Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019
im going on collie hunt

namirie kairi fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Even with that comically lopsided tank buff I am amazed how the Colonial faction just cannot work together to grab a near victory.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

SeanBeansShako posted:

Even with that comically lopsided tank buff I am amazed how the Colonial faction just cannot work together to grab a near victory.

LARPing on reddit is more fun

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."

Why bother winning a war when you will be rewarded for losing???

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
IT'S JOEVER!!! Wardens win War 110!

War 111 starts Saturday, join the discord if a large industrial project sounds like fun to you!

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

LARPing on reddit is more fun

i mean we are goons we are known to do both on eve online why not on foxhole too

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well Roy and Pokchu were politely asked to leave on both the official reddit and discord by the moderators when they pointed out the balance and coding issues with the game, I personally think talking to brick walls would be more fun.

I'd stick to engaging with the game because the social media around it seems to be a red string corkboard affair of crazy.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
That's kind of sad. Both Roy and Pokchu are very moderate and temperate posters.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Both find it hilarious.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
how dare they

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well Roy and Pokchu were politely asked to leave on both the official reddit and discord by the moderators when they pointed out the balance and coding issues with the game, I personally think talking to brick walls would be more fun.

I'd stick to engaging with the game because the social media around it seems to be a red string corkboard affair of crazy.

if they asked me to leave id say fix the problem im showing you and you wont hear from me the reason they were asked to leave is to silence them from pointing out the problem that exist because they are scared

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019
the reason i say that is because if you allow them to silence you on the problems at any point it get worst later on down the road

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

It's a video game...

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019

Lead out in cuffs posted:

It's a video game...

i think you are missing contexts with why i said what i said and i acknowledge that its a video game but letting game devs of one game get away with some of the things that this one is will tell other devs that its okay and i get it we play video games to have fun, theres no problem with that. i just dont want games like this where they have a lot of partential to be a 9 out of 10 just be a mediocre 7 out of 10 because of favoritism. thats why i said what i said.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We're getting the general feeling the developers of Foxhole are just coasting at this point as they just cannot deal with the limitations of the choice of their engine.

I imagine they cut off all contact from a majority of players years ago due to both sides have unhinged crazies.

Also, reminder Bad Man Larry is still hilariously banned.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

We're getting the general feeling the developers of Foxhole are just coasting at this point as they just cannot deal with the limitations of the choice of their engine.

I imagine they cut off all contact from a majority of players years ago due to both sides have unhinged crazies.

Can you elaborate? Has something happened after the end of last war?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Aren’t they making another game anyway? I imagine they’re coasting because this game is on its way out.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Medieval Foxhole

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Keisari posted:

Can you elaborate? Has something happened after the end of last war?

The developers really don't communicate with the playerbase or have anyone do PR.

They host streams for the big content and project out but direct communication or interaction not a thing.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

The developers really don't communicate with the playerbase or have anyone do PR.

They host streams for the big content and project out but direct communication or interaction not a thing.

Ah, ok thanks for the clarification. So there's not some big drama thing going down, just the usual.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

i dont think this is a bad thing.
They generally ignore balance suggestions, instead having their own vision.

The bad thing is the fact that they dont balance for balance
they balance on win rates. This has lead to some toxic feedback loop where one side has to cooperate a lot to achieve victory, while other side can solo hammer really good jack of all trades tanks which leads to less cooperation.

And cooperation in this game is one of key factors that determines if one side wins or loses.
couple of examples facilities in key defensive positions because you cant cooperate to produce general shareable resources.
major fortifications in one region sucking up several regions worth of msups to maintain (both sides have this problem but colonial side suffers from this more).
a lot of wasted resources in duplication because you cant share facilities or dont want to use public ones.
failed landing attempts because you cant coordinate combined infantry/tank operation. (landing is one of most underpowered/hardest thing in general).
Artillery shells for repelling attacks. (this could just be down to more effective warden partisans but it could also be lack of shared shells)

and on top of that losses reduce cooperation between regiments, which makes it even harder for one side to win.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Im not however saying that collies are playing worse. If wardens had this kind of equipment they would quickly devolve as well.

in general it only takes crew of 2 to man a collie tank and the mainstay collie tank can also carry bmats with it.
warden tanks require 2-4 man crew to operate effectively, i suspect this is also the reason why wardens do better on weekends as warden tank operations require more manpower.
There is also lack of variety in colonial side. You pretty much only see 4 types of tanks.

Spatha/falchion can do everything well, 2 man crew, spatha being more powerful but cant carry bmats and is more expensive/time consuming.
Ltd is a really nimble tank destroyer with great range, 2 man crew open topped
bardiche has commander operated LMG and short ranged gun with greater damage than silverhand. 3 man crew
ballista which only requires 2 to man and carries more shells than chieftain
Kranesca fast rarely seen tank excels at flanking i would only operate with crew of 3

warden side
outlaw requires 3 man crew has great range but low dps.
bonelaw great burst of dmg but really hard to operate requires 3 man crew main gun 7.92 and bonesaw that is tied to main gun orientation.
ATRlaw also hard to use great dps low burst damage 3 man crew has 12.7 as well.
silverhand great tank cant turn longer range than bardiche but requires 4 man crew and dps halves when attacked from side.
chieftain is ballista with lmg on top turns slow is bit faster has turret on top 3 man crew.
std has really powerful gun but has low dps is open topped, can repair from inside and suffers from silverhand flaws, 3 man crew
noble widow is slow 2 man tank destroyer that always fuel starved, but has a really powerful gun and armor easily flanked.

lower and higher rank tanks are more balanced with warden super tank being more useful (both supertanks are waste of resources).
battle tanks are kind of same with collies getting nasty td variant while wardens get flame variant of battle tank.

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 28, 2024

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The foxhole devs want the game to die just like CCP wants eve online to die. We continue to fight because we hate the devs and want them to be eternally chained to their dumb bad game.

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019

Dark Off posted:

Im not however saying that collies are playing worse. If wardens had this kind of equipment they would quickly devolve as well.

in general it only takes crew of 2 to man a collie tank and the mainstay collie tank can also carry bmats with it.
warden tanks require 2-4 man crew to operate effectively, i suspect this is also the reason why wardens do better on weekends as warden tank operations require more manpower.
There is also lack of variety in colonial side. You pretty much only see 4 types of tanks.

Spatha/falchion can do everything well, 2 man crew, spatha being more powerful but cant carry bmats and is more expensive/time consuming.
Ltd is a really nimble tank destroyer with great range, 2 man crew open topped
bardiche has commander operated LMG and short ranged gun with greater damage than silverhand. 3 man crew
ballista which only requires 2 to man and carries more shells than chieftain
Kranesca fast rarely seen tank excels at flanking i would only operate with crew of 3

warden side
outlaw requires 3 man crew has great range but low dps.
bonelaw great burst of dmg but really hard to operate requires 3 man crew main gun 7.92 and bonesaw that is tied to main gun orientation.
ATRlaw also hard to use great dps low burst damage 3 man crew has 12.7 as well.
silverhand great tank cant turn longer range than bardiche but requires 4 man crew and dps halves when attacked from side.
chieftain is ballista with lmg on top turns slow is bit faster has turret on top 3 man crew.
std has really powerful gun but has low dps is open topped, can repair from inside and suffers from silverhand flaws, 3 man crew
noble widow is slow 2 man tank destroyer that always fuel starved, but has a really powerful gun and armor easily flanked.

lower and higher rank tanks are more balanced with warden super tank being more useful (both supertanks are waste of resources).
battle tanks are kind of same with collies getting nasty td variant while wardens get flame variant of battle tank.

one thing i like to see personally is the outlaw but with the mg replaced with a flame thrower i feel like that would put it on par with the spartha in terms of balance with the only down side of it requiring a 3rd person to do be effective against it

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
Our ammo factory has successfully provided enough shells to let Warden gunners shoot their way through a base that's been bedeviling Endless Shore all war long!

Meanwhile, random undefended puggy poo poo-facs around us are soaking up Colonial flame tank raids for us like decoys, burning while we laugh at their misfortune.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
we made over a hundred pallots of 120s in like 2 days lol

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019

KlavoHunter posted:

Our ammo factory has successfully provided enough shells to let Warden gunners shoot their way through a base that's been bedeviling Endless Shore all war long!

Meanwhile, random undefended puggy poo poo-facs around us are soaking up Colonial flame tank raids for us like decoys, burning while we laugh at their misfortune.

i think they are trying (and failing) to find us

namirie kairi
Aug 16, 2019
i wish we had more people to join us in this war that way we can have more friends to point and laugh with at all these other people who are consistantly burning

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

it's pretty good. we're like the only people who bothered to build defenses so when partisan teams come into hex they just avoid us and hit someone else.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Spring sale! Was waiting a couple weeks for a discount and here it is! 33% off ($20.09)

I'm a total noob. I played for like 10 minutes way back when there was a play-for-free weekend or something. I dug a hole and got shot, I think?

Anyways, I've been watching some videos and this game looks super fun and chill. How do I play?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Spring sale! Was waiting a couple weeks for a discount and here it is! 33% off ($20.09)

I'm a total noob. I played for like 10 minutes way back when there was a play-for-free weekend or something. I dug a hole and got shot, I think?

Anyways, I've been watching some videos and this game looks super fun and chill. How do I play?

Join the wardens, and then join goons on discord! We can fill you in on the deep intricacies of the game and how to not get yelled at by the sweatiest nerds you’ve ever heard.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Might be the first time I ever heard "chill" about foxhole

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Lol the game can be chill. Backline logi, frontline scavenging, facility touching, etc

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh yeah you really can get into the zone scrooping with a good podcast or music list.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
There is going to be a NEW PATCH

https://www.foxholegame.com/post/update-56-dev-branch-released

Frigates! Colonial sub we can blow up! Other changes people agree are good and others people agree are bad. and so on. a good time to start playing will be in like 10 days when the current war ends and we get all these amazing new features (RESOURCE CONTAINER COLORS).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I might poke this war a little simple to sail about in a frigate and slap down Colonial Gunboats for ruining fun times.

Also enjoy the concept that after several hundred wars both sides have discovered the world is now ROUND instead of a flat disc.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SeanBeansShako posted:

I might poke this war a little simple to sail about in a frigate and slap down Colonial Gunboats for ruining fun times.

Also enjoy the concept that after several hundred wars both sides have discovered the world is now ROUND instead of a flat disc.

it's really more of a cylinder

taters
Jun 13, 2005

They fixed a bunch of longstanding bugs in this patch too, some many years old.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
War 111 is over and the Wardens are once again victorious! The whole next week is a “pre-patch” test war, so no goon activity and everyone is just messing around with the new stuff, and then the real war starts April 2nd!

If anyone wanders into this thread and is curious about foxhole it’s still alive and fun. Also it will suck you in and ruin your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I last played with goons a year (2?) ago. Since then it looks like they've made production of anything complicated enough to justify a college course explaining it.