Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
This poll is closed.
Yuko 12 66.67%
Momo 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I can't believe Momo just crafted a magic homonculus daughter for her and Yuko.

At this rate, it won't be long until Momo is forcing Yuko to try on wedding dresses for some mysterious, unknown reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Maxwell Adams posted:

I can't believe Momo just crafted a magic homonculus daughter for her and Yuko.

At this rate, it won't be long until Momo is forcing Yuko to try on wedding dresses for some mysterious, unknown reason.

She won't have to push too hard, though. She'd definitely wear it with the occasional "Don't think this means you've won" here and there to put Momo in her place.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I still really enjoy all the "magical girl that grew up and is trying to live normally" jokes, like how Momo's transformation compact contains spare change and a paperclip.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like how much momo's line about "i think the person who's having to hide things from their family has things the hardest" hints at, her own relationship with her own family as a magical girl

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Agronox posted:

PLEASE TAKE THIS BIRD.

As of the latest episode, someone has!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Hypothetically speaking, if you consider a battle between one (1) magical girl and one (1) demon girl, as part of an ongoing feud, under what conditions is one party to the battle allowed to believe they have won that particular battle? Under what conditions is one party allowed to believe they have achieved total victory over the other party?

How does this apply when one is unable to leave the scene of the battle?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
First one to die loses, but to win too easily would imply you chose an unworthy opponent. They must instead preserve the health of the opponent (Through regular exercise and dietary instruction) and keep a close eye on them at all times.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

nielsm posted:

Hypothetically speaking, if you consider a battle between one (1) magical girl and one (1) demon girl, as part of an ongoing feud, under what conditions is one party to the battle allowed to believe they have won that particular battle?

First one to confess loses.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

That was kind of a confusing plot dump. I guess Momo's sister created Yuko's current living situation in a partially successful attempt to help her out, then magicked herself into nonexistence?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope this does well enough to get another season or something because i like where it's building up but it's also very "having to make an original ending in the middle of manga content" lol

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Agronox posted:

First one to confess loses.
drat, love really is war.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
I really liked that episode and what they did with the back story. Also the cat being the metatron basically confirmed what ive assumed since it was revealed lilith was alive since antiquity, is that she us the lilith from biblical apocrypha

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'm loving the deluge of plot right now, but I'm gonna need them to explain how the first episode makes any sense. Seiko gave her kid a fork and told her to go murderize a magical girl. Seiko must have known about Momo already, and she must have known that Yuko had no chance of winning that fight.

Some other stuff seems odd, too. Seiko already had a list of potential demon titles for Yuko, as if she already knew that Yuko would wake up with horns. Also, this whole time, it seems like someone used their dream powers to incept the idea into Momo that she should be nice to Yuko and make her stronger. Maybe Seiko got help from someone on the demon directory and set everything in motion?

Homura and Sickle posted:

I really liked that episode and what they did with the back story. Also the cat being the metatron basically confirmed what ive assumed since it was revealed lilith was alive since antiquity, is that she us the lilith from biblical apocrypha

There are a bunch of biblical names out there. Anri's full name is Sata Anri (Satan). Oruga Sion is Gusion, the teacher is Azazel. Also, the dad box has a few characters of Hebrew script on the corner, spelling out the Hebrew word for 'Treasure'.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Maxwell Adams posted:

Also, this whole time, it seems like someone used their dream powers to incept the idea into Momo that she should be nice to Yuko and make her stronger.

She just likes her.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the ending was pretty good. it seems like this anime's done a lot for the notability of the manga so hopefully that means they'll get to do another season down the line

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Gotta admit, I was a little sad we didn't see demon Momo.

Fun show though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good last ep, when's season 2

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Good show. I think this means the viewers have won.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Great ending for an incomplete manga. You did it Shamiko!

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

That was 100% just a marriage proposal.

Cute end to a cute show. Season 2 please

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I was not prepared for how sweet and good those last couple of eps were, what the hell

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
I hope one day these two complete their magical gay marriage

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

:qq: ganbare yuko :qq:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

All hyped for season 2 the wedding season

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
marry the demon Momo

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i loving loved that episode was so gay

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Good ending to this wonderful show.

Ganbarre shamiko

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Can confidently say that this show is this season's bocchi

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
So the narrator was Dad all along...

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Sindai posted:

marry the demon Momo

:hai:

I'm also going to need any and all fanart of hypothetical darkside Momo.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Can confidently say that this show is this season's bocchi

Sindai posted:

marry the demon Momo

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Dzhay posted:

I think this is what's shown on the volume 4 manga cover

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Dzhay posted:

Good luck finding any SFW fantart

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This show was a pleasant surprise. It would have been really easy to characterize Yuko as just one-dimensionally pathetic, but they don't, and the show is much better for it. (Also, the saying sound effects out loud never stopped being funny.)

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

(Also, the saying sound effects out loud never stopped being funny.)

Shamiko's VA carried a lot of the show. It doesn't matter that almost every scene is just talking heads or cheaper when that's what coming out of her mouth.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

lunar detritus posted:

Shamiko's VA carried a lot of the show. It doesn't matter that almost every scene is just talking heads or cheaper when that's what coming out of her mouth.

yeah a show about Magical Girl Aru and Demon Chika dating is a weird idea but it worked really really well

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

lunar detritus posted:

She's really good, but don't neglect Honsh--er, Momo either. Her VA took a stoic character and did really well with it, I thought. The leads had really good chemistry together.

This was my unexpected AotS. I am hoping to watch the whole thing over again before too long.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

She's really good, but don't neglect Honsh--er, Momo either. Her VA took a stoic character and did really well with it, I thought. The leads had really good chemistry together.

This was my unexpected AotS. I am hoping to watch the whole thing over again before too long.

Momo zannen

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Dzhay posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Dzhay posted:

here u go. its not fanart tho