Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
I wanna see Hall against a pressure fighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Soothing Vapors posted:

I am going to watch every fight this guy's ever had right after this card ends, this is incredible

The Gray Maynard one is the only other one I saw live and it's a whole lot like this~

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Brut posted:

Okay this was funny and all but please cut Ryan Hall.

this except put him on every card

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol ryan hall's face

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I only caught the last round, what was Hall landing that had Elkins looking so beat up? All I saw was Hall rolling around or running laps, and he's not even sweating :psyduck:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I only caught the last round, what was Hall landing that had Elkins looking so beat up? All I saw was Hall rolling around or running laps, and he's not even sweating :psyduck:

he kicked him a bunch and punched him

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Hall got a knockdown in round 1 with a spinning kick and a knockdown in round 2 with some sort of straight punch, naturally since this only makes The Damage stronger he was running away in the 3rd.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

spb posted:

he kicked him a bunch and punched him

classic fighting

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

G-Hawk posted:

this except put him on every card

My actual problem with him is that he's 34 years old, fights once a year at most and as far as I can tell they never ever ever intend to match him against an actual opponent, they just keep giving him old men ready for retirement. I mean seriously he fought Lobov, Maynard, Penn and now Elkins. Probably all 4 of those should be retired (though Lobov for slightly different reasons)

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I wonder if they'll announce Nicco Montano as a former champion

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Does best strike absorption mean what I think it means?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Does best strike absorption mean what I think it means?

yup

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Brut posted:

My actual problem with him is that he's 34 years old, fights once a year at most and as far as I can tell they never ever ever intend to match him against an actual opponent, they just keep giving him old men ready for retirement. I mean seriously he fought Lobov, Maynard, Penn and now Elkins. Probably all 4 of those should be retired (though Lobov for slightly different reasons)

That's because he's almost unmarketable and no one outside of jiu jitsu nerds and weirdos like him. Also, I don't think anyone wants to fight him.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Nice Josh Rosenthal is back :420:

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
Ryan Hall has some touchbutt trustfall fighting style and it was really funny to watch him drop that guy multiple times in between constantly safely falling to the ground every 20 seconds or so

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

JaySB posted:

That's because he's almost unmarketable and no one outside of jiu jitsu nerds and weirdos like him. Also, I don't think anyone wants to fight him.

For a while he only wanted to fight people in the top 10. That's why there's a big gulf of time between the maynard fight and the bj penn fight.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Montano looks like all strenght min max build

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

https://streamable.com/7rnzx

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is Urijah Faber gonna die tonight? :ohdear:

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

dang

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
cool finish

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Neat.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

nice

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
that owned

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

sauce metaphors

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
He looks so happy :kimchi:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
way to wreck it with your dance move bro

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I haven't really watched this fight but every time I look over someone is getting kicked directly in the dick and also balls

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is Randamie the one who kept punching Holm after the bell and won?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

beep by grandpa posted:

Is Randamie the one who kept punching Holm after the bell and won?

Yes and went onto getting stripped of the belt cause she was scared to fight Cyborg

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Vettori is... good?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Vettori is... good?

Yeah I mean his last fight (Adesanya) was fairly competitive, I remember his cardio not holding at all for the third though, we'll see how this one goes.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Faheya's strike absorption is elite

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Every time I see Clay Guidas face I feel like I know exactly what he smells like

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

this guy keeps saying "r-word"

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
This guy better be called The Turmanator

e]gently caress thats a solid welt on his leg from that one low kick

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 14, 2019

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hi-eee

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

So people were accusing this Wellington guy of having a padded record so I went to have a brief look.

First fight: 0-2 opponent
Second fight: Another person coincidentally also named "Wellington" who as far as I can tell does not actually exist.
Next few opponent records: 7-1, 3-0, 4-4, 5-4, 3-1, 0-1.

Loses to a 10-3 guy

next few wins opponent records: 0-11, 6-5, 13-11

Loses to a 9-3 guy

last 4 wins opponent records: 13-3, 9-8, 12-3, 17-4

I'd call that massively padded, would you?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
0-11 lol but also :smith:

e] lol at the censor muting the guy saying poo poo and then missing HES FUCKIN TIRED

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

0-11 lol but also :smith:

e] lol at the censor muting the guy saying poo poo and then missing HES FUCKIN TIRED

The 0-11 guy is now 0-17 so padding people's records is probably literally his job.