Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe

"The idea is based on the world lines traced out across spacetime by every electron. Rather than have myriad such lines, Wheeler suggested that they could all be parts of one single line like a huge tangled knot, traced out by the one electron. Any given moment in time is represented by a slice across spacetime, and would meet the knotted line a great many times. Each such meeting point represents a real electron at that moment. "

according to this theory, all matter, all energy, the entire universe, all of time, literally everything exists relative to this one electron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
this is a comforting idea

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Farecoal

There he go
Hey Mom said it was my turn to have the electron!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Jiminy crickets, this electron is givin me an erectron!

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
*adds, 'the universe electron is used up heating yesterday's coffee in a microwave', to the list of apocalyptic events.*

google THIS

Well that's a pretty negative outlook :haw:

Goons Are Gifts

Begging that the one electron never meets with the other universe's positron, else we might be annihilated.

google THIS

I like the comedy where the electron plays all the different characters, including the fat chick, and you're like "Wait a minute, is that really him? Nuh uh!" And then you watch the end credits and sure enough.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
There can be only one (electron)

I watched the whole Highlander series AND all the movies and NO ONE GOT HIGH

Manifisto

I have heard of this theory, and while it is one of the wilder theories I have heard it is also philosophically very satisfying. if it is not true scientifically, I believe it is true at least poetically.

ty nesamdoom!

City of Glompton

wasn't there an electron smilie or am i making things up?

:electron:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

hmm was it calledsomething else?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Squatch Ambassador

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
this one? :hydrogen:

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

One of these days I'm gonna get out of this one electron universe and do something with my life

Goons Are Gifts

Electrons are always such negative nancys, we should invest into protons. For some extra fun, I'd be okay with neutrons, too, but let's not get crazy too fast. The quarks are rising.

Manifisto

Drink-Mix Man posted:

One of these days I'm gonna get out of this one electron universe and do something with my life

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Drink-Mix Man posted:

ty manifisto

Nosfereefer

Drink-Mix Man posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Look, all I'm saying is you'd have to be one tough hombre to convince al the OTHER electrons that this here universe ain't big enough for the infinity of us

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

buy the electron an account

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

buy the electron an account

It would be shitposting for the sake of the universe.

google THIS

I'll admit I started to become suspicious when they didn't call it an electrons microscope.

Squatch Ambassador

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

google THIS posted:

I'll admit I started to become suspicious when they didn't call it an electrons microscope.

but if there's only one it should be the electron's microscope

Goons Are Gifts

It's all part of the cover-up, wake up

Manifisto

there is technically room for another electron, but the space is filled with an unused treadmill, various bicycles, old toys and furniture being saved in case somebody wants them someday, some salvaged semi-working shop equipment, and a riding lawn mower

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

there is technically room for another electron, but the space is filled with an unused treadmill, various bicycles, old toys and furniture being saved in case somebody wants them someday, some salvaged semi-working shop equipment, and a riding lawn mower

Electricity is just an electron exploiting it's spawn point over and over again as it corpse cannons it's way through an electrical circuit

LastGoodBoy

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Electrons aren't real. I'm positive.

High on the hog, 90's style.

hoses
that electron's name?

Jesus Christ.

(the Mormon one

FutonForensic

Dr. Bronner's ALL ONE unifying theory of physics gets my butthole feeling fresh

City of Glompton

thank you

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Another electron!? No. The one we have is still perfectly good.

Manifisto

I plug in the computer and nothing happens. as usual, someone is using the electron again. I sigh and pull up the schedule. I bet it's that fred williamson, he always goes over his allocated time but plays dumb when someone calls him on it.

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

*shouting downstairs from my room* MOM, GET OFF THE ELECTRON

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

*shouting downstairs from my room* MOM, GET OFF THE ELECTRON

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
24 hour cable news and social media makes following the electron much easier than it used to be

Space Taxi
I want to watch a movie on TV. Can I borrow the electron for Sunday night? You can have it back on Monday to cook breakfast.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

ONE

singular electron, every little thing it makes

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I think the electron is being rigged.

Goons Are Gifts

Just like the theories predicted, we've been ruled by one entity this entire time. It was all an inside job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Drink-Mix Man posted:

ONE

singular electron, every little thing it makes

ONE

thrilling combination, every move that it makes