Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
This poll is closed.
Yuko 12 66.67%
Momo 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Super Jay Mann posted:

The hidden door was in the kitchen cabinet all along. That's why Momo never found it, because she never cooks :allears:

This image can be found in the bonus features on the Japanese blu-ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Maxwell Adams posted:

Holy poo poo

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I love the way falling to darkness is no longer even acknowledged and happened in between panels

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

A jargogle posted:

I love the way falling to darkness is no longer even acknowledged and happened in between panels

At this point it's just her default magical girl transformation, they had an entire chapter about it and everything!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Maxwell Adams posted:

The attention to detail is really impressive and fun. Something else from this chapter:

See how Shamiko makes her way on the path to Momo's house...

She's only stepping on the white stones, which she does to avoid traps, as mentioned all the way back in Chapter 12 when she first went there.

Also, it looks like they brought along the rear end in a top hat Fish from up in the attic that was tempting Ryoko.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Chapter - https://mangadex.org/chapter/69607f50-6626-4f9e-b234-5d3b9894a3dd/1

Ryou really is the brains of the outfit huh

Also Shamiko's mom going to assist a co-worker during the storm sure does feel very sus given the manga very much is about making casual asides/jokes actually major plot points

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Just leaving Lico's name in characters is a whole new level of 'Nakama is a concept that cannot be translated, keikaku means plan'.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Yeah I'm not reading this chapter until the Sunrise Arrow translation comes out because every other one for this has been serious trash.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

mdct posted:

Yeah I'm not reading this chapter until the Sunrise Arrow translation comes out because every other one for this has been serious trash.
It was pretty bad yeah.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Better TL
https://mangadex.org/chapter/e5681f2e-50b5-4fe9-9707-f1547b328a9d/1

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Unfortunately it'll be a while 'til the next chapter, as there hasn't been a new one released these past 2 months because of Ito-sensei's health struggles. I really hope she's doing ok...

Cedilla
Jul 24, 2020
In case anyone hadn't seen it, the author posted a health update on Twitter (sorry for the obnoxious embed, I didn't know whether to disable it): https://twitter.com/izumo_ito/status/1456537111809576960

And someone on /a/ posted a image with the translated version (I don't know where they got it from), transcribed here:

quote:

Machikado Mazoku: An apology for this month's hiatus and future publication plans

Due to health problems caused by a worsening chronic illness, I was unable to meet my schedule and had to cancel the last two consecutive November and December issues of "Machikado Mazoku", which is currently being serialized in Kirara Carat,

I am very sorry for causing so much worry and inconvenience to my fans and the editorial staff.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of my current health condition and future plans for publication.

Due to the decline in my physical strength and vision caused by my medical treatment, it is difficult for me to sit down and work for long periods of time, and I have not had much time to work on the series.

For now, I'm focusing on recuperation and the work ahead of me. I hope to keep you posted on my twitter feed.

Lastly, I would like to apologize again for my lack of health management and for making you wait for the last installment.

Ito Izumo

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It sucks that they feel like they have to apologize for not only getting ill, but also for "lack of health management". I hope that they are recovering well.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEe40BIkfGA

New PV dropped.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I see saving the reveal for Darkness Momo for the actual series itself

I'm actually super curious as to where they're gonna stop as I think all the potential end points are all pretty mean cliffhangers. I do hope we get Momo's backstory animated at least

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm actually super curious as to where they're gonna stop as I think all the potential end points are all pretty mean cliffhangers. I do hope we get Momo's backstory animated at least

I'm only seeing the show set to run for 1 cour/12 episodes, so I strongly doubt the series will get that far. The first season covered the first two volumes of the manga in about 13 episodes, it wouldn't surprise me if the second season covers about as much material. As a bonus, that means wood and write about where Ugallu joins the cast which seems like a decent endpoint for a season as well.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It will almost certainly end at Ugallu being born.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
They also dropped (nearly) full versions of the new OP end ED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoBiUWr1kPc

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/mangatimekirara/status/1508097951117152256

Looks like the manga is starting up again and Ito's healthy!

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Omnicrom posted:

I'm only seeing the show set to run for 1 cour/12 episodes, so I strongly doubt the series will get that far.

falling into darkness irl :negative:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ragnar34 posted:

falling into darkness irl :negative:

Did you get a cool dark katana out of it at least?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
congrats on your engagement

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Omnicrom posted:

I'm only seeing the show set to run for 1 cour/12 episodes, so I strongly doubt the series will get that far. The first season covered the first two volumes of the manga in about 13 episodes, it wouldn't surprise me if the second season covers about as much material. As a bonus, that means wood and write about where Ugallu joins the cast which seems like a decent endpoint for a season as well.

She falls in volume 3, I checked, don't scare me like that. Ugallu hasn't even shown up at that point.

untitled username
Apr 30, 2009
New chapter https://mangadex.org/chapter/e0026798-4b9f-4d66-8065-ed98b4a617a0

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

It's 2 days past April Fools. If you want a bit of a joke speed scan, there you are. Otherwise, wait for Sunshine Arrow's release.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I read it cause it's been so long and regretted it a bit cause it's very rough but also worth it for Ogura/Ryou/Lico team having a great comedic dynamic

(Wait for Sunrise arrow though)

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shamiko's first time eating quality Beef was just an amazing visual gag out of nowhere. First episode just hit on all cylinders

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Shamiko's first time eating quality Beef was just an amazing visual gag out of nowhere. First episode just hit on all cylinders

KAWAAAAAAAM!

And boy howdy, season 2 hit the ground running. The episode was extremely impressive on every front. Not only was it a blast with gag after gag hitting home but it also very quickly introduced every major character and gave them all a scene or two to get across their respective deals both as a vector for comedy and as actual, strongly written characters. That dual nature is the reason Machikado Mazoku rules, and it's definitely a good thing the show pushed it front and center.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://i.imgur.com/hS5uEx3.mp4

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I had forgotten how rapid fire the dialogue can be in compressing the 4komas. I feel like the first season started out like that and gradually got better though.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Nate RFB posted:

I had forgotten how rapid fire the dialogue can be in compressing the 4komas. I feel like the first season started out like that and gradually got better though.
In this case it's down to them covering 3 chapters (plus some bonus content) in 1 episode rather than the usual 2 chapters, the the pace should chill out a little hereafter.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This OP rules.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I made a thread for season 2. Not sure how necessary it is, but if anime-only people come to this thread they're going to get a whole lot of spoilers.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3999505

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Apparently there was an anthology released over in Japan recently with various other manga authors? If we're lucky maybe we'll get a fan translation someday.

edit: well I guess there's at least one panel translated lol

Agronox fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 26, 2022

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 84 got TLed but it's the same gibberish as 83 which also hasn't gotten redone :negative:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Momo making crocs actually look cool in the anthology

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Nate RFB posted:

Chapter 84 got TLed but it's the same gibberish as 83 which also hasn't gotten redone :negative:

I imagine since the manga took a healthy hiatus, Sunrise Arrow's production flow is super interrupted and either slow or stopped entirely.