn on the AI defenses.

It's a frequent occurrence that players don't follow common courtesy or have any consideration for others and clean up around them, truly shameful. Gamers are real life and ingame grubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
2nd post updated with some info/pics from today's devstream.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

My guess is that the new gun is some sort of light artillery, using the same shells that the gunboat uses. It would be nice to have a smaller and cheaper piece to work with, since artillery is super useful and it only comes into play very late in the war since it's so far back on the tree.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So if this coming update makes it easier to set up own unique Goon regiment/clan/group thingy and comes with a discount we should try and get some new blood/poke some of the oldies?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sure but imo they could all play now

still pretty easy to meet up in game

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

0.28 Beta released today ! Things to test

e2a: Game is on sale for $13 @ Humble bundle currently, sale has 5 days 21 hrs left as of this edit - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/foxhole

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 9, 2019

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Uh wow the Colonial team just collapsed after they wasted a nuke on a nowhere town and missed another town with their last nuke.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Danann posted:

Uh wow the Colonial team just collapsed after they wasted a nuke on a nowhere town and missed another town with their last nuke.

Pretty much every major clan has quit out of boredom. Add in some pretty flagrant cheating with alts to steal things and some chinese fly hackers nuking things with satchels and people have just shrugged until the next war.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/foxhole

35% off

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

War #34 concluded about 15 minuts ago, Warden win. Resistance phase has started. 0.28 will most likely be released with the start of the next war.

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Wardens with fancy French hats are absolutely crushing Colonials again even after the collies got a boost of gear for this war after their abysmal defense at the end of war 33.

If you want to see how the map's been moving, https://foxholestats.com/ has a link to show it. The five western regions are closed for this war to see how it changes the way the front moves.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

War over ! next one starting ???? Also devs effectively turned off the Resistance phase this go around by deciding to not let anyone build caches. Apparently someone caching 1,020 boxes of stuff (supposedly including 100 crates of satchels) last go around kinda broke things this war in their opinion.

Also battle harvesters are a thing already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4apU4pfejXI

Next war start arrangement:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Man I'm going to have to get used to the new logi routes down south.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

MREBoy posted:

War over ! next one starting ???? Also devs effectively turned off the Resistance phase this go around by deciding to not let anyone build caches. Apparently someone caching 1,020 boxes of stuff (supposedly including 100 crates of satchels) last go around kinda broke things this war in their opinion.

Caches have had a snowballing effect for a while now. Also didn't help there were almost three times as many wardens as colonials which is why queues were getting into the hour(s) range.

More importantly and disturbingly is that the severe problem of warden nazi/nazi-adjacent groups is starting to boil over Here and also on the discord while the devs and mods have been completely silent.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

So if this coming update makes it easier to set up own unique Goon regiment/clan/group thingy and comes with a discount we should try and get some new blood/poke some of the oldies?

Ready to serve. Message me on steam.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Think I'll maybe go colonial this war and not fight alongside nazis

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Both sides have loving Nazis!

This is getting stupid. How are we ever going to actually get the numbers to do things. Lets just switch factions for gently caress sake.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
from someone involved in that whole bit

and honestly, both sides have dogshit regressive dumbfucks. the last time I played on colonial there was a guy singing about his child bride, columbine, etc and everyone thought he was hilarious

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

eonwe posted:

and honestly, both sides have dogshit regressive dumbfucks. the last time I played on colonial there was a guy singing about his child bride, columbine, etc and everyone thought he was hilarious

While there are definitely a bunch of regressive shits it has become a self-reinforcing cycle that it's much more likely for someone to be yelled out of colonial chat for being an explicit nazi which just leads to them joining wardens in the next war and staying there. This is something that has been going on for well over a year.
Definitely a next step after removing them would be trying to stamp out the racism/sexism but that's unfortunately not nearly as controversial as either implicit or explicit support of nazism/neo-nazism among the average (game) population.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah im pretty sure the devs don't care about that unfortunately

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Also a dev made a response about supply caches.

" Here posted:

[Dev] markusn82
1 hour ago
We made a mistake with the Supply Caches and should have removed them as soon as we introduced the dynamic starting conditions. Hope this changes at least helps a bit with early war stability.

So hopefully that's the end of them not just for this war.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Just an FYI the timeframe on the clan/regiment/whatever system is in the months off range. My guess is because they literally have to build the entire backend setup for this stuff because since day 1 they've been using Steam as their player DB pretty much. Right now they don't have much more than SteamID = this person for player info. Also they will probably have to hire an actual Customer Service person because right now 98% of in-game player customer service related interaction is with volunteers you have to contact via a bot in Discord.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The first war I was in I joined the Wardens and it was nonstop Nazi poo poo in chat so I've been colonial ever since

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Rynoto posted:

Caches have had a snowballing effect for a while now. Also didn't help there were almost three times as many wardens as colonials which is why queues were getting into the hour(s) range.

More importantly and disturbingly is that the severe problem of warden nazi/nazi-adjacent groups is starting to boil over Here and also on the discord while the devs and mods have been completely silent.

I was in the foxhole discord with the mods present and someone was just going off about the Chinese and how they are the worst and ruining everything and really getting vile and obviously super racist. They did not care one little bit. Didn't kick him from the game. Didn't kick him from the discord. They don't seem to give a single poo poo about racism.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Sillybones posted:

I was in the foxhole discord with the mods present and someone was just going off about the Chinese and how they are the worst and ruining everything and really getting vile and obviously super racist. They did not care one little bit. Didn't kick him from the game. Didn't kick him from the discord. They don't seem to give a single poo poo about racism.

Never had. They've never cared about any moderation because they are permanently tinkering with their game, adding stuff instead of fixing stuff. They really need a wake up call.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Devstream was today, some details & pictures in 2nd post. Dead Harvest (Human vs Zombie mode) confirmed to come back this year !

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Det_no posted:

Never had. They've never cared about any moderation because they are permanently tinkering with their game, adding stuff instead of fixing stuff. They really need a wake up call.

There have been a few mods who have expressed frustration with it but as far as I'm aware any real moderation decision is required to go through a single incompetent micromanager (KFC).

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

The current war just ended, Wardens won (no big surprise there), next one kicks off 12 PM EST Friday the30th. Start positions below :

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I really have been enjoying the last wave of wars. The tightening of maps have produced good variety, I feel like each war I gotta learn a new route to the front.

Compare that to wars last year where I basically became the guardian vigil of White Chapel in the mountains.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I've been encouraged to get this but I don't know if I can stomach another game with alt right chuds after Mordhau.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

I've been encouraged to get this but I don't know if I can stomach another game with alt right chuds after Mordhau.

Absolutely would not recommend in its current state.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I ain't heard poo poo in this game from my own personal probes. I have not gone discord diving, but in game and local chat have been nice. From my asking around, it seems like the things people have heard, second hand, in hushed post-abuse whispers, that the racism that does happen is more European style than American style.

I'm a brown dude who's into wargaming. I've seen this poo poo before. Haven't seen it here. When/if I do see it in Foxhole, the mechanics are in place for me to give them a personal local chatban (by shooting them in the face).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It's certainly not Mordhau bad unless there is a Discord channel as bad as that certain thread.

This poo poo has always been a thing with any power fantasy military dudes with guns games. I still think instead of obsessing and avoiding the game over it aside from schedule issues what is stopping us from grouping up and rolling these chuds again?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
No one is obsessing?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Destream Tuesday Sept 10th Highlights ! Hold onto your butts 'cause things gonna go crazy ! :gizz: :suspense: :holy:

Accessing crates & stockpiles buffed ! Icons ! Counts of items ! Max capacity of boxes ! No more having to use a truck to pull out stuff in order to refine it ! Straight from box to refine confirmed !

Relic transport buses added back into game as a tech tree unlock vehicle !

Vehicle making systems revamped ! No more making a 5x pack of poo poo for 1k/2k RMats that you then have to move ! You can build singles of whatever now ! Light tanks cost 140 RMat each ! Generic tank ammo no longer needs HEMat to make (special types like AP/HE/Shrapnel still require HEMat/RMat) ! Number of Oil Wells going up by 30% ! Vehicle Buffs ! Holy poo poo this is a lot of exclamation points ! Get your :killdozer: on and :killing: !

SPECIAL ROUNDS for Howitzers, Field Artillery, Mortars !

MOTHERFUCKING FLARES IN THIS MOTHERFUCKING PLANE GAME !

Spawn system revamp ! No more "Star" bases ! No more border forts !

More map related things ! Colored squares for whatever reason !

Home islands getting training area revamps ! Actual useful training areas implemented, even for most (but not all) water vehicles ! Practice your D-Day simulations before you actually try them ! :gitgud:

If what I heard on stream is right the dev branch will be active sometime before the weekend and expected release date is Wednesday September 18th ! :bird: :uhaul:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sounds like a good update.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
neat

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
This game seems to have a very difficult entry curve. I understand how to log in, get a rifle and bullets, and then run to the front line to get killed.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

SERPUS posted:

This game seems to have a very difficult entry curve. I understand how to log in, get a rifle and bullets, and then run to the front line to get killed.

Yeah unfortunately this game has a bit of an EvE Online jump-in-sink-or-swim thing going on wrt to new players. Fortunately the starting areas for each side are getting updated with more useful training stuff in the upcoming update. Even now there are weird people who will show you things if you ask in the home regions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Hot from the official Discord:

quote:

For those wondering, the ETA on Update 29 dev branch is now Friday morning. We'll keep you guys updated.