Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Extreme Rules live up to the EXTREME Spirit?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I almost didn't realize this was WWE and not late 90s ECW! 2 4.26%
No... it's even more Extreme than anything they've ever done before! 7 14.89%
Wow this show is really cool. Like.... I've never seen anything cooler than this. 7 14.89%
So wait, why doesn't Baron Corbin just kick Becky in the face and pin HER? 31 65.96%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

You guys have to know they're ignoring the Lacey can't challenge stip as soon as tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We all want to do this.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1150598379052781568

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Psychepath posted:

Why are you doing this? Why have you been doing this since a few days ago? This show is a full on bad after-taste and you've been sucking WWE's dick for a week.

What PPV was better? A lot of people elsewhere are saying the same thing. The least amount of negative feedback I've seen in a long time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

boxcarhobo posted:

actually i feel pretty sure now that they'll like punish baron corbin on raw for hitting becky, but i will not watch it to find out

poo poo, they'll probably make it his new "thing". He won't actually hit another woman, but everyone will have to act like they're afraid he's going to.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lmao that camera work

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Just pretend Seth is hitting him with a really large bread stick.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rovert posted:

What PPV was better? A lot of people elsewhere are saying the same thing. The least amount of negative feedback I've seen in a long time.
It's like asking which execution method a death row inmate prefers to me

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
seth rollins is the lamest dork in the history of pro wrestling

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

I think that's damning with faint praise Rov. The last good WWE main roster show was... man I think the Rumble? And before that... man, I don't even know before that, it has been a LONG run of trash. This really wasn't that GOOD, just... not poo poo.

Or just judging WWE by their own standards.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert posted:

double or nothing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

What PPV was better?

I enjoyed Fight for the Fallen more than this, but that's utterly irrelevant, it's a purely subjective thing and is absolutely zero basis for any kind of argument.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

he meant WWE ppv and tbh im having trouble remembering anything that actually sticks out, they've all been kind of bad for a while

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rovert posted:

slammiversary actually was lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Davros1 posted:

gently caress. YOU. OLIVE. GARDEN.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jerusalem posted:

I enjoyed Fight for the Fallen more than this, but that's utterly irrelevant, it's a purely subjective thing and is absolutely zero basis for any kind of argument.

I was gonna say that and like everything NJPW has done but he was referring to the last WWE PPV that was any good and I guess that was Wrestlemania?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

boxcarhobo posted:

he meant WWE ppv and tbh im having trouble remembering anything that actually sticks out, they've all been kind of bad for a while

we dont grade on a curve here in the pagoda

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

We were talking about WWE.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Does NXT count?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

I was gonna say that and like everything NJPW has done but he was referring to the last WWE PPV that was any good and I guess that was Wrestlemania?

Wrestlemania loving sucked

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

rovert posted:

Slammiversary a week ago. The G1 is ongoing. Evolve last night.

No one is impressed or cares when the biggest company with the best roster in the world puts on a 5/10 show after putting on a bunch of 3/10 shows.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 15, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Ahh my bad sorry, I misread your post.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Isn't it still going on?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

rovert posted:

I'll say this, if the shows ARE going to change in any significant way this week under their new management, this was a better note to start on than anyone could have expected. But having a good PPV doesn't fix the systemic problems that have made every PPV since the Rumble suck. Declining companies have had surprise good PPVs before and not seen any turnaround.

Next month is the real test, because if Summerslam is a trash fire and All Out knocks it out of the park things can get real bad real quick.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

boxcarhobo posted:

Yep. WWE needs to change a lot of things. And their roster isn't getting any younger.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

wrestlemania 30

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Dango Bango posted:

Yes it did. It was 28 hours long and blew rear end for huge portions of it, but there were some legitimately good matches in there. Kofi/Bryan best of all.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Does NXT count?

if it does then yea any one of the past like 5 have been miles better

i think he's talking about main roster ppvs though, and like they all run together so much because its just the same matches over and over idk which is which

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Yep. WWE needs to change a lot of things. And their roster isn't getting any younger.

What if they hire a bunch of older guys to make the current old guys look younger!?!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

Does NXT count?
Not really since anyone scooped up from NXT immediately becomes a different person and loses their ability to wrestle

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

What if they hire a bunch of older guys to make the current old guys look younger!?!

YOU'RE HIRED!!!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
WWE has successfully broken enough brains that they can get high praise for putting out a show that's mildly less worthless than the last

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

RealFoxy posted:

Not really since anyone scooped up from NXT immediately becomes a different person and loses their ability to wrestle

Sometimes they leave NXT, suck on the main roster, leave the company entirely, and are magically ridiculously great again

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

imagine i quoted the post of all the old men they're bringing in for raw anniversary a week from tomorrow

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Davros1 posted:

:chef:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mlw battle of coliseum or whatever the gently caress it was called was better than this trash come on people

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

WWE has successfully broken enough brains that they can get high praise for putting out a show that's mildly less worthless than the last

Yep. That's what I was getting at.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm tired of grading WWE shows on a curve. They should be better. Don't say "Best show in a while!" when it's still worse than the competition. Worse than IMPACT! That's worthless and no one learns.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

WWE has the best roster ever assembled and the best we can mount in their defense is "well it wasn't a literal zero out of ten this time"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Psychepath posted:

Yep. That's what I was getting at.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm tired of grading WWE shows on a curve. They should be better. Don't say "Best show in a while!" when it's still worse than the competition. Worse than IMPACT! That's worthless and no one learns.

There should be way more WMOTYC nominations from WWE because of this

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

"Say what you want, it just feels right that Brock has the title, he's the only one that has the aura of a champion. He should've been the one to attack Becky though, not Corbin. You're just mad that Based Brock is bringing the ratings back"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Brocky 2 Belts