Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Extreme Rules live up to the EXTREME Spirit?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I almost didn't realize this was WWE and not late 90s ECW! 2 4.26%
No... it's even more Extreme than anything they've ever done before! 7 14.89%
Wow this show is really cool. Like.... I've never seen anything cooler than this. 7 14.89%
So wait, why doesn't Baron Corbin just kick Becky in the face and pin HER? 31 65.96%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I had to try and direct a very high man to his hotel that is supposed to be trusted to install phone lines all week at my job to his hotel room. He drove 2 hours in the wrong direction.

What'd I miss on the preshow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I also do not give a drat about The Undertaker, Drew Galloway.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Guys I cannot believe in this moment we are watching the greatest undercard of all time, much better than anything at AEW Fight for the Fallen, bearing witness to The Big Dog and The Old Dog versus Shane McMahon and Drew Galloway

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I am a big fan of when WWE does extreme rules tag team matches where people are actually standing in the loving corner waiting for a tag

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

lmao if you think anything on AEW last night compares to this seven star classic.

e: lmao why did they flip to Reign's theme

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Is this poo poo just feeling more boring because the mainstream WWE audience are just full of families and superfans who don't react to hardly anything except the top guy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

They are reacting to everything they are meant to react to.

Uso/The Revival seems to be being worked like a first match in series.
So they're not meant to react to anything on the show? :confused:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If they're not going to bother hiding the gimmick he rises up from at least make it a coffin or something

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I've never heard a crowd chant This Is Awesome before going quiet immediately afterwards. There's no reaction to the finish. Sure is a lively crowd

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

I thought WWE PPV matches were short?
I thought the undercard was supposed to be good

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

a great undercard yessir

concussed britt was better than this poo poo for gently caress sake
Honestly the thing that's killing me is this dead rear end crowd that reacts to almost nothing. The wrestling hasn't been offensively bad or boring yet

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Power Windows posted:

Mitsuharu Misasha
Let's be serious here, she's more likely to break her own neck

Hayasasha

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

WWE style Last Man Standing matches are so loving weird to watch because all of a sudden every single move from a suplex to a burning hammer takes 9 seconds to get up from

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm laughing at the idea that so many people left for this match to get food or use the bathroom and they just work their way back so the fans can't escape

Why are there so many loving people out here in the lobby

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm loving dying and Bobby's wind up around the ring only to shove him gingerly

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

gently caress you Funaki, for some reason

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hmm wonder what this giant black surface is for they're walking towards

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I am the four feet of crash mats hidden in a black box that has no reason for being there, locked behind a two foot tall wooden gate

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Did they just add an uzi to Ricochet's dumb sound effects

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cmon we all saw the video, I think he's into a little more than just one

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

They muted the mics when Roman Reigns came out and forgot to turn them back on, it's okay. By the way the undercard will be better than anything at AEW

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm laughing that they took the time to address Owen's joke tweet

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Best match on the show unironically

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Thank you LedC/ZepC for tonight's PPV theme

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

What if Brock cashes in on Rollins and taps out to Becky

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

There are going to be plenty of those coming up next on DDT's free event Peter Pan! Immediately following that too on New Japan's G1 Night Four event
And there will be good women's wrestling and actually funny comedy!

And better matches in front of crowds that react better despite Japanese crowds only politely clapping during spots until the ending stretch

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

And maybe Chris Brookes will challenge Twitter to unsuspend his account :ohdear:
How can he lead the Maki Itoh Respect Army without a twitter account :negative:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

What the gently caress was that lmao I've never seen them do an rear end zoom in years

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Can't wait for this main event no DQ Extreme Rules match to start off with people standing on the apron waiting to be tagged in

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

dang i love a tag team extreme rules no holds barred winner take all match where teams have to tag in and out
Also please do not touch the women

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I just saw a gif of the Lacey rear end zoom and you couldn't even see what apparently they were supposed to be showing (Seth's name) because the camera was straight up her crack

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

What PPV was better? A lot of people elsewhere are saying the same thing. The least amount of negative feedback I've seen in a long time.
It's like asking which execution method a death row inmate prefers to me

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Does NXT count?
Not really since anyone scooped up from NXT immediately becomes a different person and loses their ability to wrestle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

WWE has the best roster ever assembled and the best we can mount in their defense is "well it wasn't a literal zero out of ten this time"
"Extreme Rules has better wrestlers than Fighter Fest" would have been a nearly accurate statement, they certainly have more great wrestlers than AEW does, but WWE main roster matches are the absolute loving worst. They're done in such a plug and play style that you wrestlers like Baron Corbin looks as good in the ring as AJ Styles because nobody is allowed to have any kind of unique style or show personality or they might accidentally get over.

Defending Usos/Revival for being bad and heatless by saying it's the first match in a long feud is silly, you never saw Okada/Tanahashi put on a boring, lazy match because they planned on feuding for 5 years. Yeah fine, the reason it was bad was because of the WWE style but that shouldn't be the norm.