Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Extreme Rules live up to the EXTREME Spirit?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I almost didn't realize this was WWE and not late 90s ECW! 2 4.26%
No... it's even more Extreme than anything they've ever done before! 7 14.89%
Wow this show is really cool. Like.... I've never seen anything cooler than this. 7 14.89%
So wait, why doesn't Baron Corbin just kick Becky in the face and pin HER? 31 65.96%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

This was utterly baffling. Not that Nakamura won, but that they did this on the pre-show.

I hope these guys are at least getting paid mad cash because holy gently caress what a waste.

What match would you have had instead?

The show is stacked.

Also, Balor is possibly turning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

The Croc posted:

seth and becky v baron and lacey is pre show worthy!

So there's no actual answer.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Another thing that makes the belts look utterly unimportant is shoving their match into the corner of the screen and playing an ad for the show we're already watching.

So you don't have an answer. In theory, I agree about belts not being on the preshow but just looking at actual card the matches you could switch in other circumstances have a stip, a title match or are more important to Summerslam (Owens vs Ziggler).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

I think the WWE has too many titles right now not to have title matches on the pre show. Its either that or don't have some titles defended on some PPVs.

ding ding ding

But wait and see if this is the start of a brand new direction for Finn.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Totally over delivered.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SaberToothedPie posted:

technically 2.5 stars is overdelivering on expectations

So better than the AEW main event.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Hahaha, you're all right, rovert :lol:

That main event was never-ending and far less fun.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Puckish Rogue posted:

Okay for real how many CM Punk ice cream bars are they paying you per post?

The same as everyone on my Twitter timeline I guess?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Excited for all four to tear down the house.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

BlackCircle posted:

This match should be MOTN but its gonna get like 4 minutes and its gonna suck.

What is it with this forum and thinking WWE PPV matches going short?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

CarlCX posted:

We're like two months away from Rey and Joe having a pair of PPV matches that lasted collectively less than three minutes

Those were extreme circumstances.

Most WWE PPV matches are very stretched out and overly long.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Is this poo poo just feeling more boring because the mainstream WWE audience are just full of families and superfans who don't react to hardly anything except the top guy

They are reacting to everything they are meant to react to.

Uso/The Revival seems to be being worked like a first match in series.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They had a hard time following The Undertaker tearing down the house.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

Pretty standard match, I'm more used to someone interfering while the referee watched for no reason whatsoever in my tag matches

A very second match on the card match for sure.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Puckish Rogue posted:

Ok, you’re cool.

Again read anywhere else on the internet or just listen to the crowd for the Undertaker tonight.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SaberToothedPie posted:

that was prob the best american match this weekend

Watch Riddle/Gulak from EVOLVE

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The crowd must be poorly mic'd in the arena given the reaction to this backstage segment?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I thought WWE PPV matches were short?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I thought the undercard was supposed to be good

On average it has been.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

you doing okay tonight?

Yes. Just posters on here said WWE PPVs matches tend to be too short. Something I've never before or not since 1999 or something.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SaberToothedPie posted:

If this match is longer than 5 minutes im done for the night

You dislike competitive lying down?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Honestly the thing that's killing me is this dead rear end crowd that reacts to almost nothing. The wrestling hasn't been offensively bad or boring yet

Wish the show was in Tacoma. Stomping Grounds had a NXT like crowd for the first half at least.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1150567783941300224

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Picked up hugely in the last few minutes.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Totally exceeded expectations and the crowd went crazy for the finish. Good stuff.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol sure bud

You are just trolling at this stage. Explain what I am wrong about? I didn't come into the match with high expectations and the first half was boring but it ended great.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This should be a crowd pleaser.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

I don't think the match really exceeded expectations Rov, I was tuning out for pretty much all but the last 5-6 minutes.

I agree you're right that the crowd was way into the ending though. The match just felt heatless and forced to me even though there were a few neat bits.

I AGREE

I expected worse. So it over delivered and I am not only person who said this.

For example

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1150570422351663105

I wish some people here would stop pretending my opinions are unique to me or I am doing a bit.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

For what it's worth I always respect your opinions as being earnest even though I frequently disagree with them and sometimes think you broadcast them a bit extra-loudly because you seem to have a contrarian streak. :)

This has been a good match so far!

Saying a crowd reacted for the finish or for the Undertaker isn't contrarianism though. Yet some posters are denying two observable things.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Commentators talking about current WWE superstar Rhyno whose non-compete doesn't end I think for a couple days yet so certainly hasn't been on any other wrestling promotion!

90% sure it is Tuesday

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Erebus posted:

You can find someone on Twitter who agrees with any possible opinion. It does not mean anything, and no one is saying that you literally are the only person on earth to think a thing so your attempts at "evidence" to the contrary are entirely unnecessary.

True but I am fairly sure that most reviews will likely agree with me about the finish. Nothing I've said in this thread has been out there at all.

Ultimately I prefer to discuss the show and not me. Can we knock off the needless combativeness?

Jerusalem posted:

rovert. Stop. Please.

I am just expressing my actual thoughts on the show and a lot of which you've agreed with me on.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Meadowhill posted:

Otis is drat good

The three way on Smackdown this(?) week was good stuff.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SaberToothedPie posted:

it sucks that daniel bryan used to be my fav and now zsj is superior in every way

Bryan will tell you that too. Just glad Bryan is still wrestling at all and seems healthy doing it.

The odds changed to New Day winning today.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wondering what Daniel Bryan does at Summerslam? Singles again?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

probably feud with shane and get buried

They set up Kevin Owens doing that on Smackdown this week.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Nairbo posted:

This crowd burnt itself out on the mostly boring LMS match and can't be bothered to care about actual good matches

Or it is a 2019 AJ match that doesn't get out of second gear.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

By the way the undercard will be better than anything at AEW

No one actually said that though. I said on paper that it could be.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It has still been a good show and probably the best WWE PPV of the year.

Ricochet was another betting favourite that lost.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Great match ****

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

CarlCX posted:

That was pointless but hilarious.

The point was further get Owens over as a babyface. It worked!