Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Update 29 is live today. New war just started with all maps this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I'm going to update the OP tonight sometime with the .29 changes. If anyone has any input or suggestions feel free to post them.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Have we decided which side we're fighting for? I'm down for the allegedly less-Nazi Collies.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

So today was Devstream Tuesday, not a whole lot of major game change announced but we were informed that the Dead Harvest event will apparently be starting Saturday October 19th ! The next Devstream Tuesday on October 8th will apparently be dedicated to info on the event itself.

The following two slides detail some further Logi QoL changes that will be coming soon.

Note: above slide is NOT cut off at the bottom, it just references the following image

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I took a break this past war. I'm not seeing the rampant racism everyone else is describing, but between the endless trolls and anemic moderation in regard to any and everything, it can get annoying. There are some seriously terrible people playing this game, and it seems like reaching 2LT rank turns many people into raging jerks.

The flaccid moderation does have an upside, though: There's usually very little consequences for using weapons to admonish someone for being rude. It's amazing how shocked and confused a verbally abusive player becomes after being TKed.

How Disgusting
Feb 21, 2018

Vorenus posted:

I took a break this past war. I'm not seeing the rampant racism everyone else is describing, but between the endless trolls and anemic moderation in regard to any and everything, it can get annoying. There are some seriously terrible people playing this game, and it seems like reaching 2LT rank turns many people into raging jerks.

The flaccid moderation does have an upside, though: There's usually very little consequences for using weapons to admonish someone for being rude. It's amazing how shocked and confused a verbally abusive player becomes after being TKed.

You forgot to mention all the beggars, vagrants and hitchikers.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

War 38 ended about 8:30 pm EST last night, Colonials won. This breaks the Warden win streak at 4. Next war starts 12 noon EST on Monday the 30th. Here's the layout this go around:

If anyone has wondered what a coordinated tank & infantry fight looks like, take a look at this video. Colonials attacked the town of Ogmaran (in The Moors) from the west starting at about 10 pm. the 27th and this fight went on for a good 4 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV_IbR4BdSM

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 29, 2019

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Picked up this game with the steam sale at about 11 dollars

It's fun and engaging and I'm thinkin about it while at work.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
this game is a great hobo murdersim

i haven't played in several months, is it worth hopping back into? i wasted many a day scrappin' for bmats.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

cmdrk posted:

this game is a great hobo murdersim

i haven't played in several months, is it worth hopping back into? i wasted many a day scrappin' for bmats.

Dunno how it was before but they just pushed out a big update for trench warfare.

Adding trenches and other buildable defenses.

Also ambulances and hospitals are a thing now too

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Thanks for the replies folks, saves me from having to save this thread from archiving! :tipshat:

Anyway, yeah, we have buildable trenches now. They come in basic, mid-grade, and advanced. Basics can be built for free but are flimsy, mids require BMats and advanced are made of metal infused concrete and you have a literal concrete mixer sitting there chugging away (takes Components in, spits concrete out @ 10:1 ratio). You can put barbed wire on the trench edges, build bunkers, and big rear end AI controlled AT Turrets are even a thing (once you build a special power generation room to run them). At the absolute end of the tech tree is a buildable 300mm/11.8 inch artillery piece that has a range of about 1/2 a zone, but is in zone use only. As it is right now this is about 1/2 of the system as intended. They had to do so much coding and gfx work and so on they only released half of it on the 11th. Devs are taking a week off or so for XMas and then working on the 2nd half which is slated for release some time in January.

Other things added:
Ambulance, medical tents, changes to 1st aid/trauma kits, and a wounded soldier recovery mechanic
New portable LMG, slightly less portable HMG, a 3rd level emplaced HMG or something and then a 2pc man portable 30mm cannon... thing.
Some weapons got new shot gfx and sound fx
New "!stuck" command, meant to help get you unjammed from the many possible stupid ways to get yourself or a vehicle stuck in geometry or on top of something.
New (& currently highly disliked) system that affects upgrade parts. Depending on factors the value of 1 part can deviate from the long time 1:1 ratio, can vary anywhere from 0.8 to 1.4:1 now.

And if anyone cares the current war is #45. The devs made this one a whole map open one. The town of Brackish (north-central Endless shore) has been under sustained Colonial assault for over 4 days now - 145,000+ casualties since war start and the per hour death rate is above 1.1k right now. The island map of Godscroft has been a back and forth match over the entire map.

I guess I'll have to update the 1st/2nd posts now

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

MREBoy posted:

New (& currently highly disliked) system that affects upgrade parts. Depending on factors the value of 1 part can deviate from the long time 1:1 ratio, can vary anywhere from 0.8 to 1.4:1 now.

This one in particular is a big killer and hopefully to be reverted eventually. Besides that the devs still haven't figured out that constantly adding in new systems without actually stopping to balance any of the old ones isn't particularly good for the game. That combined with logistics burnout due to their(devs) complete refusal to accept that long slow drives across boring maps isn't good game design is already depressing the population again from its update hype by ~1/3.

There is the glimmer of a good game in there but it's covered in poo poo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
How does the Ambulance thing work? might just tool around and help with all the dying because our numbers cannot pick up for the moment.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Is there any goon presence besides a few individuals? The new stuff added since I last played does seem interesting, might give it another shot. Playing alone seems like a miserable prospect though.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Logi is fun when you first start the game because you feel like you're really contributing to the war effort, but then the war ends and the map resets and you realize how ultimately pointless it is. Nothing can change that, and that's the biggest problem with the game. The only fix I can think of is self driving trucks.

There really is a good game here, it's just bogged down by tedium.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Arven posted:

The only fix I can think of is self driving high speed trains.

Fixed that for you :v:.

Automating scrapping and rolling back scarcity would also improve the back end gameplay a lot too by making it easier to do something other than pump out the bare basics in an hour's worth of game time. Plus it would also mean the midgame and endgame play differently from the early game.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

How does the Ambulance thing work? might just tool around and help with all the dying because our numbers cannot pick up for the moment.

Ok so the new thing is when a player is killed, there is a small chance that a Critically Wounded Soldier will be created. This CWS can then be picked up by another player and taken to an Ambulance or possibly near by Medic Tent. If put in an Ambulance they are then taken to a Tent or Hospital (+ marker on map, usually near a town somewhere). After some time in the Tent/Hospital this soldier is sent home & his Shirt is recycled. After a while you can collect the reclaimed Shirts & use them to supply towns and bases and wherever people spawn. And before you ask, yes the ability to pick up and carry not quite dead yet players is coming out in the January update. This is so you can hopefully revive them somewhere where you aren't being actively shot at by the enemy. Also the death timer was bumped from 20 seconds to 30 seconds, or you can press a button to give up after 10 seconds.

In addition, the First Aid Kit and Trauma Kit now use Bandages and Blood Plasma as use charges. Bandages stack but the Blood Plasma does not. So you will need to carry both kits and a good 10+ Bandages and at least 3-4 Plasmas if you are gonna go all serious on the Medic stuff. The devs made crates of Bandages & Plasma have 80 units per box so its not hard/expensive to get this stuff. Icing on the cake is that you now visibly carry the medkit in your hand when you have it deployed and you even set it down on the ground & open it up when you use it. It's kinda cool actually, a not super obvious but still visible way of saying I AM A MEDIC so hopefully all the I NEED A MEDIC :derp: morons running in circles might be able to tell that you can help them.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Game is on sale 45% off by the way.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Game is on sale 45% off by the way.

Since I bought it last week I've put in over 24 hrs, it's definitely worth the time sink for ne.

I enjoy its something I can hop on do my own thing and contribute to the whole and then log out and check up later to see how a battle i was in or supplied played out

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I started playing again after I saw the trench update was up. I randomly picked Colonials and clicked on a shiny part of the map and ended up pushing across a couple lines of Warden trenches in a big battle, it was fun!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I've wanted this for a while and, after redeeming some nonsense steam tokens, it was only $5.00. Once I learn how servers work, I'll see you goons in the trenches!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This game is fun and I'm glad I picked it up. Running logi is actually pretty rewarding when you have a team working together and bring crates of stuff to a front that is in need. Driving a full flatbed full of crates and being welcomed as a hero owns

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Randomly picked up a new player goon in my barge before hunting and killing a warden FA and its barge. A good evening and welcome random new foxhole goon.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land
Three of my friends and I picked this up over Christmas sales. It is a good game, buuuut; I do have one question. How come people seem to be able to see further then us every time? Is there some camera jank to see further then you should? Is there a camera control the tutorial skimmed over?

Otherwise the game is great fun, and the pubbies seem to be mostly cooperative, especially the logicstics runners.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

You see and shoot farther if you aim using the corner of your screen.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Ways to see further:

1. Use the top corners of your screen. you aim a bit further than aiming to any other sides. Note that this doesn't work for the bottom corners.

2. Equip and switch to binoculars, they let you scout ahead for a long distance.

3. Be on the high ground- the camera maintains the same angle to the ground, so you see further downhill.

Also keep in mind that there is a line of sight stealth system in this game- you can hide motionless in bushes or behind walls and not get seen, which can look like you're getting shot from beyond your sight range.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
also some bullets do go farther than your line-of-sight so spraying with a spotter can be useful

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

So yeah I have not updated the OP or 2nd post in literally 3 months at this point. It is my intent to fix this bit of laxity on my part sometime in the next few days. I will bring it up to date with the current game version - if anyone has any requests or something interesting to add feel free to do so.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Rynoto posted:

Randomly picked up a new player goon in my barge before hunting and killing a warden FA and its barge. A good evening and welcome random new foxhole goon.

It was fun floating down the river until we encountered a barge with many more enemy troops onboard, I got so excited I felt out of the boat and got shot getting back aboard. 10/10

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

While the new trench warfare stuff is neat, I am hoping they'll start focusing more on mobility and logistics now. I cannot see them doing any more Interbellum fortress crap.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Hey folks - obviously I never got around to updating stuff like I said I would but hey maybe now that my job had a 90% decrease in business I might actually get around to it ! Waiting so long might actually have been beneficial as the next update is coming very soon ! Game v35 is slated for release some time this week - devbranch was all last week and they turned it off just this morning. This patch (and apparently the next one) are very logi oriented. Also the current war (#51) is about over, it has been going on for about 17 days or so at this point.

http://www.foxholegame.com/post/update-35-dev-branch-released

tl,dr:

New Tier 2-ish factory, the Mass Production Facility ! Can make Light arms, Heavy arms and Vehicles, you trade increased cook time for increased order sizes and a input material discount ! Make 9 crates of ammo at once ! make 9 Battle Tanks at once with a 30% discount on RMat cost !
Perma-Cranes at in-town logi sites ! Ports & logi buildings now have permanent cranes attached to them ! :niggly:
Automines now have a stockpile ! The Oil Well can now hold up to 50 cans in its output bin ! Other mines can hold up to 5000 units now ! :hawaaaafap:
Submit stuff to a refinery straight from the big shipping crate ! no more dump-in-pull-with-truck-to-refine nonsense ! :v:
Other UI changes ! An actual functional right click menu for stuff ! Dump your 15 crates of stuff from a truck into a building in 1 click ! :eyepop:
Usual assortment of bug fixes & tweaks to other stuff :derp:

So while driving a lot around hasn't been really addressed, this gives anyone who does logi some relief now and :confuoot: in the near future.

Also the devstream that would normally be tomorrow got cancelled :saddowns:

SeanBeansShako posted:

While the new trench warfare stuff is neat, I am hoping they'll start focusing more on mobility and logistics now. I cannot see them doing any more Interbellum fortress crap.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I am still waiting hoping this thing gets some activity again, was drat fun when we had people willing to do things.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

I Saw A Bear (dev fav streamer guy if you didnt know) put out his "this is what is new & exciting this patch" explanation video:

Weapons of Mass Production (New Logi Mechanics) - Foxhole (Update 35)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMnTNpoPWg8

bit under 12 minutes

Also new war starts tomorrow at noon EST ! Get yer :tfrxmas: on !

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?
Old but gold. I'm Captain Paperweight, getting hung up at a window and dying stupidly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtUszewOe8I

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

I am still waiting hoping this thing gets some activity again, was drat fun when we had people willing to do things.

It's been a month and I am considering leaving the discord for this thing, see above?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I've been finding that War Thunder is a lot more fun for my time especially since it looks like devs really hate the idea of solo logi doing anything tbh.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

War Thunder is not fun, it is a grindy skinner box extraordinaire and I will forever be bitter at it for severely limiting how you can paint your planes

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Cup Runneth Over posted:

War Thunder is not fun, it is a grindy skinner box extraordinaire and I will forever be bitter at it for severely limiting how you can paint your planes

I put a goofy face on my tank destroyers. Good times

I also fought my way through garbage midtier British he-less tanks to find out the chieftain isn't actually any fun

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

War 53 ended early this AM (EST time) with a Warden victory! A funny highlight of this war was that when the Wardens captured Blemish & Silk Farms an absolutely stupid amount of supplies/materials/vehicles were recovered from each of the captured Storage Depots. The last day and a half of the war was a Yakkity Sax of Wardens driving swarms of various Colonial vehicles everywhere, mostly using them as sacrificial targets to block AT turrets & garrison houses.

And in other news Update 36 is being released this week ! This update has a lot of back-end changes and some new stuff to play with. One new thing is Prototyping ! You find somewhat rare bits of stuff & submit them to the now-returned Technology Center. The result has some RNG aspect to it but the results can include most of the previously removed Relic Vehicles & items from the Tech tree that are not yet unlocked ! For you logistics types this DOES INCLUDE the Harvester !

http://www.foxholegame.com/post/36-release-notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So it is worth keeping an eye on this in case it leaves Early Access or should I look for non Goons to play this game with?